Product: Lowes Credit Card Clear all filters (84 of 84 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:
1.6
I did not receive my bill, the following month I noticed a late payment fee and called. They were kind enough to reverse that fee, a few days later I found out they reported it to the Credit Agencies. 10 years of a card holder 20 years as a customer, tens of thousands...

If you had been a cardholder for 10 years you should know when your bill comes due each month. If your bill was misdirected in the mail and you didn't get it you should have contacted you credit provider concerning your payment. Not receiving the bill doesn't excuse you from making your monthly payment.

Lowes Credit Card
Pros
  • Selection of ready to purchase
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Don't do this to anyone else
I open up an account with lowes in April 17, 2019 made my payments on time didnt max my 3000 dollar limit. I got an alert from credit karma saying my account was closed. I call the card and they said my credit score went down well it was ip when ypu issued the card and...

First of all, you didn't have an account with Lowes but an independent credit company. It's obvious that you didn't take time to read the credit agreement you signed when you opened the account.

If you had, you would be aware that it said that they will check your credit rating from time to time and adjust your limits as your credit changes. If your credit score goes up, they would,ld increase your limits. If your score goes down, so does your limit.

You obviously opened too many accounts and spent too much for them to be comfortable with. Blame yourself for taking on so much debt.

Close account
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Terrible SVC

Closed my account even though I’m good standing.

Another short post lacking any detail. What kind of account do you think you had with Lowes?

If you think you had a credit account with Lowes you are wrong as they don't offer credit accounts. Their credit is handled by an independent company.

Lowes in Roanoke, Virginia - Poor customer relations

Cerdit card account in good standing, and they close it WITHOUT my knowledge. When I called to find out they said it was because of a review of my credit history. No matter that my account was in good standing and I had ZERO issues on my account. They have now only hurt my credit even more, and for someone trying to rebuild and restructure, that hurts. Poor business. Never will I ever shop at Lowes again.

I worked for Lowes for 7 years and know that at times the credit card company would close accounts that hadn't been used for some time. They said it was to help dormant accounts from being used without the owner's knowledge. I don't know if that is true, but perhaps it might be?

Why are you complaining about Lowes? You do not have a credit account with Lowes.

Your account is with an independent credit company. My guess is that you didn't bother reading the fine print on the application when you opened the account. The fine print includes the fact that they may from time to time check your credit rating and adjust your credit limits accordingly. If your rating goes up they will increase your limits if it goes down they may decrease you limits or even close your account.

Issuing credit is a business that takes into account the risk of lending you money and how likely you are to pay it back. If you have fallen behind on other loans or the amount you have borrowed elsewhere has jumped and your income hasn't they may feel it is too risky to lend you more.

How likely are you to lend money to someone who may not be able to pay you back? It isn't their fault you got into a situation where your ratings dropped.

@Anonymous

Sounds like someone exactly as you describe, can’t or won’t read - probably doesn’t earn enough to justify anyone giving them credit in the first place and now they’ve realized their mistake and the OP is upset and misguidedly targeting Lowe’s - well at least they learned to read the letter that was sent when the account was closed, too bad they didn’t read who actually sent the letter

View more comments (2)

Lowes HORRIBLE customer service

After wading through an endless stream of automated telephonic service I was caught in an endless loop unable to either access my account or talk to someone real. I just needed to speak to a real live person on the phone. Just one short call, but even when I contacted Lowes Customer Service (who accompanied me telephonically) they were unable to pierce the abject apathy that best describes Lowes Credit Card services. While this may seem trivial to some, this is just an ongoing issue with Lowes. The last problem I had was regarding a pay-off. I called, got a payoff and submitted my payoff the SAME day, only to find Lowes reported me to the credit bureau 60 days later for an overdue payment of... (drum roll please)… $0.01. Yes, that's right, ONE penny. When I called to inquire no one could provide a real answer other than some murky explanation that sounded more like that which you would receive from a mortgage company. I am a father and a veteran and a man of my word. I STRONGLY recommend utilizing ANY other credit line other than that which Lowes has to offer. Life is TOO SHORT for this. Do yourself a favor and go to the small hardware store close to you. They will help you, AND they actually know what they are talking about.

Lowes in Auburn, Alabama - Lowered my credit limit

1.2
I received a letter stating that Lowe's had lowered my credit limit to basically my balance. The letter stated that I owed them too much LMAO. I have NEVER missed a payment or paid late. I have rental property and have to rely on my Lowe's card at certain times. I asked for my credit limit to be restored to the original limit and they refuse. I will pay off this card and cut it up. I wonder if Home Depot would appreciate my business?? Bye bye Lowe's

There are many factors the the banks look at to determine credit worthiness(see post below). Check your credit report and see what has changed.

The banks are in the business of, and want to lend you money. They wouldn’t lower your credit limit unless there was something that popped up on your credit report that showed you were a higher risk.

This is true even if you had always paid that credit card on time. Chances are, The Home Depot card would give you the same, if not a lower, credit limit.

How could Lowes lower your credit limit when you don't have an account with them? Your account is with an independent credit company that issues a card to be used at Lowes.

The same will be true of Home Depot so don't pull the I'm running to Home Depot BS. There has obviously been a change in your credit rating if they lowered your limit.

Betty J
@Anonymous

Wow!! I understand that the card is issued by an independent bank but the card and the bill both say LOWE'S.

The store where I used the card is called LOWE'S. As for the "pulling the run to Home Depot BS" I'll spend my money any damn where I choose.

How could there be a change in my credit rating with LOWE'S when I have never missed a payment or had a late payment?!?! I guess you didn't bother to read THAT part of my comment though, did you??

@Betty J

Your credit rating can change for a number of reasons. Have you opened other credit accounts?

Has the total amount you owe on credit cards or other loans increased since you opened your account? Has your income changed? All of these things have a bearing on your credit rating and when you opened your account you would have seen a lot of fine print on the application which included the fact that they may from time to time check your credit and adjust your limits accordingly. Check your FICO score with the different credit rating companies and look at your credit report.

Has it gone up or down? If there is an error work with the credit reporting companies to correct it. Of course you have the right to spend your money any where you want. Just be aware that when you open a credit card at Home Depot the account will be with an independent credit company that issues a card with Home Depot on it that can only be used at Home Depot.

Home Depot will have nothing to do with your credit limits. Your real complaint (valid or not) is with the credit company and not the store where their card is used.

@Betty J

your card says lowes but its rules and standard policy is with syncrany bank

View more comments (4)

Lowes - Terrible

3.3
Everytime I try to pay my Lowe’s Credit card online it says my passwords incorrect or I can’t access the account. The app is the worst app I’ve ever had to deal with and so is the credit card. Not only that but 4 dollar interest rate is ridiculous
Problems with payment
Lowes - Synchrony Bank was fined $225MM for consumer credit card fraud
Lowes goaded me into taking a Lowe's credit card to get 5% discount on purchases in some in-store promo. I've had the card about 6 months. I don't use it much. Last month, I had a whopping $24.18 balance which I paid, but the mail was a bit slow and the payment...

I wince everytime I read these stories, I too found out NEVER NEVER fall for the "you can save _____ today if you only sign up for our credit card" line. On a very large purchase, in the thousands, I STILL find it hard to turn down, but I bite my lip, and take a deep breath, and say a loud and final "NOT interested".

Can't do it completely anymore, but I now realize how right my parents were to live without ANY credit cards at all. Eventually they had to call ME to help as they were no longer able to purchase an airline ticket or reserve a hotel room ! Too bad we've come to the point that to get the privilege of paying the true and honest price of an item, we HAVE to take our a credit card.

Being a loyal customer, spending thousands at a business year in and year out, does not qualify a person for a discount, for that you must take out a credit card. Very sad we encourage this, even with folks who will likely be harmed by additional credit cards.

Lowes Credit Card
Cons
  • Sunchrony bank -who killed my relationship with lowes
Poor customer service
Loss
Full refund

Lowes in Juneau, Alaska - All Class Action

Consumer credit card violations, time to charge the large box retailer for consistant violations.
Mada
#1771994

Made payments always on time and they still report to credit companies because of a one payment of 10.00 dlls. I didn't not receive bill yet I made payments online.

Contact Lowes Customer Service

All Lowes Contacts

Lowes Reviews

Lowes reviews

Lowes - Scam artist

I have borrowed 4,000 dollars from Lowe’s. 5 1/2 years later I still owe 4000. I’m disabled and cannot continue to make this payment. I’ve paid back over 10,000!!! When does it end. I will never shop at Lowe’s again!

Anytime you use a high interest rate store credit card and make only the minimum payment you will end up paying for years and years. Either start making larger payments or go to your bank and get a loan with a lower interest rate.

Stores love to push store cards as they pay no fees to the major credit card companies.

The companies that issue the store cards charge consumers higher interest rates to make up for the fact that the store doesn't pay them anything. Store cards are generally not a good deal for consumers.

Pricing issue