1.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I visited the flooring dept at Lowes on 196th St SW, Lynnwood Wa on July 13 to order carpet for 2 homes my sister and mother own. I filled out the flooring folders w/correct install address, my email, names and # for owners.

Installers came out and measured. That's when the FU started. The flooring salesman got the addresses and names mixed up. When we figured out the error, went in to pay for carpet, they had 4x more pad on the estimate than what we needed.

When that got corrected, we paid the invoice and were told install would be 7-10 days. We got home and noticed the install address was incorrect (the other house). After repeated calls to Lowes to get the install address straight, they said they would have to credit and recharge to correct the address. They finally did this today, June 29 and now I'm being told the install wait starts today (after being told prior by 3 people at Lowes that my install date would not be affected by their screw up on the address.

The $97 install is a scam. On the invoice they charge you for the pad IN THE INSTALL PRICE. The $97 install or FREE INSTALL is merely a scam, lost leader. You have to look carefully at the amounts for pad and carpet and make sure they are not overcharging you for those items to make up for the FREE INSTALL.

I will never use this store again for carpet purchase and install. Everyone there seems to have no brains. When the store manager called me to "apologize" I said I didn't need an apology, I needed performance. I need the carpet installed like they said, which would have been coming up this week.

Now we have to wait another 12 days! BAD JOB LOWES.

Review about: Lowes Flooring Installation.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments