Product: Lowes Cashier Clear all filters (78 of 78 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Port Charlotte, Florida - About Vet discounts

My husband (a vet) doesn't get veteran discounts at lowes even though his drivers license show vet on it. He was told he had to have a or carry his dd214. How many vets carry around their DD214? His license should be enough to confirm hes a vet. The cashier told him he must have a dd214 to get a discount. I wrote their customer service and never received a answer. I just think its ridiculous that its this way. I understand policy but she should have called a supervisor up.............................................i am tired of typing i don't need a

I'm a Veteran myself, with that being said, if I go to a business and they offer a discount for Vets that's fine, but I won't ask for one, and if they ask for ID which is understandable, I show them my VA Card or a small copy of my DD Form 214. I think it's great these companies do that, but I also think that Vets need to stop expecting these perks.

It's enough for me to know I served my country and will do so again, if folks want to thank me for that, that's fine, and if they don't, that's fine also, I did not serve in the Military for the glory and praise from the public. I served because I love my country and wanted to do something worthwhile.

#919263

ENTITLEMENT AT IT'S FINEST. Seriously get over yourself.

My military friends think you people who do this are total disgrace to their career choice. They did not join the military for a 10% discount.

It's getting tiring hearing vets cry about not getting a discount. Don't quite know why they feel they are so much more deserving of a discount than many other professions.

They have plenty of benefits that came with the job.

You don't hear teachers who educate their children complain about not getting a discount even though many have to spend part of their hard earned income purchasing classroom supplies that their schools can't afford. For the vets that take pride in their service and don't feel insulted because they don't get a discount here and there, THANK YOU for a job well done, you service to our country is greatly appreciated.

@Anonymous

I repeat my Post to you my friend, I like your post:

View more comments (3)
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Lowes - Cashier Review from Newark, New Jersey

My second time at loews in 253-01 Rockaway Blvd , Rosedale , ny . I had a list with over $2000 dollar work of Hardware item to buy . When I went there and ask multiple employees they told me I am on my Break , I don't work in this isle , let me page some one , they will walk away and very rude . The cashiers are very rude too . Some materials aren't on the shelf when u ask , they will tell u I will get some one and they will dissappear . . The cashier will get in your face too .
Don1954

Same experience here in Kissimmee Florida ( Osceola pkwy). Three employees standing in isle , I asked for help ....

To just eyeball somthing for me as my eyes aren't the greatest . one guy said " I have bad eyesight" other guy " not my dept" , third guy " I'm just a fork lift operator " .....

Felt like telling each one *** , *** , and *** ! Lowes is really low class !

Lowes Cashier Review

I was at the lowes in florance ky no one ask me if I need any help or greeted me very rude people when the the checkout and the cashier name pamela was very rude throw my stuff Ina bag and didn't say anything to me
Lowes Cashier

Lowes in Kahului, Hawaii - Purchased in store after finding what I wanted on-line and paid more

Bought a fridge (item #186228) after I spent a few hours on Lowe's website and decided on that item, saw it was available in my local store. Went there and directly to the department and simply said I wanted to buy that item. The clerk went to make sure it was there and punched it all in. I then checked-out/paid at the cashier when leaving. Never thought to look at the price until I got home and found that I paid $1,529.10 (before tax) when the price on line was $1,439.10 (no shipping because it was in stock, no extra fees except the same tax). I called my local Lowes and Rita told me "well, if you buy on line you take out the middleman so we can give you a better price". I asked her who the middleman was in this case and she said "well, the sales rep". I told her that I understood what she was saying but couldn't believe she was actually telling me that Lowes considers their employee's "middlemen". I will simply go back and cancel the order/delivery and then order on-line, but probably not from Lowes!
ransom

It's not uncommon at all for brick and mortar stores to have different prices from their web sites. It's up to you to check.

Assume nothing.

That associate was incorrect in her statement about the middleman. Lowes no longer does commission sales in appliances as of a few years ago.

There are certain promotions that are advertised online and not in store. Usually they will match the in-store price to the online price to satisfy the customer.

Helpful.Tech

Buying large scale or more expensive merchandise though a website is asking for problems. In fact, it's the number one reason, indirectly, that people complain about their purchase. Too many problems can exist with a new appliance and trying to facilitate a positive outcome with someone not local creates too many logistical problems.

Although it's not uncommon to find difference pricing between brick and mortar and online, most locations will fix the issue if you bring it to the proper attention of a manager.

Really, she actually said their own employees are the middleman? WTF

Try www.applianceconnection.com you will find much better prices, free shipping and no sales tax. Good luck. Tony

View more comments (4)
Reason of review
They advertise in-store "guarnteed lowest price"...but they should say "except on our own website"
Loss

Lowes in Cotati, California - Accused of shoplifting after returning merchandise for exchange

We recently bought several granite umbrella stands from this store. When we arrived home and unpacked, we found one of them cracked in half. No problem at this point, we understand these things happen. We returned to the store and waited in line for 30 minutes at customer service. The woman that helped us (small, with glasses) looked at the base and asked us "if we were sure we didn't crack it when unpacking it. Basically accusing us of the damage. We said "no" we did not crack the stand. She then stared at her computer for five full minutes. Next she got on her cell phone and walked away so we couldn't hear her. She came back in 5 minutes and said she would allow a "one time" exchange. I asked her what she meant by that, and she said she was just repeating what her supervisor said. I asked to speak to her supervisor but was told she had just left the store. She looked at her computer and said there were 5 more umbrella stands with our color in the garden department. We were told to "go find one" and them come back and stand in line again. We walked across the store to where they keep the stands and found they had zero stands in our color. We verified there were no more "in back" with another employee in that dept. When we asked if the inventory system had a mistake, he said the inventory system was "a mess" and he never relied on it. So we compromised and selected one with a different color. We went back and stood in line for 20 minutes at customer service. By chance, we ended up being helped by the same girl that "helped" us before. She couldn't understand why we chose one of a different color and said that they couldn't do an exchange on that basis, even though they are the same product from the same manufacturer. We pointed this out, and she left to "call her supervisor" again. This time she was gone for 12 minutes. She came back and said since her supervisor was now in a "good mood" she could move forward with the exchange, but there would be "a lot" of paperwork. This next phase took 15 minutes, where she stared at her computer screen and typed maybe 6 words during the whole process. Finally, she handed us a receipt without a word. Never in this whole process, which took almost two hours, did she offer an apology or thank you for our patience. But what happened next is why we will never visit a lowes store again. We walked through the checkout stands and were almost through the door when the alarm triggered and a automated voice told us to return to the check stand. I stopped, turned around, and saw a 20 something man running towards our family. He grabbed out cart and muttered something about "shoplifting" and began walking back to the check stand with our cart. Both of my children were so scared by the alarm and the aggressive nature of the cashier that they began to cry. I followed the cashier back to the checkout stand. There was a line there, and about a dozen people heard this cashier say to me "Now, did you forget to pay for this item?" I explained to him that this item was an exchange and gave him the receipt. He examined it closely and said her would have to "verify" the receipt with customer service. He opened his cell phone and turned his back to me. A few minutes passed and he turned back to me. He said customer service was busy and that I would have to wait a few minutes for them to call back. He asked that I stand to the side while he helped other customers. He checked out 5-6 customers. My kids were still shook up by his demeanor and the alarm, so I walked back up to him and asked him how much longer we would have to wait. He gave a very condescending look of exasperation and said he needed to checkout his customers and that i should be more patient. At this point, I had enough. I told him I was walking out the door and would never be back to any Lowes for any reason. He said "Fine, but don't be surprised if the police are knocking on your door later." I said - that would be great, because the police are more reasonable than anyone at lowes. As I walked out the door, the alarm went off again and again my kids began to cry. All of this over defective merchandise. A $29 umbrella stand. Never again.

Lowes Cashier Review

Norman store female cashier dressing with hoohie mama shorts husbands thinks discussing what lowes alows a dress code such as this

Lowes in Springfield, Massachusetts - Got cheaper fence than what I paid for

I ordered and paid from Lowes 7 panels of a Cedar stockade fence June 2 to be picked up by the guy who was going to be putting the Fence in. He went to pick up the fence and was there for over 2 hours while they tried to figure out what fence to give him ( he had the receipt with the fence # on it , too) He came to my house with a fence I didn't order. It looked nothing like the one I paid for. I liked it, so he put it up. I wasn't sure why I had gotten that particular style of stockade, but I trusted Lowes. I went by Lowes today to look at the fence I had installed to try to figure out what happened. I found out it was $6 a panel cheaper than the ones I originally paid for! Went back tonite - the style of the panels I ordered and paid for had been out of stock for awhile. Mmmm, the cashier who rang me up didn't know that? I want cedar ( original order) so that the fence would last linger and the cheaper ones that were installed were Cedar look- not Cedar! Btw, the original fence I paid for is still displayed outside as if they are still available. I still had my receipt and received a refund of $44. My point is that it clearly stated that I paid $50.97 originally on my receipt yet they substituted panels selling for $44.67 knowing I had paid more than that . Grrrrrrrr.. If I hadn't gone in and kept my receipt I would have overpaid $44 for a fence I thought was cedar but wasn't.mu
Loss

Lowes in American Fork, Utah - Purchased several hundreds of dollars worth of material

No one offered to help find material, then when we rolled up with 3 carts full of building material we were asked to move them to another cashier..once at the cashier another employee moved our carts out of the way so they could get a fork lift into the building, but didnt offer to help load it as the truck was sitting right out side the door. After the cashier was done he watched us load all the matierial into the truck and not offer to help, just leaned on the counter. Its not that we couldnt load it alone, but some of the items were heavy, and it would have been nice to offer. this is not the first time we have experiened this but it is the last time. We will no longer order or buy anything from Lowes and have let others know of the experiences we have had, encouraging them to go else where.

Did you even ASK FOR HELP TO LOAD IT? Seriously you expect others to ask to help you, but you're not willing to do the same.

Read very carefully you wanted these items it's your responsibility to load these items and unload them, not come online and complain because you did not get help loading them when you DIDN'T ASK FOR HELP. The best part is when your kind do get help and still complain because it wasn't done perfectly to your desire.

Most people who can get their product out of their vehicle when they can get home can load it in their vehicle as well. I expect that if they had loaded it for you you would be complaining they didn't follow you home, help you unload it and build your project as well.

You also seem to expect the cashier to come outside and load your product. If they did that you would be complaining there weren't any cashiers to check you out because they were all outside. You don't seem to understand how stores work.

You need to hire a contractor to do your home improvements. They will buy the product and get it to your home for you as part of their job.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Lowes in Springfield, Missouri - Written up for leaving work ON TIME?!

Today I was informed by a head cashier that I was written up the night before for, "not letting the ASM know I was leaving." I was unaware that myself and the ASM was married and I had to let him know when I leave every day. I was scheduled until 9:30 at night, and I expect to leave at that time. Funny thing is that I didn't actually leave "on time," I left at 9:45. I have been treated horribly there for over a year now and something is about to go down. There will be a scene that will make the whole company look bad.

I will not be filling an application nor shopping there for most anything i can get the lowest price on pretty much everything at menards and the best quality at homedepot and its either quality or price example wire its all the same in terms of standards or plumbing then we have stuff like the brackets to mount a 2x4 across your backdoor they are much thicker wider and accept much bigger screws at homedopt so when quailty matters go for the best double the price but not gonna go to lowes for a halfway to save 2 dollars not to mention they have issues with orders they screw it all up likely at the payment center leaving you with no option to debate once you sign the papers with all the apreviations that nobody can understand home depot you can compare part numbers and such no 22''lng 35 in dp-3/4 counter then they tell you ya that is 22 feet long and then they deleiver a sliver of a counter and charge you for 22 feet i have heard a few stories like that

Totally know what you mean. I wasted 6 years of my life at Lowes. One of the most messed companies I have ever worked for.

Go right ahead and embarrass yourself. More than likely you got written up because you left late, without authorization.

@anonymous

I left late because they lock the doors at night and I couldn't leave on time. And I actually won't be the one embarrassed. I will just let them know why nobody at the entire likes it there and how *** their operations there are.

you are an ***

#631950
@ha ha

haha, you're a *** and apparently haven't worked at Lowe's. Go choke on a ***. (directed toward Tampa, Florida person)^

@ha ha

You people must be ASM's since your laughing about this. Bunch of *** I quess.

@Anonymous

If the store was closing at 9 and you were scheduled until 9:30, then you need to bring it to the Head Cashier and/or ASM's attention and ask if you could leave early at 9 or stay until 10. Head Cashier has to go through the ASM anywayss for approval, but it is polite to ask to ensure that she doesn't need your help after close.

It is store policy that no one leaves alone, so I am betting that is why you did not get out at your scheduled 9:30 leave.

I have never heard of any of my cashiers being written up for leaving late, but it does not entirely surprise me. I would approach HR and your ASM about it and ask how they expect you to get off at 9:30 when the store closed at 9 and didn't let you out until 9:45 when I am assuming everyone else that worked the closing shift left as well.

@Prior CSA

I got two words for ya! LOWE`S BLOWES!!!!!

View more comments (8)
Tags
  • Renting

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Transaction showed not complete at store, but pending on my card

I went to Lowes to pick up some flooring for a project to work on this weekend. I checked my bank account on my phone right before going through the checkouts, just to make sure I had enough. When I checked out, the cashier said my card wasn't being read. So, she swiped it through a few times. Then, on one of the swipes it showed 'denied'. So, I pulled up my account again on my phone and it showed that amount less in my account. So, she called the manager over. She was a little rude to me and told me it's showing the transaction did not go through. And I explained to her that the amount was indeed taken out of my account because now I have that much less showing as available. She then went to a register so she could pull up the last few transactions on the register I was at. It didn't show my transaction. Yet, my account showed the money as taken out. She was a little short with me and said she couldn't do anything. So, I ended up paying for it with a different debit card. That was 3 days ago and the hold is still 'pending' on the account I first tried to use. I'm so angry. I am not only out the money I spent to actually purchase the products, but I'm also 'temporarily' out that exact amount on my other account because it's still pending. I may just stay with Home Depot.