Product: Lowes Cashier Clear all filters (78 of 78 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Chico, California - Cashier

4.7
In general, I love Lowes. Always seems to be a friendly staff person available to help you find stuff. That's great, and that's why I keep coming back. But it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch. At a check out aisle, I only had two small PVC adapters I wanted to buy (value -- a couple of dollars). Apparently, that little purchase raised her suspicions. She asked me, "Only those two items"? The question made me feel like she didn't trust me and thought I might be trying to steal something (hidden in my pocket or somewhere or there might be something else wrong with my purchase). Who knows? But the question put me on the defensive. Here I am trying to support their business, and the cashier disrespects me. That's why I frequently consider shopping at Amazon since they don't want to ding shoppers with micro-aggressive questions that make them feel like a thief or otherwise devalued. Lowes, please train/retrain cashiers to show as much respect for customers who spend two dollars and much as customers who pay two thousand dollars (let store security handle shoplifters). A lousy cashier can ruin an entire shopping experience. So, stop asking that type of question. It's offensive. Lowes tries hard to serve the community’s home improvement needs. So, I’m confident they’ll do something about an occasional bad apple.

Lol, micro-aggressive questions. Pull the stick out if your *** my friend. You think way to much of your self

“micro-aggressive questions” That’s a new one. Where did you get that term from, your shrink?

Relax and take your medication.

I’m sure it was an innocent question. Quit being so micro-sensitive.

Your an idiot. Please, this must be a joke. No one can be this dumb.

OMFG, are you kidding me? She asked you “only those two items” probably to try to engage you in conversation about your project/task.

Why is theft automatically where your mind goes?

Sounds to me like you have a guilty conscience. I also bet you’ve never worked w the general public.

@WOW

I don't want to be engaged in any casual conversation when I interact with a cashier. A pleasant smile from him/her would more than suffice.

Oh, yes, if anyone has a guilty conscience, it would be the cashier. Most folks who work the cash register are fine, but some of them may have to deal with their unconscious biases, and this is something Lowe's needs to monitor or they can forget about my comment and I'll just shop elsewhere. No problem!

G.B. America that we have so many choices!

@Anonymous

"lways seems to be a friendly staff person "Then you negate your first comment about friendly people. DB's such as yourself are the reason we have cashiers and such that don't want to be friendly not knowing what kind of @#$# a *** like you is on that day.Stay home next time loser.

@Anonymous

"Always seems to be a friendly staff person available to help you find stuff" is a true statement. I never said there always seems to be a friendly cashier available at the register.

No "negation" here.Sadly, you are giving a reason why you are unfriendly instead of apologizing for being that way.

Customers pick up on that unfriendly attitude and avoid shopping at certain stores or avoid certain cashier lanes. The tone of your comments says it all!

View more comments (6)
Lowes Cashier
Pros
  • Salesman
Cons
  • Cashier

Lowes - Cashier Problems

I have just stood in LOWES for almost 30 minutes .....there were 4 employees there to wait on 2 people when I got there 3pf the 4 walked off leaving one cashier who was unable to process my payment I had to ask for the head cashier to come from another part of the store to process my payment while numerous people were waiting just as I did NOT A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE AT ALL

Lowes in Sherman, Texas - I feel like I was lied to and wasted my time

I was shopping in the Lowe's in Durant Oklahoma looking for tin for my barn when I got back ther they'd sold out of 10 ' tin there was a price of $6.48 a sheet normally $14.48 a sheet I asked the young man working there if they had any more and he said no I said would you look up Sherman to see if they have any and he did on his computer and he said they had 340 sheets I said would they match that price he says they should there are Lowe's . I got back in the truck and I drove all the way to Sherman Texas to buy 24 sheets of tin . Got there and got the talking to a kid named Mike and Mike said that he check it out to see if they can match the price I told Mike I wanted 24 sheets he said okay he later tells me yes they would match the price they had given that price to someone earlier that day and helps me load my tin . When we get to the register registered to Mike tells the man working there about what's going on and so the guy at the register called the manager and they talk to minute or two and then the man at the register hands me the phone the manager says they would not honor that price well that thoroughly *** me off I drove all that distance and everyone had to Sheard me that that price would be there . I guess what bothers me most is that you do it for someone else but you won't do it for me am I the wrong color ? Today's date 10-15-17 my name is Leroy Hall 1772 South Lone Oak Lane Durant Oklahoma 74701

I'm guessing your color is white, like a snowflake?

Huh?

View more comments (1)
Order processing issue

Lowes in Republic, Missouri - Horrible customer service

Just wanted to share my experience with the Lowe's in republic MO... I had bought a new washer, dryer and dishwasher.. My total close to 2000.. Well get the washer home and it's broke the computer screen is bashed in.. Called the Lowe's in republic ,the manager Josh said to bring it back. He would exchange it. I told him I was busy unloaded the other merchandise I would send my 16 year old, explained he would need help loading and unloading .he told me that wouldn't be an issue.. So my son heads up their with the broken washer. The cashier refunds the money then rings it up again.. He hands her the money they just gave him.. She says your 200 $ short. He stated that's the money u handed me.. She called a manager over who yells at my 2 sons ages 13 &16.. Tells them they are thiefs and liars and won't be leaving the store till they hand over the money they stole... My son repeatedly tells her that's all she gave me.. They call a different manager up (Josh) .. He called my sons a liar and thief.. The first manager says u can't leave we are gonna watch the tapes and prove u took it.they were detained almost 2 hours. My son stated go ahead u will see the girl still has it.... Sure enough they find the missing money in the cash register ..not one person said I'm sorry... Not one person helped my sons load the washer like asked... I have called corporate can't even get a return call.. The store manager did say sorry it happened this will help with training the employees more... Are u kidding me. Great customer skills..

Lowes - Less than competent cashiers

2.2
I give you this detail in the hopes that someone in upper management will read this and correct the problem. Here we go, on Saturday, August 12 I've visited Lowe's on Inwood Road in Dallas Texas. I needed a few specialty bolts and took them up to the cashier. The barcode was worn off the packages and she had no idea what to do. I must've held the line up for at least five minutes. She then asked me to go back and see if there was another package with a good barcode. When I returned to this cashier and let her know there were no more packages, she told me that there was nothing that she could do about this item on the purchase. Needless to say, by this point I decided to go somewhere else. In the process of going to their competitor (HD)I thought that someone in management at that Lowe's store should know. When I called, the operator did not want to transfer me to the store manager and put me on the line with a service desk person named Mixx. I found him to be very rude, and spoke with a very strong accent of which you could hardly understand on the phone. I will not be going back to this store and will advise all my contractor friends to avoid this location as well

I've learned a few things about shopping since stores stopped placing price tags on merchandise. The most important is that if it doesn't have a barcode the cashier can't scan it.

If I pick up a product without a barcode I look for another one that has the barcode. If it doesn't I find someone on the sales floor to get a barcode for the product. I've learned that the cashiers can't leave the register to go find one. They will have to contact someone who will often have to come to the register and go back to the floor to get a code.

It's much quicker to get someone on the floor to get the code BEFORE you go to the register than taking a product without a barcode to the register. This is true of any store you go to, not just Lowes.

Yes, in an ideal world everything would have a tag, and usually does, but stickers can fall off or be pulled off and end up missing. Shop where ever it's convenient for you but realize the same thing can happen there as well and then you'll have to find somewhere else to shop.

No, it's not the customer's responsibility to have products properly marked, but it is their responsibility to accept that they have no right to get upset when it takes the cashier time to ring up the merchandise. It's THEIR fault when they step up to the register and say "It said this is 5.98." No amount of training is going to allow cashiers to memorize item numbers for hundreds of thousands of products.

This is a perfect example of how incompetent and condescending the box stores have become. It is NOT and never will be the responsibility of a customer to have products properly marked and ready for sale.

And it is NOT the customers fault that the employee, whether it be a cashier or anyone else, doesn't know where to find the proper price/bar code. That is *** poor training.

incompetence , or just plain laziness on the part of ever employee involved. This is the kind of thing that makes my skin crawl, knowing that thousands of locally owned businesses have gone bankrupt because of stores like Lowe's.

@Anonymous

Wow you must think cashiers are superheroes who can just magic a barcode into the system out of nowhere. I agree with the earlier part about it being the company's job to have things ready for sale. But the cashier's can't magic their way into knowing what the item's barcode is.

So it's the cashiers fault the barcode was worn off the package? When you went back to look for more packages, you could have looked at the bin label in the drawer and gotten the item number.

I see *** everyday break the package open to check the thread size and then they take a package that is not opened. But it's the cashiers fault.

@Lowes Hardware

It's NOT the customers job! It's Lowe's responsibility to have bar codes on products AND know what the prices are!

@Anonymous

You argument doesn't make it the cashiers fault...You are arguing just to argue.

You *** always manage to know when the price is 2 cents higher than the sticker on the shelf, but you can't figure out that the same sticker also had the item number for the item you're purchasing.

So does this mean that Lowes cashiers are incompetent or just this this particular cashier is incompetent because going by the heading of your complaint, Lowes has incompetent cashiers.

So exactly what would you have done if you were the cashier?

View more comments (9)

Lowes - Cashier Review

Repeated times they don't know how to use card readers, unknowledgeable, and are more worried about selling you the wrong product to move you threw the line than making sure that it is what you asked for.

Let me guess. You had a credit card with a chip and insisted you don't have a pin despite the fact that chip and pin is the new standard.

You do have a a pin, but you chose to ignore the documentation when your new card arrived in the mail.

Cashiers are not salespeople. If you're not sure what you're purchasing, why are you in line?

@Don

AMEN

View more comments (1)

Lowes - Bad Management

2.1
Highland, CA Store - Just terminated my employment with Lowe's last Saturday. Stuck in Outside Lawn and Garden on a sunny California Saturday with no help, because of sick calls. Called overhead for assistance twice - 15 people in line and rude management when they approached me. This has happened twice in front of customers and fellow employees. Asked head cashier for assistance with customer who wanted to make credit card payment (I hadn't performed this task yet). Was told in front of customers and other employees that I should know how to do this - "This is cashiering 101." Had to call 6 times for cash register change with no response from head cashiers. Hired part time (my choice) but put on full time due to "summer hours and vacations." Shouldn't you ask me first Lowe's? Customer asked to order Hass Avocado tree. Primary lawn and garden expert was out and I was told by head cashier to tell the customer to come back on Monday when she returned (4 days later). Are you serious Lowe's? Because a person is on vacation the whole operation stops? Customer was upset and said he would go to Home Depot. Assistant manager's roaming or parked in offices. Head cashier sitting in break room. When called will say "it will be awhile before I can get there." Dodging until customers get tired of waiting and leave. Shop lifter came thru lawn and garden - I was there by myself with long line. Got a call from Loss Prevention that I should have been more attentive. When I tried to respond they hung up on me. Overheard several complaints from other employees about how bad the management is there.

Lowes - Obstructive non customer service oriented cashier

A small simple purchase of just a few gardening items became an unpleasant experience leaving me feeling emotionally drained when I finally checked out and left the store. Too bad because my local Lowe's has such a beautiful uplifting peaceful garden department and always lovely helpful staff with great vibes. I love going there. But this time I was unfortunate to be on the receiving end of a cashiers negativity. I didn't go shopping to be subjected to a BS obstructive attitude in the check out process. The basic issue was over a plant on the discounted plant rack stand. This is very popuar at my local Lowes because it gives gardeners an opportunity to purchase damaged plants at a reduced price and rejuvenate them, The two of the same variety I picked out didn't have individual price tags on them. Not every single plant did but it was obvious they came from the rescue plant rack because there were about a dozen of the same plant and some with a tag reading marked down to $2.24. Another clue that the plants were indeed from the rescue rack was their condition, some brown leaves and leaf and bloom drooping. The cashier refused to honor the discount price. Okay fine, I get that. Perhaps she is not allowed to if they are not individually marked. But what I don't get is that as far as she was concerned that was that, she planned to charge full price or I guess just not sell them to me. I say that because she made absolutely zero effort to resolve the problem. It felt very much as though she just couldn't be bothered or was having a bad day and intentionally chose to be obstructive to my ability to purchase those rescue plants at all. I've never experienced a cashier in any store not showing initiative and customer care to get a price check when needed. eg. call a manager or something. I also feel she was obstructive to Lowes as well because surely Lowes wants gardeners to purchase those wilted plants asap - win/win for all. First I offered to show the cashier the plants on the rescue rack so that she could verify the price herself - not interested. Next I tried going back too the rescue rack and brought another one of the same plant showing a tag for her to see - no response. Finally I went inside the store to the service desk and stood in line, explained what the price was and that staff member efficiently resolved the issue and marked the price on the plants. I then went back to the garden center to check out. The cashier seemed again very put out to have to sell these rescue plants to a customer and shrugged her shoulders. No apology for me having to go and find help myself to straighten it out and use up a lot more of my time than necessary rather than her offering to get a price check and an efficient resolution herself. It was the most bizarre experience. No shopper wants to be on the brunt of a worker's negativity . The attitude and my time wasted was all so unnecessary. I know from now on when I buy plants at Lowes as I frequently do I will NOT again subject myself to that cashier's check out line. I will pay inside instead if she is on duty. Put it this way, we all of us have stress in life - please don't take it out on the customer. Kind service goes a long way and represents your employer well.

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape. Most of the Lowe's associates I've ever encountered are disengaged.

Lowes Cashier
Pros
  • Garden center

Lowes - Cashier Review

2.5
Cashier tried to get my husband to date her and fix her car. She asked for his contractor biz card and started texting him After I got her with a return text and Facebook she got quiet How many 43 year old Vietnamese cashiers do this or do they just have a me love you long time on isle 19 I believe she exteded her 10 % discount as well A lot of people will no longer shop there inless They are ugly wired and single The rest of my 100 words are foul

Liar

nice

Is this real?

View more comments (2)
Poor customer service

Lowes - PAIN IN THE *** AS USUAL!!

As usual a nightmare!! Nearly every interaction with Lowe’s turns into a pain in the ***. It really sucks that we are forced to use them as they are the only large hardware store in town. Home Depot is more than 30 minutes away-the drive is feeling shorter every time I visit Lowe’s. As I have renovated my father’s home over the last several months I have spent thousands at Lowe’s on roofing, composite decking, plumbing, wiring, appliances, etc. Today I went in to pick up some insulation and a miter box table. When I got up to the cash register to pay the bloodshot, glazed over, half open, “Stoned” look of my cashier Chad at the ProDesk checkout should have told me there would be problems yet again. Dad ran his card to pay but when he went to sign the stylus would not work. Chad stood there for nearly two minutes with a blank look on his face before saying “Oh that was just fixed try your finger”. Nope that did not work either. Now thoroughly confused our Stoned out buddy Chad was really stymied. Again standing around for several minutes completely unaware of what to do the cashier directly across from him evidently saw the look of Chad’s last brain cell burning out and came over to try and help him. He suggested Chad call the ‘Head Cashier’ as and my aged father growing increasingly frustrated about technology he was ready to just walk away but we couldn’t as the transaction could not even be closed out. Finally after several more minutes Adele sauntered up and her first words were “Not again” then proceeded to give my father a hard time for not understanding why the transaction could not simply be cancelled and we could leave. Adele said we had to wait for the transaction to ‘Time out’ so several more minutes passed as we waited. Dad’s leg, in a brace, was starting to get very sore and he was getting very wobbly. My dad was unable to sign so the transaction should never have gone through but sure enough it did so after timing out we wasted more time for Adele to process a refund. I HATE THIS LOWE’S location. The employees have proven over and over they are ill trained, uninformed about the products they sell, and often even where they are located in the store. I will be praying a real home improvement store comes to Port Orchard.

If it's to the signing screen the transaction has already gone through. God himself couldn't cancel it.

Yes sometimes equipment malfunctions but that isn't the fault of the cashier no matter how stoned.

I'm sorry you had a hard time waiting out the literal 90 second time out before the physical signing option. If you think that's crazy good luck in the real world.

How are you coming out ahead by getting a refund because of an equipment malfunction? Sound like you will have to drive 1/2 hour to Home Depot and 1/2 hour back. Hope the extra hour of driving makes up for the short delay you had at Lowes.

If I may?

I looked, there are several locally owned stores that sell many home improvement materials within 5 - 10 minutes of the Lowe's. Perhaps giving a local merchant a chance, rather than a big box with problems?

offconsumerpissed

You certainly seem to put the "jack" in "jacka-s-s."

jackrobertsjr
@offconsumerpissed

I can only assume you are either a Lowe's employee or a ***-possibly both. Your comment is so intelligent lol.

offconsumerpissed
@jackrobertsjr

Simply pointing out how asinine it is for someone to repeatedly do the same thing and expect a different result. You even included the ole "old" and "disabled" catchphrases, which show you are nothing more than a dolt trying to get people to feel sorry for you.

I can only imagine that your father is embarrassed that you are named after him. Every time he hears you talk, I imagine he wishes he would have pulled out.

jackrobertsjr
@offconsumerpissed

It amuses me the no life trolls with nothing meaningful to offer. I'll assume you simply cannot read or are a *****.

If you did you would see they largely have a monopoly but yes thanks for trolling and your asinine attempt at wisdom. I'll offer a tip as well get a life lol.

View more comments (6)