At the night before the scheduled delivery date, I was given the delivery window between 7pm and 9pm. At November in Chicago area, the sunset time is around ~4:45pm. The delivery was for our newly purchased investment property (still in the middle of remodeling, need to use flash light in the dark, not safe for me to go there at night alone). I called Lowes and asked to reschedule my delivery to some other time while there are still daylight.

To my surprise, I was told there are no way to ensure my delivery will happen during the daylight time! If I want Saturday delivery, I will get a call on Friday night to find out the delivery window. If it's after dark again, I have to keep calling and reschedule for next Saturday, next Saturday, etc. until the automated phone message gives me a daylight delivery window. That could be next week, or next month, or next year...

This is the most ridiculous customer service I've ever experienced! He didn't want to try anything at all! It's none of his business if I get injured or robbed because of the night time delivery! The same person seemed very patient and professional when I was in store for shopping. But I don't think a good sales person can be lack of basic customer service skills like this.

I've purchased a lot from Lowes in the past 2 years while working on my several investment properties. I'll definitely try to avoid Lowes in the future. It's not worth my time and stress.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Delivery Service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 12, 2011.

Comments

I believe that hviang some type of multicultural education is a must for everyone, no matter what professional field you are in. I think that everyone encounters someone from a different culture frequently throughout their lives whether it is on the phone, in passing on the street, during class, at a restaurant, etc.

If we are provided with some multicultural education, then we can be more tolerable and learn to appreciate other cultures. There are several benefits to knowing about other cultures. If we are more culturally competent, then we will be able to be more accepting of the differences between other cultures, we will be able to interact with other cultures in a more positive way and we may even learn something new that impacts our lives in different ways. Multicultural issues greatly impact our service delivery as speech language pathologist.

When helping students who are from another culture, there are several factors that need to be considered and researched. These factors include whether the errors produced are from a disorder or difference, if the tests given are standardized based on that child’s culture, making sure the tests are given in English and in their native language, and the beliefs and values that may impact how the child and family responds during assessment and treatment. These factors need to be researched ahead of time so that the speech pathologist is well prepared and does not offend their clients due to a lack of understanding of their values.

Our service delivery to those from another culture is greatly impacted by hviang a multicultural education. One does not need to know everything about every culture, but hviang a multicultural education will prepare you and lead you to take the necessary steps in order to provide the the proper services to clients from another culture.

After working at lowes for 12 years a lot of things have changed. Customer service is the big one.

The problem starts at the top and goes to the store level. Customer service is a thing of the past.

Awka, Anambra, Nigeria #373931

Go to Menards. They will schedule your delivery time frame at the time of your purchase and you will get a daytime delivery if that is what you want.