I am a sales specialist - I am actually a Kitchen & Bath Designer - a profession that I am very proud to be a part of...

I would like to coordinate a BLUE FLU day for ALL SALES SPECIALISTS NATIONWIDE AT LOWES!

Lets see then how well they can adapt without their knowledgeable sales staff. I know at least on that day the ASM's & the Department Managers, the Admin Mgr, the Store Mgr & HR will finally have to get up off their back-ends and work for a change - no more idle chit-chat in the training room or in offices with doors closed or half-closed sitting around looking at the internet or talking on the phone to friends and family - YOU WILL HAVE TO WORK MY FELLOW EMPLOYEES ON BLUE FLU DAY.

WHO OF YOU CAN QUOTE AN ORDER FOR COUNTERTOPS OR CABINETS? CAN YOU DRAW IN 20/20? CAN YOU WORK UP AN ESTIMATE FOR A FLOORING INSTALL? CAN YOU FIGURE A KITCHEN INSTALL?

OOPS ACTUALLY THAT WON"T BE NECESSARY AS YOU SUBCONTRACTORS WILL BE LOOKING FOR WORK ELSEWHERE SINCE THEY WILL NOT HAVE KNOWLEDGEABLE PEOPLE TO SELL INSTALLS! POOR YOU BETTER START LOOKING FOR A JOB LIKE THE REST OF US - YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED LOWES IS GOING DOWN THE TUBES.

Comments

I too have been screwed but folks if you ditch sales remember they follow them. Dont make your numbers and you will be a target. Hang in there.

Wow, you must have lost a million dollars a year. you went from making commissions+ hourly as OPE, Appliances, Flooring, and millwork to no commissions. Here have a Kleenex and then get back to work.

I believe the installers are going to see some bad changes cominh their way soon. looks like a career change

I think calling out will only make us a target. I am protesting by not selling certain brands.

I refuse to promote Stainmaster carpet, Pella windows and doors, John Deere mowers, Samsung appliances. When these companies feel the pinch, maybe they can reason with Lowe's.

Please feel free to add to the "blacklist" as needed. Tell your fellow Sales Specialist.