Product: Lowes Cabinet Installation Clear all filters (11 of 11 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Albuquerque, New Mexico - Disappointed

ordered a bath counter top in Jan 2019...It is now April 2019...Never did get the counter top...All they did was credit my account, so now I have to get my money back from the bank and find a new counter top.... no one really cared, now its home depot from now on. If you do any business with lowes, do it at your own risk....

Lowes issued you a refund. What else do you Want Lowes to do?

AbidingChameleon354
@Anonymous

Why does it take 4 months for them to realize that they cannot get it. You will be much better off going to a company that can tell you how long it will take to get.

Lowe’s shipped 4 cracked ,chipped sinks to our customer before she got one in decent shape.

It’s been my experience not to buy anything you want to last from Lowe’s or Home Depot the quality isn’t there. Spend a little extra and go to a Plumbing supplier.

@AbidingChameleon354

Why would a customer wait 4 months to request a refund? As you say the sinks were "shipped" it doesn't sound like they were delivered from the store.

Were they shipped via UPS or other carrier from the manufacturer? In any case they normally come in a box that encloses the sink.

Most stores aren't going to open boxes as all too many customers would make a stink about the product being in open box and want a discount claiming it was a returned or used product. These problems can happen at any retail store you buy from.

@Anonymous

your an ioditType your message here

@Anonymous

What a Rube! He doesn't even know how to spell the word "idiot"...........................................

Lowes doesn't manufacture the countertop. Unfortunately their manufacturer didn't follow through and ship your top.

What did you expect Lowes to do? Did you think they should keep you money and say "tough luck"? Sounds like they did the right thing and issued a refund. Refunding you purchase in the form it was paid is pretty standard at any retail store.

If you look at Home Depot's complaints (or any other retailer) you will find that things go wrong at other stores as well. Good luck with your next order.

AbidingChameleon354
@Anonymous

Don’t purchase anything that you need to last at Lowe’s or Home-depot.

View more comments (6)
Problem with delivery
$2000
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

1.5

Update by user Mar 26

It's a 4,000 dollar loss not 4.

Original review posted by user Mar 26

We had a pipe burst and our kitchen needed to be remodeled. We hired lowes to do it. When their contractor got in to the renovation they found mold in our walls. Lowe's Manager, Wayne, told us we had to get approval for their contractor to do the walls and he told us they could. They did not update our contract to reflect this, and did not tell us we could hire our own contractor. Their contractor then did a horrible job, our window leaks, they left a large space between the walls and the floor, enough for mice, squirrels and weasels to find their way into our house. They didn't install our dishwasher back in properly and it broke leaking all over our floors and peeling up the newly laid tile by my husband because their contractor ripped up our floors even though we had said to leave the old flooring and it wasn't in our contract and not approved so we had no floors when they were "done". Everything in our kitchen is 2 inches off center so our window frame had to be cut into to fit everything. They did not finish the job, you can still see under our cupboards to the wall. When I called to get them to come fix the damage they caused they said that a verbal agreement is not a contract and they are not responsible for any of the damage. Except the wall that the animals are coming in from isn't even the wall with mold. I've been talking to them for 4 months about this in the middle of winter with water pouring down into my kitchen every time it snows or rains from their horrible install.

Like the other person said, look for a place that offers free consultation with an attorney/lawyer and hope you have all necessary paperwork and emails from this Lowe incident. We're having an issue with Lowe's ourselves...this company needs to go out of business.

It's unacceptable for a store this large to associate themselves with unqualified contractors and to keep zero records of jobs being done. It would seem they are hiring cheaply and sucking dry their insurers by fixing unnecessary problems (poorly at that).

h.kitchener

Lowe's hires subcontractors to do their installations. Some are good, others are not.

It is always best to hire a guy on your own to do the work and you two can agree on where the cabinets, etc. come from and what kind, etc. Allowing a big box store like Lowe's to do everything is a recipe for problems.

You can get a free consult with an attorney to see what you can do if the damage caused by Lowe's installers is worth your legal costs. One of life's lessons.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Cabinet Installation
Cons
  • Broken dishwasher
  • Contractor
  • Destroyed property
Preferred solution
For them to come fix the areas causing the damage or a full refund so we can hire someone to fix the damages.
Tags
  • Lowes cabinet installation
  • Kitchen Remodeling

Lowes in Fort Worth, Texas - Buyer Beware

BUYER BEWARE!!! Spent $3200 to get cabinets and a vanity installed at the store on Bryant Irvin. I received a call 3 weeks after placing the order stating that everything was in. Twenty minutes later, I received another call starting that part of the cabinet was back ordered. No one could tell me why I received the first call. Now three weeks later, and I had confirmed installation again. An hour before the install time window was to elapse, I received another call stating that they ordered the incorrect piece, and it was damaged. All pieces had been at the store for a week (most for over 3 weeks); however, no one bothered to inspect all the pieces. I asked to have the name and phone number/email of the regional manager multiple times but was told they couldn’t provide that information to me. I did some digging and found a number on online. Again, I was told that I couldn’t have the regional manager’s information , but I could file a corporate complaint, and I would be contacted within 24 hours. I called the store back asking to speak to the store manager, and I was turned over to a department manager. I have yet to be able to speak to the ACTUAL store manager or a regional manager.
h.kitchener

Why don't you just cancel the order and go elsewhere? Apparently, Lowe's doesn't really care to have your business.

Lowes in Hoover, Alabama - Don’t waste your time

1.5
August 1st cabinets were suppose to be installed. September 1st we finally had to find our own contractor to install them. September 5th still waiting on granite. Brenda with the Executive Committee at Lowe’s is worthless and wants to do nothing but nickel and dime you. The BBB is involved now and next the media will be involved. Now they are falsifying dollar amounts to make themselves look good. And when asked for actually invoices I was told to wait 3 more days.

No help available at the Chicago Brickyard store

Lowes - J R Rogers

I paid Lowes to install the cabinets i purchased at their store only to have the subcontractor, did not know how to install cabinets. Unfortunately i didn't figure this out until he was done and i took a look at the final product. one top cabinet was 1 1/2 higher than the other, lower cabinet were not level, handle are crooked, and job site not cleaned when he left the job. Very nice young man, but did not have the experience needed for installing cabinets. Now going through the nightmare of working with lowes to correct the problems. i paid a good amount to have lowes install these cabinets, very sad.

Sounds like job Jacky cooper did !

Bad quality

Kitchen remodel nightmares are yours from Lowes

2.7
We started this nightmare the beginning of January, are now on third order of replacement cabinets. this last order is for custom curved shelves for end of cabinet row. was just plywood with iron on edging for $306.00. (Custom my ***) edging coming loose in corners and saw blade marks on shelves. flooring transition strip to living room has large gap you can see stripes of glue, when floor was installed the installer had a 5 gal pail of tools that a drill motor with drill bit in it, it must have fell and poked *** n new floor. and my garage is now full of broke and bad painted cabinets and cardboard. Call project manager and they don't answer phone so i called from different phone and got an answer, but no answers to my questions and never got back with me. i call every day now trying to get this job fixed and done with no reply.

you went to Lowe's because they were cheaper then the local company, and that is exactly what you got!

Lowes Cabinet Installation
Cons
  • Will never shop at lowes again
Bad quality

Lowes dysfunction and negligence can cost you more than the purchase

3.5
I purchased a kitchen and bathrooms cabinet project from Lowes in June of 2017, I paid $35,000.00 in full, up front per their policy. Lowes finally installed the correct cabinets in April of 2018. During this time we were unable to live in the home because we no longer had sinks or faucets, the entire time this nightmare dragged on and the expenses of maintaining two homes mounted Lowes corporate office just kept saying "dont worry...... when its finished we will compensate you for your additional expenses". Once finished they offered me $1,000.00 to compensate for tens of thousands of dollars in additional expenses. Do yourself and your family a favor AVOID LOWES if you value your family and your money do not invite this menace into your life.

I totally agree. I had a horrible and similar experience with them as well!!!!

Lowes Cabinet Installation
Cons
  • Being treated like i was disposable and being lied to
$52000
Full refund

Lowes in Valdosta, Georgia - VERY ANGRY & IRATE CUSTOMER!!!

LOWES CRUMMY SERVICE!!! Does Lowes think somebody is stupid!!!! My name is Reuben Lee. My account number is 81924114850902. My phone number is 347-806-1221. On 11/14, Lowes dropped off the cabinets we purchased. On 11/16, Lowes begin installing the cabinets. Now, they were supposed to come back out and do the electrical outlet work and put on the knobs to the shelves we purchased from Lowes. Today is Friday 12/1/17. We haven't heard from nobody. I talked to Derek Edwards out of your corporate office in North Carolina. He told he's looking for electricians...I talked to Coy, who dispatches the contractors. He was supposed to get back to us. NOTHING! This merchandise was purchased out of your Valdosta, GA store. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE SERVICE ON ALL LEVELS!!! I am in the Transportation / Installation business. It is Friday 12/1/17 @ 9:54 am. The 1st payment is due 12/5. If this is not resolved today completely to my satisfaction, YOU CAN COME PICK UP YOUR MERCHANDISE & I WILL GO TO HOME DEPOT!!! VERY SIMPLE!!! ANGRY / IRATE CUSTOMER!!!

I don't know about Lowes thinking you're stupid but I have to question a person that would post their name, account number and phone number on the internet. I wonder who will be responsible for charges to your account since you posted all this information for everyone to see.

Well Lowe's isn't thinking about you at all but I definitely think you're stupid.

Well... It is not very smart to post your personal and CC information on a public website.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Cabinet Installation
Cons
  • Crummy service all around
Problem with delivery

Lowes in Arlington, Texas - Cabintes gone wrong

Long story short. We are trying to sell a second home. Contracted Lowes, paid 6K+. Nothing went right. Wrong cabinet on one wall, not level, part of them on the slab, the other end up on the tile. I had to level so i could put countertops back on. Can't install vent-a-hood, they drilled hole 4 inches off. It took literally 2 months of yelling to get someone in corporate to even start communicating. Promises of "so and so will be calling you by the end of the day". That has yet to happen. Customer service reps in store called my wife ***, so called store manager said "this is your problem" on numerous occasions. In the end, can't sell a house with missing cabinets, called names, but Lowes sure has no problem taking your money and making empty promises. The transaction started in December, took our money, and here we are, almost May, and still can't put the house on the market. I'll never buy a washer, screw, or set foot in Lowes ever again.
#1320485

Never use the big box stores contractors. They pay so little, you usually get inexperienced and/or incompetent installers.

Lowes Cabinet Installation
Cons
  • Called names by
  • Zero customer service
Reason of review
Most of the above.Poor cust service, horrible quality, missed delivery on numerous occasions, wrong items ordered.
Full refund

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111
All Lowes Contacts

Lowes Reviews

Lowes reviews

Lowes in Cape Girardeau, Missouri - Kitchen Cabinet

I recently had kitchen cabinets in stalled by Lowes of Mt Vernon il.Labor charge was 649.00 took less than a day.When the job was finished they left particle board showing on my kitchen floor isttead of putting a piece of laminate flooring down to match the rest of my floor looks like the work was done by an off of the street handyman instead of a pro.They refuse to correct the problem. I have bought a lot of stuff from lowes but i will no longer do business with them.Iwill tell everyone i know how shoddy they are.SHODDY SHODDY SHODDY SHODDY SHODDY SHODDY SHODDY SHODDY SHODDY SHODDY SHODDY SHODDY

Did you pay to have flooring done also. Just because you pay to have cabinets installed doesn't automatically get floor work done.

I have no ties with Lowes. I have seen multiple time customers want turn key project but dont want to pay a contractor and try act as their own. When something get overlooked its always somebody elses fault.

Why would you install cabinets and not new flooring. It's almost impossible, but can be done, to install cabinets in exact same footprint.

#1200908

You purchased cabinets and installation of the cabinets. Sometimes the new cabinets don't cover the same floor space as the old cabinets which is what happened in your kitchen. Unless the contract you have includes repairing or replacing flooring that is a separate job you will need to take care of.

View more comments (1)
Reason of review
High price for poor work
Tags