Product: Lowes Cashier Clear all filters (78 of 78 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Pictuers taken by lowes employee

i work at lowes and was under the impression when ur working ur suppose to work.also that no pictures are to be taken of the inside of lowes for security sake .well not only are pictures posted on facebook of the whole store of management,unsuspecting employees but lets just not work just walk around and take pictures he doesn't have to work in returns or on register because he doesn't like it .depending on who is head cashier .but still the time to take all of these pictures these are not the lowes store2223 mech.pa.17050 his name is james taylor thanks
Lowes Cashier

Lowes in Lake Forest, Illinois - I will never shop at Lowe's again.

I have a lot of bad experiences at Lowe's in Gurnee, Illinois. First of all most of the employees at Lowe's in Gurnee doesn't have any clue about what they're doing. The first time I bought something from Lowe's is a 42 boxes of laminate wood. Employee's at Lowe's first of all set the date of pick up of the item on the wrong date. When I asked them to changed the date, it took them 20 minutes to change it. They have to make a lot of entry in their computer etc. and they blame on the customer when they do this mistakes like this. The customer service representatives would even make faces, raised their tone of voice in sarcasm as to the customer whose patronizing their store. Secondly, when I picked up the item, I have to leave 15 boxes in the store because it doesn't fit in my van. The cashier and the guys working there had witnessed that I left the 15 boxes that I will pick up in few minutes when I get back after I drop off the first set of boxes that I picked. Those guys and the cashier was so *** that they have to contact the manager and other employee to check for my receipt. I showed the receipt to be complinat with what they;re asking but they still doesn't want to relased the item. I have to wait for as long as 30 minutes for them to gave me an ok to load the itmes that I already bought and paid in full. Now buying online in Lowe's was again another story. Lowe's doesn't keep up to their words about delivery. I bought a granite sink which I'm still waiting for to be delivered. It has been almost 4 weeks now since I ordered and paid. Lowe's had postponed the delivery twice already. I got penalized for that because I have to cancel the service that will cut my granite countertop.

Placed two order online and choose store pick up. Each time they just called me after 1 hour said no one in stock and cancel my order!

Feel angry about it!

doesn't have any clue..HHMMMM From Lowes is a 42 boxes..HUH? Should be was 42 boxes...Ummmm Lowes doesn't set a date for pickup simply because the majority of people NEVER pickup items on the date they say they will therby causing a backup of items in a storage location..you should have called an hour before pickup so the items are pulled and ready.....When i asked them to changed the date..???

Changed?ok Entry should be entries....They probasbly raised their voices to get your attention to calm down or either aFTER THEY TOLD YOU FOR THE 4TH TIME you just didn't hear them the first 3 times and if they made faces maybe there was something stinking in the trash or either someone forgot to wear deodorant that day. They should have told you about the rental trucks you can rent for 19.95 and you could have put all of your order on it at one time...However I'm quite sure that wouldn't work for you either. "But they still doesn't want to relased the item"?

HMMMmmm As far as calling the employees ***...Jus don't know. :eek

The composite granite finally arrived at Lowe's in Gurnee. We picked it up this morning.

The sink came in good package, had styrofoam on all sides and a lot of big bubble cushion. When I opened it, I discovered what a piece of junk it is. The sink has a lot of cracks and one corner is broken. The thing is completely useless.

I went to Lowe's this evening to return the junk they're selling. I had so many bad experiences at this store.

Going to that store has brought me too many inconviniences. THIS IS MY LAST POSTING ABOUT THIS TOPIC BECAUSE I"M NOT GOING TO BUY ANYTHING FROM LOWES AGAIN.

@ JAH - It is a composite granite sink.

Never heard of a granite sink!!!!

@ Staff - Thank you for the concern. If you want, I can give you a more detailed information about those transactions that I made.

I will look for my receipts and I will post the transaction numbers. I would also like to let you know that my wife and I went to Lowe's to personally cancel the granite sink. The lady at the customer service/return section, made us wait for ~ 30 minutes while she work on her computer to cancel my order. Then she said that she cannot complete the cancellation because her computer froze and the store is already closing.

She took our address and phone number and told us that she will take care of the cancellation on the next business day. She assured me that my payment will be credited back to my account. I checked my account after 2 business days and I found out that my payment didn't go back to my account because the order wasn't cancelled at all. It has been 2 weeks now since I tried to cancel my order.

I decided to wait again and give Lowe's a final chance. The delivery date of the sink is on 9/17/09. I just hope that Lowe's will deliver it this time.

I apologized for the long posting. I'm just really frustrated about all this and upset about inconviences that it brought to me.

@ wow - I didn't proof read what I wrote in my complaint when I posted it. That's why there are a lot mistakes with my grammar.

The main thing about what I wrote is that I have bad experiences with Lowe's. That's what this posting is all about.

Tell me about it.

www.lowesceo.com

if you are going to post a complaint on-line for all to see, at least use proper english!

View more comments (8)
Lowes Cashier

Lowes in Columbus, Ohio - Miserable people!

My local Lowes store #2852 is a joke! They have the worst managers who seem to be in excrutiating pain when asked to do something and seem to be miserable! Either Lowe's should fire these people or pay them more to buck up! I'm not "pissed" because there is a funny cashier kid who always seems to help me out and crack a joke. Also today I saw a guy in there with a parrot on his shoulder! Isn't that against some health codes? Fire the managers and get some more respectable people in there who care about the customers and know how to smile!

Seriously Homos how old are you? We live in a world where your brother or mother or sister could be *** or *** I know many gays who work for Home depot and Lowes keep your racial comments in your +++++ head know one gives a poo !! YOU are the reason the world is so MESSED up GROW UP

#208325

qsk50 - Home Depot also employs homosexuals. Since statistics show 10-14% of Americans are homosexuals and therefore employed at every large American corporation; online shopping may be just the solution for you.

They are also employed at your local businesses including gas stations, grocery stores, clothing stores, hardwares, lumber companies, bars, locally owned restaurants and fast food restaurants. some of the *** members of our church are highly respected members of the community and rightfully so.

They are doctors, lawyers, managers, police officers, firemen and more importantly they are good spiritual people. One *** couple just celebrated their 46th anniversary and I have known them both since the day they were born - good Christian women.

I don't joke with anyone since we all don't have the same since of humor and some people may find your humor offensive so I just keep it all retail business. However they always smile and say.."tHE RESTROOMS RIGHT OVER THERE SIR". vERY HELPFUL

I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience. Not all of us are like that.

I try and make my customers smile and leave happy and joke with them and if there is a problem call someone right away to try and fix it. Maybe you could try a different store?

Try a Local Independant Hardware store. They are helpful, friendly, and courteous. You may pay a little more but you will get a quality product in a pleasant manner.

Tell him about it.

Contact information provided by:

:cry

QSK you are kidding right. homophobe.

Or are just a closet queen afraid of coming out of the closet. And as for Jas, you're just jealous, you want a big long bird on your should too.

:( I am waiting for lowes to open

so i can close my account with them.

I have had enough of there policy

of hiring gays,homos,and *** ect.

not only are they ignorant but the in your face attitude is not acceptable.

am going with H.Depot.

View more comments (7)

Lowes chasier mistake

Lowes cashier overcharged me on my receipt at checkout and could not refund my money had to see customer service and they would only give me a gift card for their mistake. Lowes should be aming to please their customer and be glad someone in this economic hard times is there in the store buying to begin with and not one of these stores who is going out of business. I f this keeps up they may be filing bankruptancy. I would like for this store to be there for the consumer instead of out to see how much money they can gain by these types of practices.

Why could they only give you a Merchandise Credit at CS?

There are only three reasons I know of:

1. You paid with a Gift Card or Merchandise Credit

2. You had no receipt.

3. (most likely) you paid with a check.

If it was 1 then so what who cares. You got back what you paid with.

If it was 2 then just go get your receipt.

If it was 3 and it was the same day, the cashier along with there supervisor(head cashier or higher) could have refunded the whole sale and re-invoiced the sale, on the same register. You would have had to write a new check, but that is because the wrong amount was written on the old one. This can only be done on the same day and requires a mangers approval(To keep the honest people honest). If the error was noticed after the day of the sale, you have to wait 15(sometimes 8) days before you can get cash back.

Contact information provided by:

View more comments (1)

Racial Profiling at lowes in Pottstown

After I paid for my items on line, the cashier went into my cart and took out my 2 yr old son's jacket shooked it infront of other clients and over checked my cart in a accusatory way. I complained to the manager she laughed. I sent a letter requesting reimbursement of my money for that month (I had items installed and I can't take them back and take my business elsewhere). I was the only black person on the line and they didn't check the white clients carts like she did me. There response: No no refund, she was wrong and counsil about it, yes I was the only black person, yes she didn't treat them the same as me BUT, I was the only one with a jacket laying on the cart......Oh it was my 2 yr old jacket- what could I hide a pencil???? Is this country ready for change?

I can see why you felt that you were profiled, and felt insulted. But you took it too far by "requesting that your money be reimbursed".

Learning how to spell might help you :roll

Look im black!blacker than evr. but i never get accused of stuuf. dis lady is trippin.

#342042

What could you hide in a 2 year olds jacket???? most of the items in hardware, tools, flooring items, pkg.

of curtains, plumbing pieces, need I go on...and please you seem like the kind of person who cries "race" no matter where you shop. The answer, don't shop there anymore. I worked for Lowes from the time the physical set up of the store was going on until a few years later and there were plenty of whites that I suspicious of.

Did it ever occur to you that security was watching you and you did something suspicious, or maybe the person that you said did all these things has a racial problem??? You can't blame the store for one person my friend.

Please stop being so politically correct.

Which "ethnic groups" commit the majority of the crimes in the US?

I hate to believe there's racial profiling in Pottstown, but I know there is ANYWHERE a particular ethic group has garnered a reputation for fraud. Anyone in retail in Pottstown has experienced dirty tricks that, as Retail4Life says, are "skewed toward" a particular ethnic group.

Don't blame Loew's.

Blame dishonest people, and, if you happen to know any, educate them to the harm they are causing you.

By the way, "what does "counsil about it" mean?

It happened with me at Fort Collins, CO store. After, paying at a different counter, I was stopped by an associate who checked my receipt and bag..Ridiculous behavior. You are right, retailer4life, they seem to profile

*** lowes! nothing but a bunch of racial *** ***! white or black or your ***!

I am so sorry that you were "profiled" in the store, but having worked in retail for various big-name stores over the past 30 years, there is, unfortunately, a reason certain ethnicities are profiled ( i.e. "watched closely") when they are in the store.

I truly wish it were not so, but, sadly, it is, as this was not the way I, nor anyone in my family was brought up. I wish I had a dollar for every time someomeone of a particular ethnic background tried to pull a "fast one" on myself or my associates either through blatant theft, bogus refunds, or attempting to get a refund on something we do not even sell. And of course, they get quite loud when they get "outed" at the service desk. And yes, before you get on your high horse, I have also caught my fair share of white folks doing the same thing , But over the 30 years, I, along with anyone who has been in retail for any length of time can attest to, the numbers are definitely skewed toward a certain group who do this type of thing.

So yes, certain folks will be scrutinzed more closely either overtly or covertly when they are in our store ( or your store) . Just the facts, ma'am, these are just the facts.

View more comments (8)

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Cashier was beyond rude

4-20-08 i made a purchase at lowes. the cashier did not bag instead left my roomate to do it. also he sat a rake i purchased behind him causing us to leave it behind. we had to return again to get it. i shop there often but this person made me think about not returning to shop there. i am a credit card holder with lowes. i have never before been treated so badly at your store. i hope never again or i will never shop there again. and will also advise my friends and family. ticket info 0340 terminal:62 4-20-08 13:20:48 sales #s0340jm1 1075188 store located at 5405 wadsworth bypass arvada co also on ticket invoice #62515
#19124

you are a WHINER....

I'd have thought you'd say something to the manager... is not bagging stuff (and what stuff?

would it even fit in a bag? how much was there?) 'beyond rude'?

you kinda... strike me as a super whiner.

Ummm.. This is not Lowes website, this is a 3rd party site for people to *** to others about their unhappiness with companies.

Also, so you've been nothing but happy with your expiences (you say yourself you shop there often) with Lowes except for this one time and now you're ready to not shop there ever again because a cashier did not bag your products and you forgot a rake? Wow, I bet you're hard on your kids.

View more comments (2)
Review
#120680 Review #120680 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - Lack of Cashiers at Lowe's

At 10:30 AM at Lowe's Winter Haven Store, there were no customer cashiers on duty except one in customer service. There were self-service cashier not operating propertly. Upon speaking to the store manager Steve McPherson, he was not concerned, imoplite and said to use the cust. svc. cashier, who was very busy and distraught. Very poor customer relations at this store. This is not the first complaint I've had with Lowe's in the Winter Haven, Fla Store. P. Stringfellow, 863-294-3673. Call me anytime to hear it personally. Paul Stringfellow, 1-863-294-3673

Try Menards

I've had the same problem with Lowe's and Home Depot.

But you know what..

I got over it.

Try it sometime pal!

Whey would you shop at a store you had so many problem with??? Move on try Home Depot..

View more comments (2)

Lowes - Customer Service

We are remodling our house, my granddaughter took me to Lowes to pick up some supplies for our contractor. I had fallen the night before and injured my back, I could barely walk. We were at the Lowes in Ardmore, Oklahoma. First of all we could never find an associate to help us and we had problems finding anyone to page an associate. We started in the tile section, I need to purchase ceramic tile and we couldn't find anyone to help us. I walked, very slowly I might add, to the front and up and down the front portion of that section trying to see someone down one of the isles. I finally found a man in plumbing and he paged the associate for tile. She was rude and acted as if we had really put her out and treated us like we were totally ***. We then went to get wood trim and we couldn't find what we needed. Again, no associates anywhere in site. I walked from the back of the store to the front to the register and explained to the girl I was in a lot of pain and we needed some assistance in the wood trim and would she please someone to help us. I went back to the trim section and no one ever came, she didn't do a page either. Finally a gentleman shopper came by and helped us. We had to buy glue for hard wood flooring, they told my granddaughter, at this point I couldn't do anymore unnecessary walking, we didn't need glue but they did point her to the section where the glue was located. She found someone in that department who told her "the glue is right there, you can get what you need", no help offered, well, we got the wrong glue!!!!!!!! When we got to the register there was only one person in font of us and it was taking forever, I asked the second person standing in the cashier cage if it would be faster if I just walked to the front and got checked out, we were in the lumber section with only one cashier working. She said no they were just waiting for an override. Again it took a long time and I started to turn the cart around and leave and she told me the woman had to go get more money and she should be gone too long, no apology. I told her how rude everyone had been and my granddaughter told her they wouldn't need to worry about her business, she would pay more money somewhere else rather than be treated as we had been treated. Finally we were checked out, we had heavy ceramic tile, 7 foot long trim and other items that were heavy. I said is there any chance I could get someone to, at tht time the cashier came out of her cage to go on break or something and the three men working in the area just disapppeared. I said very loud, well never mind I haven't had any help from anyone in this store yet! My granddaughter loaded the merchandise and we left. Had we no had to have the material right then we would have waited until Monday and gone to a local lumber yard but out lumber yards in this area close at noon on Sat and are not open on Sunday. I worked at Lowes in Lewisville Texas and more than once I apologized to a customer for someone else or for not having what they wanted. An apology from an associate can go a long ways but I would never reccomend the Lowes in Ardmore Oklahoma