I ordered a dishwasher on-line from Lowes just before Christmas of 2008. It was to be delivered in about 7-10 business days.

After 2 weeks went by and no dishwasher, I called to inquire. I was told it was being shipped that day and I should have it within the next 24 hours. 2 days later I still had no dishwasher, so I called again. After repeating this multiple times, they figured out that there was an error with the way the on-line system processed the order.

I was credited for the charge, rebilled the same amount, and given a different dishwasher that was in stock. They put me down for delivery, but not installation (as I requested), so I then had to find someone who could install it for me.

Here we are a year later and the dishwasher that I never received is still showing on my account as being shipped to my house. I found this out because I was trying to order a garbage disposal on-line and was declined the ability to purchase it on my Lowes card because my payment was 12 days late (apparently grace periods are a thing of the past). When I called to inquire about the issue, I spent close to an hour on the phone (between hold and dealing with someone who didn't have a clue what he was doing), and was eventually disconnected while on hold.

I e-mailed their customer service department about the situation and was told I would need to call and speak directly to customer service.

I told them I tried that. I'm DONE with Lowes!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Installation.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 06, 2010.

Comments