Please forward this comment to the REGIONAL Manager for the Bluffton, SC Lowes: On Thursday, Feb. 24, 2011, approximately 12:43 PM I was attempting to purchase a large quanity of bulk outdoor garden supplies for a pending job.

There was only one register open in Outdoor garden so I proceeded indoors with the large batch of mulch and informed the manager at the front desk that there was only one cashier on duty outside and at this time of year there are a great number of customers. He said he was "doing his best" to correct the problem. I informed him that this has been a problem at this store FOR YEARS and it's time that "his best" actually resulted in a change for the better. I then proceeded with my large bulky cart to the checkout lane indoors just as a storewide power failure caused the computers to crash.

I was unable to proceed with my order and left. I was unable to do the work which I had intended to do with those supplies. Had their been two cashiers on duty in the outdoor garden checkout during this busy early spring season I would have been able to check out prior to the power failure and do my work. This repeated failure to address this critical issue has once again, as it has repeatedly in past years, cost me time and money.

I do not want to hear another apology from a store manager.

What I do want to hear is a statement from the REGIONAL MANAGER explaining to me what steps he is taking to assure that this situation is not repeated again as it has so many times already. I am also posting this complaint at online web sites regarding Lowes customer performance.

Review about: Lowes Cashier.

Comments

As a manager of the front end of lowes i do understand that its frustrating when there is not enough cashiers to accomodate the business that we get on a daily basis. The front end has more turn over in employees than anywhere else in the store.

This year lowes waited till the end of feburary to allow us to hire our seasonal employees due to the economy. Therefore we hope that everyone can be patient with is as we gear up for our aprimg season. We only have the ability at mu store to have one cashier on the garden center at my store as well. To expediate your check out in the future i would suggest onstead of pushing your cart inside ask a associate working in the garden center to invoice your order for you.

That way you only have to give your phone number at any register.

Then you would be able to go back to the garden center and go out with your cart. Hope thia helps

WAIT IN LINE IF YOU WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! STOP BEING IMPATIENT!!!

OH AND ITS THE STORE'S FAULT THAT THE POWER WENT OUT. SERVES YOU RIGHT!

PLEASE REGIONAL MANAGER, (IF YOU EVEN HAPPEN TO READ THIS) DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH IMPATIENT,RUDE PEOPLE.

GROW UP! THERE IS MORE THING IN LIFE THAT ARE IMPORTANT THEN COMPLAINTING WAITING IN LINE! WAIT YOUR TURN AND SHUP UP!

If I was a Lowes manager I would tell you to shop else where if you don't like it. Been happening for years but you keep going back. Also you could have waited to see when the computers would come back up.