6.7K views

Lowes is charging for water bottes $13.99,if you return a bottle it is $6.99.I got rid of my water

cooler and brought my empty bottles back and

was told that they are worth nothing.They said

it is not a deposit but a promotion.I paid $7.00

for those bottles and I don't care what they call

it they need to return my money or give me store

credit.I call it stealing.

Then to and insult to injury

the customer service representive said I did not

know what I was talking about because he owned

a package store for many years and there is no deposits on water in Ct.My family also had owned

a package store for years and if we charged a fee

for a bottle we would have to return it.

Comments

Thats better then other places that charge you $11.99 for an empty bottle. basically no mater where you go you are buying the bottle either full or empty.

Just sell your empty bottles to someone else.

Problem solved. This is not that difficult to understand.

I just had the same bizarre experience. The customer service person could say nothing other than point to a sign saying you can't get a deposit on non-deposit items. Except I paid the deposit, with no proof since it was years ago and I exchanged hundreds of water bottles in the interim

Syracuse, New York, United States #1322796

I had the same experience at Lowes yesterday. Just another ripoff.

If you took the time to read the fine print on everything you bought, you wouldn*t buy it.

And The Donald wants to lower the tax on business, who do you think is going to make it up? You guessed it, the same suckers that are getting scammed with all the fine print.

Schenectady, New York, United States #1218691

Having the same issue with Walmart. They do charge DEPOSIT, but will not buy back the bottles.

Primo water does the same thing. I am going to lose $13.00 for two water bottles. They don't have the sign that you don't get your money back for the bottles or a phone number to call to question it!

to Anonymous Austin, Texas, United States #1217723

Please Contact Primo Consumer Customer Care by Phone at: 1-866-429-7566

to Anonymous Schenectady, New York, United States #1218697

Just called them. Typical libtard doublespeak.

We do not charge you for bottles so we do not refund the money. Well, you did not give them to me for free.

And the asswipe who does not think that the $7 does not make one rich, you are right, $7,000 would not make me rich or poor either but this is some messed up business model!!! I am going to raise it with the corporate Walmart and see what they have to say on the issue.

Staten Island, New York, United States #1110811

Well... our economic based on lies.

For anonymous calling people names... you most likely are the CEO of Primo stealing money from people...

no matter how minimal it seems to be to you... guarantee if some kid stole your childs lunch money.

.. you would be the first one to *** and whine about that

It's obvious to me he is working at Lowe's for a reason... Primo has been charging deposits for years...

And I agree... they stole everyone's money...

They made hundreds of millions of dollars just by changing their company policy.... a class action law suit should be filed for every that paid the deposit and cannot get it back...

stop crying fagget. 7 bucks is not gonna make u rich

As a women I have never been so upset when trying to purchase bathroom merc. Over 400 + I was spending.

As a women I ask a ? All these men standing around look at you like your fricken from outer space. You feel like your invaiding a macho man cave and how dare I be there. I will not now not ever step into that place.

And they kept our deposit when I returned a primo bottle. If they don't want the bad reputation from customers then get rid of the product that is making lowes look bad. I called a news station to check where our money belonging to customers going to.

Home Depot returns they're deposits. Shopping there.

to Anonymous #1424339

Not anymore they don’t

lowes sucks and anyone who works there is a *** loser, they lie and have a lil lowes cult and would fight to the death or suck a *** if lowes told them too.

Commerce Township, Michigan, United States #901767

This is the Primo company scam not Lowes. Lowes is jut the one left 'holding the bag.

Still, if you go to the Primo site, you'll get an offer to buy the tickets you get when you return the bottles at the store ....

for a dollar each plus up to 50 cents for postage (still stealing 5.00).

Unless someone wants to start a class action suite for us victims, the only thing we can do is not do business with Primo and let others know what scammers they are.

Lyon Township, Michigan, United States #890958

yes bottles are worth 6 dollars when you exchange them for another, but when you no longer need them you have to get a ticked and then send them to Primo water and they only credit you $1.00 per ticket so what happened to the other $5.00 that the bottles are worth. The same kind of thing happens with the Rhino propane tanks when you first get one it cost you 39.99 when you do the exchange for a full tank you only pay 19.99. when you dont need the tanks anymore they tell you just to leave it and you get no credit for the tank, so what about the 20.00 that it was worth when you do the exchange each time????

to carpet man #975987

I got 3 Poland spring bottles. I got at shop rite 5 gal juges no longer do I need that type of bottles.

We put a filter system in the house. I once got 5 gal at BigY in Guilford ct. They had a rack that you could just push the bottle through and get a ticket for the return. The go to service desk and get cash.

I check the bottle law in ct. No deposits is required for bottle over 3lt. So. It's like if your hey propane you return a empty bottle you the your deposit.

What the *** is this5gal water depoite. Don't give you back your deposited Poland spring. And shop right. I'm going to contact nbc 30.

And a state rep...... Getting screwed.

A deposite is a deposite. !!!!!!!

I purchased a primo bottle also from walmart. Took it back today and was told my coupon was not worth any cash.

I usually get mine from either Giant or Homedopot and they have bottle rental just like walmart had said.

There were no signs anywhere saying that is the cost of the bottle and not a deposit so I will be spreading the word to all or I will simple do like "primowaterblows" and drill holes in bottle and see how well that would work for them. It's mine right and I own it, correct?

I got ripped off as well... I bought Primo water from Wal-Mart in 5 Gallon bottles.

I was told by the cashier when I purchased the water, that all I had to do is return the bottles and I would get a ticket from the machine and I could exchange the ticket for a refund for the deposit price of the bottles. (I purchased 7) I used 6, returned them, got the tickets, brought them to the cashier who now says they have no cash value. I "own" the bottles. So, I thought about it on the way home.

I'm going to drill a hole on the bottom of every bottle I return, I "own" it. So, I guess I can do as I feel before I return it.

It is out there in small print granted but I think its assumed if you spend $7 extra to get something the first time its a deposit which is refunded when you return the bottle. If every other company such as poland springs, deer park etc etc does it then will refund your money why won't premo because they want to be different. End of story I will use those bottles for coin saving before returning them for nothing and buy water from them again.