I went into Lowes in LUMBERTON, NC on Jan. 10th.

to buy a fan. While my wife was looking at them, I went to look at some lumber for a table. I noticed that the yellow belts were on the floor at both ends of the isle, (where they had been working and had the isle blocked off earlier) I put my hand on the eyelevel shelf for balance to look at a table top below.

A giant pressed board 3 feet wide and 6 feet long crashed down on my right foot and broke it completely across. I told the manager and he filed a claim.

Today, May 27th they called and offered me 350.00. That won't even pay for the shoes I have tried to wear. My foot will never be the same width again. I went through 3 months of pure ***, and it still hurts today.

If you love shopping at Lowes, then by all means do it.

But if they hurt you... YOU ARE SCREWED.

Comments

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #148633

You should be glad that they even gave you $350 when they clearly had the area marked off.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #148632

I think it was his wife that beat him up and broke his foot, and he is too ashamed to admit it.

Yellow tape should have been a sign to beware. Lowes should make you pay for the damage you caused as well as there pain an suffering for having to listen to an *** cry...

Was talking about the *** who smashed his foot, not the person who wrote the comment :upset

go screw yourself you *** a$$hole

Awka, Anambra, Nigeria #148148

You knocked a board off the shelf and broke your own foot. Now all you see is $$$ signs in your eyes as you run off to see a blood sucking lawyer. It's folks like you that raise prices for the honest folks in the world.

rippedoffhulagirl

No...dont accept the lousy 350 dollars, get an injury lawyer and don't for get to get compensated for pain and suffering too. Having a broken foot is nothing easy to get rid of and difficult to heal.

Altenkirchen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany #147685

You are the *** that caused yourself a broken foot. Everything that happened to you was 110% your fault. Good luck trying to sue them!