Product: Lowes Cashier Rating: 1 Star Clear all filters (9 of 78 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Product:
Rating:
I am an avid shopper at Lowe’s on Lowe’s dr for all my home improvement needs as well as projects I do from time to time. Also I realize sometimes employees may panic in an emergency and act irrational, however this is my most recent experience and I hope it is...

actually the employee WAS following the procedures. They are instructed to not let anyone leave the store if there is a clear danger to them if they leave the store.

If the storm was bad enough that the electricity was off then it was bad enough that it was dangerous to be outside ate the particular time. High winds, downed power lines, TORNADOES. Stop being an a55 and think about it.

If they let you walk outside and you catch a power line to the face and get killed than your family would sue the living *** out of them. They are protecting YOU and themselves.

View more comments
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Stony Brook, New York - Head Cashier extremely rude to me and her own employees

Samantha, the head cashier at the store located at 2150 Nesconset Hwy, Stony Brook, NY 11790 is a rude and unprofessional person, and I'm not sure why she hasn't been fired. I asked for help with one of my items and not only she was rude and nasty to me, but she was rude to the other store employees as well. I thought Lowe's was a better store than Home Depo. What do I not understand is why nasty people like this get assigned to be managers or to be in charge of the store? Is being an Assh*le part of a job requirement for these types of jobs? Don't corporations know that this type of behavior hurts their button line because employees like these scare customers away, and also scare the nice employees away? Every other week that I go to this store there are new people, but Samantha is always there. I wonder why is that. When is mobbing (bullying in the workplace) going to be taken seriously? It is not the first time I deal with Samantha, last time my husband and I was purchasing a lamp, and we saw her being rude to another customer, and that is when I finally asked for her name. Lowe's please train people about manners and fire this crazy woman ASAP! I would not shop at this store until she is gone.
Lowes Cashier
Pros
  • Location
Cons
  • Samantha the head cashier extremely rude
  • Samantha is rude to customers and coworkers
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
I want Samantha head cashier removed from that job. She is rude to customers all the time and to her own co-workers

Lowes in Sherman, Texas - I feel like I was lied to and wasted my time

I was shopping in the Lowe's in Durant Oklahoma looking for tin for my barn when I got back ther they'd sold out of 10 ' tin there was a price of $6.48 a sheet normally $14.48 a sheet I asked the young man working there if they had any more and he said no I said would you look up Sherman to see if they have any and he did on his computer and he said they had 340 sheets I said would they match that price he says they should there are Lowe's . I got back in the truck and I drove all the way to Sherman Texas to buy 24 sheets of tin . Got there and got the talking to a kid named Mike and Mike said that he check it out to see if they can match the price I told Mike I wanted 24 sheets he said okay he later tells me yes they would match the price they had given that price to someone earlier that day and helps me load my tin . When we get to the register registered to Mike tells the man working there about what's going on and so the guy at the register called the manager and they talk to minute or two and then the man at the register hands me the phone the manager says they would not honor that price well that thoroughly *** me off I drove all that distance and everyone had to Sheard me that that price would be there . I guess what bothers me most is that you do it for someone else but you won't do it for me am I the wrong color ? Today's date 10-15-17 my name is Leroy Hall 1772 South Lone Oak Lane Durant Oklahoma 74701

I'm guessing your color is white, like a snowflake?

Huh?

View more comments (1)
Order processing issue

Lowes in Republic, Missouri - Horrible customer service

Just wanted to share my experience with the Lowe's in republic MO... I had bought a new washer, dryer and dishwasher.. My total close to 2000.. Well get the washer home and it's broke the computer screen is bashed in.. Called the Lowe's in republic ,the manager Josh said to bring it back. He would exchange it. I told him I was busy unloaded the other merchandise I would send my 16 year old, explained he would need help loading and unloading .he told me that wouldn't be an issue.. So my son heads up their with the broken washer. The cashier refunds the money then rings it up again.. He hands her the money they just gave him.. She says your 200 $ short. He stated that's the money u handed me.. She called a manager over who yells at my 2 sons ages 13 &16.. Tells them they are thiefs and liars and won't be leaving the store till they hand over the money they stole... My son repeatedly tells her that's all she gave me.. They call a different manager up (Josh) .. He called my sons a liar and thief.. The first manager says u can't leave we are gonna watch the tapes and prove u took it.they were detained almost 2 hours. My son stated go ahead u will see the girl still has it.... Sure enough they find the missing money in the cash register ..not one person said I'm sorry... Not one person helped my sons load the washer like asked... I have called corporate can't even get a return call.. The store manager did say sorry it happened this will help with training the employees more... Are u kidding me. Great customer skills..
Poor customer service

Lowes - PAIN IN THE *** AS USUAL!!

As usual a nightmare!! Nearly every interaction with Lowe’s turns into a pain in the ***. It really sucks that we are forced to use them as they are the only large hardware store in town. Home Depot is more than 30 minutes away-the drive is feeling shorter every time I visit Lowe’s. As I have renovated my father’s home over the last several months I have spent thousands at Lowe’s on roofing, composite decking, plumbing, wiring, appliances, etc. Today I went in to pick up some insulation and a miter box table. When I got up to the cash register to pay the bloodshot, glazed over, half open, “Stoned” look of my cashier Chad at the ProDesk checkout should have told me there would be problems yet again. Dad ran his card to pay but when he went to sign the stylus would not work. Chad stood there for nearly two minutes with a blank look on his face before saying “Oh that was just fixed try your finger”. Nope that did not work either. Now thoroughly confused our Stoned out buddy Chad was really stymied. Again standing around for several minutes completely unaware of what to do the cashier directly across from him evidently saw the look of Chad’s last brain cell burning out and came over to try and help him. He suggested Chad call the ‘Head Cashier’ as and my aged father growing increasingly frustrated about technology he was ready to just walk away but we couldn’t as the transaction could not even be closed out. Finally after several more minutes Adele sauntered up and her first words were “Not again” then proceeded to give my father a hard time for not understanding why the transaction could not simply be cancelled and we could leave. Adele said we had to wait for the transaction to ‘Time out’ so several more minutes passed as we waited. Dad’s leg, in a brace, was starting to get very sore and he was getting very wobbly. My dad was unable to sign so the transaction should never have gone through but sure enough it did so after timing out we wasted more time for Adele to process a refund. I HATE THIS LOWE’S location. The employees have proven over and over they are ill trained, uninformed about the products they sell, and often even where they are located in the store. I will be praying a real home improvement store comes to Port Orchard.

If it's to the signing screen the transaction has already gone through. God himself couldn't cancel it.

Yes sometimes equipment malfunctions but that isn't the fault of the cashier no matter how stoned.

I'm sorry you had a hard time waiting out the literal 90 second time out before the physical signing option. If you think that's crazy good luck in the real world.

How are you coming out ahead by getting a refund because of an equipment malfunction? Sound like you will have to drive 1/2 hour to Home Depot and 1/2 hour back. Hope the extra hour of driving makes up for the short delay you had at Lowes.

If I may?

I looked, there are several locally owned stores that sell many home improvement materials within 5 - 10 minutes of the Lowe's. Perhaps giving a local merchant a chance, rather than a big box with problems?

offconsumerpissed

You certainly seem to put the "jack" in "jacka-s-s."

jackrobertsjr
@offconsumerpissed

I can only assume you are either a Lowe's employee or a ***-possibly both. Your comment is so intelligent lol.

offconsumerpissed
@jackrobertsjr

Simply pointing out how asinine it is for someone to repeatedly do the same thing and expect a different result. You even included the ole "old" and "disabled" catchphrases, which show you are nothing more than a dolt trying to get people to feel sorry for you.

I can only imagine that your father is embarrassed that you are named after him. Every time he hears you talk, I imagine he wishes he would have pulled out.

jackrobertsjr
@offconsumerpissed

It amuses me the no life trolls with nothing meaningful to offer. I'll assume you simply cannot read or are a *****.

If you did you would see they largely have a monopoly but yes thanks for trolling and your asinine attempt at wisdom. I'll offer a tip as well get a life lol.

View more comments (6)

Lowes - Cashier Review from Doylestown, Pennsylvania

My husband and I have been to your store in gun barrel city at least 6 times in a month trying to buy an outside light and 2 phone calls and we have been given run around about ordering so tonight my husband went back in to see if it was in stock...there was 1 so he went to purchase it with our debit card and your cashier wouldnt accept it because it did not have his name on it but he is a signer on our account and we have same last name and same address so i had to go back after working 14 hrs today when we got back your store was closed.This store has the rudest and the most unhelpful employees I have ever come across I would appreciate a call back from your company I believe we have been patient through all this...this also has not been first time we ve had issues with this store its every time we go in there
Order processing issue

Lowes in Severn, Maryland - This place needs to be shut down

I purchased some tools from this unprofessional *** hole and upon giving the cashier my receipt and the tools I was returning he procceded to place one of my tools behind him and removed the other 2 tools from my receipt. I bought this to his attention and he told me that was not my tool. The exact tool behind him, that I saw him place behind him and is listed on my receipt is not mine. I asked for a manager and was told there were none available???? This man just stole my tools and no one would do anything about this thief. I could not believe what he had done. He got the tool and I still have to pay for an item that I was returning??? NEVER AGAIN
Lowes Cashier
Cons
  • Cashier was a thief
Reason of review
they stole my tool and left me to still pay for it even though I was returning it
Full refund

Lowes - Cashier Review from Fort Myers, Florida

I walked into the garden center @ Lowe's this a.m. June 7,2015 and it was like walking into a morgue...What an unfriendly bunch... From the cashier, to the people stocking plants,the workers have little or no knowledge whatsoever of items being sold,as to ground covering,seasonal planting, what plants are better to purchase to grow and thrive here in Florida,i.e. sun or shade...In addition to being clueless--no smiles,no hello, no may I help you..It was like a customer is a bother.... Just think,Lowe's how many items in your garden center could be purchased if only the workers had the knowledge of a garden center or plant nursery...Plus, how far a smile or greeting goes with customers....How being helpful is a great asset--not a liability... Will not shop in that garden center,again..... Maureen Hice,Ft. Myers,FL 33905
Poor customer service

Lowes in Chestermere, Alberta - About workers who don't know thier job!

Looking for a plant that was in your flyer on Saturday. Couldn't find it. Asked if anyone worked in the Garden Dept....finally a young girl came and yawned and told me she couldn't help as she didn't have a flyer! I went into the store and a supervisor came. Meanwhile this same girl who couldn't help me sneezed and the supervisor "Blessed you Sue"! He couldn't help me either! Had his phone and have no idea what he was doing on it.. I Found the Plant my self as 2 employees didn't have a clue what they were looking for. I Showed them where they were! Got to the cashier and she knew I was upset... and proceeded to ask me if I was having a bad day! Store3059 Teminal 14 05/09/15 13:23:13. To buy 2 plants took me 3/4 of an hour because your staff does not know their job. Excuse from the Supervisor was " Just started this dept and new people!!! I was so angry that I didn't get his name as I thought ..... you got supervisor...don't know how! I don't think I will ever go back and shop at Lowe's as your people don't care about customers. I tried to enter your survey but you want information and I typed it in and wouldn't except my so I came to this part of your complaint on line.
Pleo

>"I was so angry..."

Dang, this kind of thing makes you angry? Dealing with under-trained staff at a big-box, home-improvement store?

Next time, if you can't take the appropriate time to look for the sales stock yourself without asking multiple employees about it first, turn around and walk out the door. Save your sanity. Stop taking your temper tantrums out on other people.

The staff at this particular Lowe's may be under-trained but they'll get better at their jobs as they continue learning.

You, on the other hand, will continue reacting like a child when you don't get your own way. You should be ashamed of yourself.

@Pleo

are you serious? I have gone to many lowes stores and have dealt with alot of employees who dont have knowledge or seem to busy playing around, chewing gum like a cow or they are just dumb.

Sorry but if I did this at my job I would be fired. Maybe they need to hire people who care about their jobs because of employees like this I will not shop at Lowes anymore. I guess I will be shoping at Home Depot.

I think maybe you have never had issues at these stores. So maybe you shouldnt knock someone down who has had issues!

Pleo
@Anonymous

>"Maybe they need to hire people who care about their jobs"

Are YOU serious? These are entry-level positions routinely offered to people with absolutely no experience in the industry, and they are offered minimum wage for it.

You expect caring? Go to your local plant nursery where you'll be greeted with a more knowledgeable and helpful staff. Thing is, though, you'll pay more. That's the trade-off.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying what is. We've allowed Big Business to take over and crummy service and indifference is our reward.

And yes, I have received bad service in the past. Know what I do?

I let my pocketbook do the talking and I leave without spending a dime.

I certainly don't react in a way that causes the cashiers to ask if I'm having a bad day. Sheesh.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Cashier
Cons
  • Lack of training employees
  • Employees attitude

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111