Product: Lowes Bathroom Remodeling Clear all filters (21 of 21 reviews match)
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:
Featured

Don't do business with Lowes
I paid over $8000 to have Lowes renovate my bathroom. I had to pay in advance! They promised everything--"I'd love my bathroom, it would be done fast, everyone loves them....", but delivered almost nothing. They did the demo and the toilet supply line leaked for 9 days. They'd say they'd come at a certain day and time and never showed up, they offered excuses for everything e.g., "my truck doesn't run, my employee is injured, I can't find a plumber...". They had promised to be done in a month (in writing) but when they weren't they said "they weren't obligated by anything in the contract". Their work was terrible. The tile didn't line up, they mis-measured the shower pan, the grout was sloppy, they installed the shower door backward, there were screws missing on the safety grab bars, they didn't cover any of my furniture, and they actually put parts on our expensive white comforter. The shower door leaks, the tile is uneven, it's ugly!

Run the other way!!! I was swindled out of $27,000 for a small bathroom remodeling.

Instead of 3 weeks it took 5 months. The workers (James Stewart co.) ruined my new new jacuzzi tub while installing the tiles around it. I could go on an on.

I have learned my lesson! Never again!

dj1506

I hear you. Lowe's is horrible.

Dont use Lowes or Chris George of Alabama Dream Homes! This is the slowest, lowest quality, and most stressful install company we have ever used. The contracts with Lowe's to install siding and a deck were signed on March 2, 2017. We were told that the siding would be completed in two weeks and the deck project would be completed in a similar timeframe.

We have had to deal with multiple problems and difficulties with quality and timing of work, and the conduct of Lowe's or Alabama Dream Homes.

The problems include:

The subcontractor Alabama Dream Homes selected by Lowe's attempted to perform various portions of the work in a manner that did not comply with applicable city building codes, and we and/or the City of Opelika, Alabama were required to insist that building codes be followed.

Alabama Dream Homes also did not obtain building permits as required by the City of Opelika, until forced to do so at our insistence; various shortcuts and/or improper materials were used on the project, requiring us to have to insist that the substandard work be remedied, and in some cases, the substandard work is still not remedied. Many of the main screws attaching the deck to the house were not even touching the house, since they tried to cover damaged wood. And this deck is about ten feet off the ground! I have video of Chris George playing with one of our security cameras, probably to disable them so we could not see the bad work he does.

Boxes, empty food bags, drinks and other trash has been repeatedly left in our yard.

Ladders, trailers and other construction materials or equipment left in the yard for weeks; and most notably, Lowe's and/or Alabama Dream Homes have continued to delay and the project still has not been completed, as of July 13th, 2017. We have complained to corporate Lowes for weeks, but they are not able to help much and Lowes has shown no willingness to provide any type of refund or compensation.

while i can feel your pain in the issue you had there's one part about your complaint you should realize. you're slamming lowe's when it was the contractor who did the bad job you claim they did.

if lowe's wanted to do right by you they'd take care of it and fix it at no cost to you.

if they refuse to help THEN i'd recommend that you not shop there anymore. so again place blame where it's due in the first place.

@notgivingit

The customers contract is with Lowe’s. They didn’t hire the contractor, Lowe’s did. Lowe’s need to be the contact with the contractor and get the issues resolved.

Well mike thats not true at all lowes sets the price for the contractors and for the stereotype of all contractors are the same is wrong as well maybe this was a case of just a bad contractor

Mike_mn
@Anonymous

Nice to know. I stand corrected.

Mike_mn
#1320588

Big Box stores use contractors at the 'lowest bidder'. So, expect the most inexperienced contractors.

With the missing screws on the safety handles... this could be cause for litigation.

What would happen in you grabed them to steady yourself, the handle came off the wall, and you fell and injured yourself?

If they won;t fix it entirely... total removal and redue, then take them to court.

#1320473

Never use the big box stores for remodeling labor. They pay so little, you usually get inexperienced and/or incompetent contractors.

M.F3_a-z0-9

Sorry you got burned; TY for the heads up!

@M.F3_a-z0-9

Does anyone know of a person that has not been burned by Lowes.

View more comments (9)
Full refund
2.5
Lowes - Nightmare of Disaster
Lowes - Nightmare of Disaster

Update by user Jun 10, 2018

Still unfinished, we have to gut the whole shower and start from scratch with an independent professional contractor. We've been without our master shower for more than 6 months and it's still ongoing. It's been a tremendous inconvenience for me since I count on a...

I will have to call bullpoop . as much as i don't like lowes the fact remains they do only use background approved people .

i know this because i work there and all my people have to have a badge to prove that .

2nd off the tile guy would not be hanging a glass door ( tile installer ) not door installer. And last off as of 2017 lowes did not offer tile installation in showers so i can't even understand who was working in your home but it wasn't a confirmed lowes installer !

View more comments
Lowes Bathroom Remodeling
Pros
  • Extended credit
Cons
  • Dont care about you once they have your money
  • That they do not care about about customers once paid
Preferred solution
I want an independent contractor, Tony Stewart, to step in and tear out the pitiful shower and re-build it at Lowes cost. This shower has cost me a fortune and it's not up to ADA code.
  • poor accountabilty
  • Installation Error
  • Installation And Product Issues
  • Poor Management
  • Installation Contractors
  • Contractor Errors

Lowes in Norwich, Ohio - Incompetent, late

2.7
We used Lowe's in Hilliard (Mill Run) for a bathroom remodel and it was a nightmare. It took 3 1/2 months for an 8' x 8' bath. They only showed up a few hours each week and they sent unskilled laborers out to to do trade jobs. I had to watch them like a hawk for fear of them screwing something up and having to re-do it. You have to pay 100% up front, so you have no leverage if something goes wrong or if they are late. Do not, I repeat, do not consider them for any work.
Lowes Bathroom Remodeling
Cons
  • Quality of contractors
Price reduction
My remodel of 2 1/2 baths was scheduled to take from November 20th to February 8th. A lengthily timeline but we were assured they "usually" finish ahead of schedule. It took to July 3rd before I unfortunately signed off under the assumption I would get a refund of 50%...
Lowes Bathroom Remodeling
Cons
  • Project managementscheduling
Project oversght
  • Customer Service Failure
  • Bad Installation Services

Problems with Lowes bathroom remodel

3.5
I want to start by saying that the end result of our remodeling job with Lowes was beautiful. Unfortunately, I do not feel we received the level of customer service or value that I normally expect from Lowes. The bid that we received from Lowes was substantially higher than other bathroom remodeling bids we received. In the end we decided to spend the extra money for two reasons. The first is that they promised to provide a single point of contact in the store and told us that they would manage the contractor performing the work. The second was the life time leak warranty. I don't know how the leak warranty will work out, but the management of our remodeling project was HORRIBLE. The primary problem was that the work was performed whenever the contractor could find someone to work. The result was that it took about 5 months to remodel a bathroom, during most of which the bathroom and our master bedroom closet were not usable. When we called our project manager at Lowes we were told to call the contractor. When we called the contractor he would make promises on when the next workers would be at our home, only to repeatedly to miss those deadlines. We complained, were promised it would get better, then the whole cycle would start again. Given how long we were out of a bathroom and how bad the project management was, I believe that we definitely did not get our money's worth and wish we had rolled the dice on a contractor that was 20% less!
Lowes Bathroom Remodeling
Pros
  • Final result was very nice
Cons
  • Customer service experience was terrible
Poor customer service
  • Home Improvememt

Lowes in Columbus, Ohio - Lowe's use of contractors is problematic

1.6
My worst experience working with Lowe’s and their contractors to remodel a bathroom. Theresa: Lowe’s Sales/Interior Design Mark: Lowe’s Central Installation Manager Jimmy: Lowe’s Store Manager Chris: UHS General Contracting My wife and I stopped at Lowe’s Polaris store in Columbus, OH towards the end of June to getting an estimate on a bathroom remodeled. We told Theresa what we wanted to do and looked at the products that they had available. Keep in mind as you read my review that our bathroom is small (5’ x 8’). We wanted to replace the vanity, toilet, bathtub, shower hardware, lighting\ceiling fan, and to tile the floor and bathtub walls. We also told them that we have several other projects that we want to do (kitchen remodel, replace all interior doors and trim, replace our very large deck. Theresa and Chris came out to our house to look at our existing bathroom and get measurements. Theresa drew up the plans and we approved them. I paid for the labor and materials on July 5, 2018. Total cost was almost $11,000. Yes, for a 5x8 bathroom with no gold in it. There is nothing extravagant about it, just basic materials. The materials were finally delivered on August 18 2018. Theresa and Chris came back out to inventory the delivered materials on 8/22/2018. It was found that the vanity top was the wrong size and the new bathtub had a chip out of it. They had to be replaced. They confirmed that evening that the remodel would start on 8/27/2018 and that it would take three weeks to finish. We discussed why it would take 3 weeks to remodel a small bathroom. Their example of why, was that there would be times when they could only work part of a day because they would have to pause for things like when they patched a wall with spackling, they needed it to dry before they continue. They said nothing about many days where nothing would be happening, just waiting for the contractors. We agreed to leave the door from the garage to the house unlocked and gave them the code for our garage door. They missed the first week completely. They said that they came out once but the code for the garage door didn’t work. They wrote it down wrong. This left 2 weeks to finish the job on time. Long story short, they didn’t make the completion date on time, it took them more than 5 weeks to complete. Actually they did not finish, I had to buy the shower bar and install it myself. They originally ordered a shower bar that required them to drill through the newly laid tile. I asked them to replace this with a tension control shower bar but I guess that they didn’t want to do that. During the installation, we found that the exhaust fan\LED light that THEY ordered was too small for the opening and left a gaping hole in the ceiling. They eventually replaced it after lots of complaining. They had the dumpster removed on 10/01/2018 (at 6:00AM pitch black out). In doing so, they tore up some of our yard with deep tracks in it. They also left a pile of trash behind (in our garage) that I am going to have to deal with now. They missed more days than they worked, that’s why it took more than 5 weeks to complete. We sent emails, called, or personally visited them in store (Theresa, Chris, Mark, Jimmy) at LEAST once a week and got NO response except for Mark. Mark made promises to improve the service, but it never happened. The store manager was the same, empty promises. We NEVER heard back from the Sales contact. Once the purchase was made, she was silent. They didn’t communicate at all, and when they did, many times they texted me a second time, the night before they were suppose to show up, to cancel and re-schedule, missing another day of work. Overall, once the sale is made (they get their money), Lowe’s doesn’t care about the customer! I will never use them again. Go HOME DEPOT!

I wouldn’t go to Home Depot either. They are just as bad, if not worse.

I am having the same issue with the Boca Raton Store. I guess their training is the same at all stores...NADA....My promises have been going on since August 2018. I notified the Better Business Bureau and are contemplating taking them to court,since they have my $20,000.

Poor customer service

Lowes in Hillsboro, Oregon - Bathroom Remodel Mess

2.6
Made an appointment for bathroom remodel. Designer emailed and said she wanted to introduce self. I was impressed. She said that their procedure has changed and that the first visit would be at the clients home instead of the store. The interior designer showed up as scheduled, took measurements, and asked me some questions about my bathroom project. So far so good. This was on December 22, 2018. We made the in store follow up appointment for January 4th. One hour before the appointment she left a voice mail saying their procedure has changed and that she will not be able to keep the appointment. I called the designer back to confirm i had received her voice mail. No follow up call to explain. Four days later the designer emailed and said the program has disbanded. What? And to give one hour notice to cancel!

Consider yourself lucky that they ended the program before your project got started. Otherwise you would have really been stuck in a nightmare.

My advice would be DON’T go to Home Depot either. Do some research and find a good, reputable local contractor.

Lady those people just lost their jobs because the PSI project is done at Lowe’s. Please get over yourself. They found out on the 4th of January.

Order processing issue

Lowes in Norcross, Georgia - Lowe’s performed faulty bathroom installation

1.3

Update by user Sep 11, 2018

This is my opinion and my personal experience and I have evidence to back up my claims. Lowe’s did provide a good installer for my bathroom counter install but even the process of going through Lowe’s to do this was very frustrating due to little if no call backs when trying to gather information on my project, not sending needed information in a timely manner, and not being upfront about realistic time frames of project completion. Lowe’s executive office did look into my project but has not rectified my situation to my satisfaction as of yet.

Original review posted by user Sep 11, 2018

I have had a horrible experience with Lowe’s. Worst decision of my life and I wish I had somehow known to avoid them. The sub contractor they assigned to my master bathroom project had horrible work ethic, installed materials incorrectly according to industry standards and they still have yet to give me a credit back for the work improperly done. They wanted to come “correct” the issues but this was the last straw with my project and there was no way I could take the risk again after experiencing such incompetence and I professionalism. I am a very patient and flexible person and this has been the worst experience of my life. Still not resolved and I have experienced emotional abuse by stall tactics and even Lowe’s executive staff that has chosen not to rectify this situation properly. I will never recommend Lowe’s to anyone and will never use them again. There are no words to describe how upset, frustrated and angry I am with how they have treated me and handled a mistake that they should’ve taken full responsibility of.

We had the same experience it was a 3-month horror story not only bad installation and service unethical. They operate in a fraudulent manner they substitute cheaper products they send a handyman instead of general contractor and that's just the beginning of the problems we had we're out $4,500 right now. Our experience was out of Union City Tennessee and their installation Department they give you the run-around every time you have a complaint that someone else you have to talk to I talked to at least seven people that never returned phone calls answer emails or address these problems.

You expected Rolls Royce service from a Chevy dealership. Why would you have such high expectations from a discount home improvement center?

$12000
  • Lowe s Corporate
  • lowes bathroom installation

Lowes in Garner, North Carolina - Bathroom remodeling

1.3
Doing big bathroom removal to big shower and replacing everything in master bathroom. First objective of project to purchase double sink bathroom vanity. Lowe’s suggest I have there people come out and do measurements and installation. They contract it with Progressive Remodeling. It took them 42 days to get measurements to Lowe’s. Progressive and Lowe’s both did not care about resolving issue. Still no vanity and my contractor is scheduled to do work in 10 days on remodeling of pulling out tub and shower. Had to take 2 days off work because neither one of them would say we lost measurements. Will find another place to purchase vanity, toilet, bathroom mirrors, flooring and misc item somewhere else. They was trying to get remodeling job for bathroom. Glad I Did Not Choose THEM for COMPLETE REMODELING! They used to be my 1 stop and shop for everything. No longer maybe I need to give Home Depot a chance
Order processing issue

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111

Lowes Reviews

Lowes reviews

Lowes - Bathroom remodel

2.8
Took over twice as long as they said it wound. Project never finished on their part. Awful work. No communication. They want the money up front but don’t care much after they receive it. The experience was definitely a lesson learned.