After my husband filed for a personal bankruptcy in 2009, GE Capital Retail Bank / LOWES (formerly GE Money Bank FSB / Lowes), added my name to his credit account so they could try to collect his debt from me. I never agreed to be on his account, nor did I ever use his account, and I have never opened any account with Lowes.

GE Money Bank FSB / Lowes reported the delinquent payments on my husbands account to the credit reporting agencies in my name. When I previously disputed, they sent me an apology letter and assured me that a request was sent to the major credit reporting agencies to remove the report from my file. Then they fabricated a new account number so it wouldn't match the one on the letter they sent me, and reported the same amount with the different number to all the credit reporting agencies.

I have been fighting this for over 3 years and still no resolution. BEWARE OF LOWES CREDIT!!!!

Review about: Lowes Credit Card.

Comments

p.s. PAY YOUR BILLS!

Just like I'm sure you didn't use any of the stuff your husband purchased with his Lowes card? Perhaps he used those items somewhere else where you don't reside?

Maybe he remodeled a bathroom or something, but I'm sure you don't use it. Wow, why didn't I think of that before??

Get husband to charge everything to his name, he files bankruptcy, you both get stuff, walk away from bill, perhaps do it again under your name, wait 7 years, do it all over!? Brilliant!

Dayton, Ohio, United States #705133

Yea, your prob isnt with Lowes... its with GE.

However, you should have to pay the debt. Thats the problem with our economy right now.

You shouldnt be allowed to default and just walk away. You should get yours!

Secaucus, New Jersey, United States #702015

Your are so full of ***.

This has nothing to do with Lowes. It has to do with the bank who OWNES AND OPERATES the credit line.

Lowes has already been paid it's the bank who collects all interest and money from YOU. The only reason major retail chains offer a credit card is to insure you purchase from them because you can't use them anywhere else. Lowes does not gain anything from interest or your late payments, this is all going to the BANK who OWNS AND OPERATES THE CREDIT CARD.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT WHEN YOU USE THE CHARGE CARD the bank pays LOWES.... THEN YOU HAVE TO PAY THE BANK YOU FOOL.