Lowes Cashier Review from Tampa, Florida

226 of 2595 Lowes reviews

I made a purchase at Lowes on Commerce Palms Drive, Tampa, Florida 5/20/16.I purchased a stacking rocking chair from the back of the gardening section.

It was dirty but was the cleanest of the others. I brought it to the cashier, and she said its a lovely chair but its filthy. I told her all of the chairs back there was in that condition. She gave my daughter windex and a paper towel and told her to get started cleaning while I was getting the money for her.

I gave her $43 and joined in helping my daughter clean the chair. The cashier said I will put the change here on your phone for you ($0.22), I took my receipt and change from her and put it into my purse. I pulled the cart to the front of the cashier to not block the other customers behind me. After about 5 minutes i was finished cleaning the chair and gave the cashier back her garbage can, windex, and paper towel.

I said thank you and proceeded to walk out of the door with my purchase when the same cashier abandons her customers and asks me did you pay for that? I dont think you paid for it. I said yes I did. She asked for my receipt, after looking at my receipt she says no this is not it, embarassing me in front of the other customers.

Meanwhile I've got all of her customers eyeballing me as if I stole a big chair from the store. Then she says oh yes it is, ok you did pay for it. Then tells the other customers its a lovely chair but it was so filthy while I walked away. I was so upset I regret I didn't return it and buy the chair at walmart instead.

I should have been offered a discount for the dirty chair I paid full price for, or at least the cashier could have gotten someone to come and clean it for us.Instead, I cleaned it myself with my daughter and was still racially profiled and accused of not paying for it by the cashier who I just paid.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Negative Experience Cashier
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #851521

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lowes? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
226 of 2595 Lowes reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lowes. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Lowes.
Filing a new complaint about
×