Filter by rating :
75 of 484 reviews with 2-star rating. Clear filter
filters

Terrible Customer Service and Worse Communications-- | Lowes in Houston, Texas

1.9
Lowes essentially seems to be giving all of its customers the middle finger. Good luck with that market approach when we have other alternatives, especially Amazon. I went to Lowes today and there was no one there. No checkout person. No Store Manager. I had over $450 worth of plastic containers and they wanted me to scan each one. I left them right there and walked out. I went home and bought them on Amazon for a little over $35 more. But hey, They deliver overnight. I figure if I am going to do self check out, its easier to do so on my couch. Amazon get that. Lowes does not. If I need something ever again and can't wait for it to be delivered, I will go to Home Depot or Ace Hardware. Even if it costs more, its worth paying to avoid the frustration. When I tried to get the store manager, she was out. So was the assistant. Had to wait forever to find that out. So, I tried to call the District or Regional Manager. They don't have one. The one person they say exists, they have no contact information for them. So, middle finger it is. Why do you make it so hard to reach a decision maker or a person of responsibility? Its purposeful. I don't have this problem at Home Depot or Ace Hardware. The only thing a brick and mortar store has as an advantage is customer service. Bad customer service is the death of any such company. Will be selling Lowes short and buying Home Depot.

Home Depot isn't a lot better. My local store has 2 sets of 4 self serve registers.

There is a cashier than can scan multiple items on those lines but you may have to wait for her either because she is too busy shooting the breeze with another employee or she is trying to keep up with multiple registers. All a part of the cost cutting measures in a big box store trying to keep the shareholders happy.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Customer service and inability to leave feedback
Preferred solution
Give a Damn about Customers
1.5
Customer service is non existent! Lowes just takes your money and then your on your own. I want to thank Mia England Lowes liaison of confusion talking to a lamp post yields more understanding. Bathroom install week 1. Crew came in Tuesday cleared out old tub and doors...
Order processing issue
1.8
Got to Lowes a 5pm to get a hose connector and patio umberla. After seeing no one working in patio section got hose stuff first. Got help right away with that but when i asked for help with the patio umberla he told me I need to speak to seasonal. Waited again in...

I don't want to sound mean but did you even ask for help? A simple excuse me sir/ma'am is all that's needed sometimes.

Most departments have a button to press for help as well (should be red and near their desk).

Or you could have asked customer service. Waiting for someone to "acknowledge" you is what wasted your time.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Wasted my time
  • Poor staffing
  • No answer
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Poor Staffing

LG washer dryer | Lowes in Yuba City, California

1.7
Horrible customer service .really sorry lowes cant pay there employee enought to check into what is causing the customer to keep complaining with no resulitions.Corporate doesnt answer emails..and on passing the call to others that know less.then try to pass it off on LG. We bought washer and dryer and cant get any answers as to why we cant have both white .instead we have a off white grey washer and bright white dryer..why? Delivered two set and still same thing. Paid good money i work hard for to have to have these products not match or satisfy me as a consumer.
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Never called back
  • Refuse to make good on product
  • Anything about the issuh no solution

Rude Angry Employee | Lowes in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

2.0
Marsha in the blinds dept seems to need an attitude adjustment. She is not very helpful and used profanity in front of customers

Couldn’t get any help in ceiling fan lighting. | Lowes in Bixby, Oklahoma

2.0
I went in to return a ceiling fan light kit because I needed one with a fast connection. I stopped and asked two associates for help and they both called for assistance. Nobody ever showed up. I tried to figure out what I needed but couldn’t find it. I also needed to purchase an outside fan and found one I liked but wanted to ask questions. I went to the return desk and told them to just give me a refund. While I was there another man that needed help asked to have someone to aisle 13. I looked at the clerk and said “ don’t bother paging they won’t come I tried it twice. 20 minutes with a 5 year old, waiting on help made me very irritable. Going home with nothing and really needed some lighting in my living room. Guess I’ll get out my coleman

so you went to a self service discount home improvement warehouse because their prices are cheaper than the now closed full service locally owned home improvement STORE and now you are pissed because there was no one there to help you? Did i get that correct?

Sorry. I guess you are out of luck, huh?

Lowe's doesn't want to offer you in-aisle help anymore. They want to be an internet powerhouse. LOL

@Lijuvcfdcx

Stores can't afford to pay help anymore because of the low prices on the internet.

View more comments (2)
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Military discount LIE | Lowes in Logan, Utah

2.0
I have always been given a military discount until today. Lowes now requires registration AND that personnel MUST give over personal info...even if they do not want to. What they have now is NOT a discount but the capture of info to sell and use as they wish. Will be referring to Lowes as Facebook jr. AND will no longer shop there. Military should not allow these places to cheat them...sell their info...or allow the compromise of personal info (they "cannot be held accountable".

there is no selling of info. all they do is check your credentials, mark that they checked it and it has you verified. it does not store any info.

I guess it's been a while since you shopped there, not a steady customer anyway. They went to a new system to verify who actually qualifies for the vet discount and prevent fraudulent use of the discount.

There is nothing that says any store is required to give you a discount. If you don't like their system don't use it. Be grateful when a discount is offered as there is none at a lot of stores.

It's too bad to see so many vets cry about the lack of a discount or what they need to do to get one. There are a lot of people equally deserving of a discount that aren't offered one.

@Anonymous

The procedure to get qualified is quiet simple. When you are qualified, this carries over to online purchases.

I do not have knowledge of selling list, however providing your address or email basically creates a customer data base.I appreciate the discount, as I am sure other veterans do. You choice is to participate or not.

View more comments (2)
Problems with payment

Done with this company! | Lowes in Conway, Arkansas

2.3
I have given Lowe’s more than enough chances to prove themselves but honestly the Lowe’s in Conway, Ar has the worst customer service of any company I have seen. None of the employees ask if you need help. When you ask for help it’s like you are inconveniencing them. They have time to stand around and talk to one another though. You’ve lost my business due to the poor customer service you provide your customers. Very disappointing. Management really needs to come into this store and fire everyone and hire employees who are there to do their job and serve your customers.

management, doesn't really care who they hire, they are just bodies... even with customers complain, nothing ever happens..

it stays with that manager, and wont make it up the ladder..

employees pretty much do whatever they want w/o no worries... from management....

You are shopping at a big box self service store. Ask for help if you need it.

If you want a store that provides service try Ace for hardware or local lumber yards or appliance stores. Sure you will pay more at these stores but they have to pay to cover the extra staff and quality sales people.

View more comments (1)
Review
#1208027 Review #1208027 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Totally ignored in the aisles | Lowes in Springfield, Missouri

2.4
I have experienced Lowes' customer non-service for 15 years or more. Started with being completely ignored by every employee who passed me, so 86 Lumber got my order for materials to build a storage shed in my back yard. Since then, virtually every time I go into a Lowes store, the employees have many things to do - but none of them have anything to do with making sure my needs are being met. Today was the same, and was my last trip to a Lowes store. Home Depot employees are actually helpful and actually interested in making your shopping trip a good experience. Maybe Lowes should try that approach sometime. They also don't provide a way to communicate to their customer service people thru their website.....at least no way that I could find. Could it be that they prefer not to hear our thoughts & opinions?

Steve B sorry buddy but Lowe’s doesn’t come here to comment. Anyone commenting is a consumer like yourself.

To accuse them of working for Lowe’s because they have told you it’s self service only goes to show your problems. They are right, it hasn’t been full service for a long time. It’s all self service. The reason is customers don’t want help, that is until they want help.

It’s a catch 22. They have to balance their labor hours daily vs how much they bring in. If you need help or have a question I have found that going to the help desk is the fastest way because they will page an employee to the area you need them.

Good for you that you no longer go to a self service store. I’m sure you’re much happier at your new store.

@Durpa

Sorry I have an opinion different than yours. You don't tolerate that very well, obviously.

What part of "self service home improvement warehouse store" do you not understand? 86 lumber is a "full service" business, that's why you get "full service" from them.

@Anonymous

So you must be one of the non- service people running around Lowe's in a vest, huh? Hit a nerve, did I?

You should ask a member of Lowes management. I'd bet they'll tell you it's VERY important that their people deliver great service.

If not, there really isn't any point to the surveys they always want you to take. Now, what part of that do you not understand?

Do you complain about the lack of service at Target? Doubt it, there isn't any.

Same concept, they put it on the shelf, you pick it out and take it to the register and buy it. Sure, Lowes has a few departments that require the assistance of a salesperson...shop for what you need and then ask someone to write it up for you.

@Anonymous

Try Home Depot sometime. Know what you'll get?

Customer service. There goes your theory, I guess.

@Steve B

No better service at Home Depot than Lowes unless you shop on a weekend morning. Seem to be the only time they have enough staff that they will offer assistance.

You are shopping in a big box, self service store. If you need help, ask for it.

@Anonymous

So then, they ask you to take the surveys (including questions about customer service) for no good reason? That's a bit callous of them, don't you think?

@Steve B

Having worked for one of the other big box stores I can tell you they all claim to offer great service in their advertising but that's about as far as it goes. They all compete on price.

There are a few ways to get your price lower. Beat up on the vendors to lower price and they have done that well, lower quality, and they are doing that and the big one is keeping payroll costs down. They schedule fewer people than they have in the past, their pay is less that what a full service store would pay and the accept rapid turnover as part of keeping pay low. It's hard to train people when the person training the new employee also has to help customers , keep the floor stocked and clean at the same time.

It's hard to do all these things at once and what happens is that customer service suffers. Your choice is to shop a full service store or accept the fact that you will have to look for and ask for help in a big box store.

Why do you keep going there ? : don't you even know what you're looking for ? : the aisles are clearly marked ...

@Upton

C'mon....grow up. I had technical questions about an offering of theirs, but no one wanted to hear it. And I'm happy to say I DON'T shop there any more.

View more comments (11)
Review
#1207502 Review #1207502 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Poor customer service

Stay away from the young lady with blue hair at customer. Se | Lowes in Coeur D Alene, Idaho

2.2
The young lady with blue hair @ customer service is very rude. Tried to exchange lawn mower that I tried to pick up wouldn't go into gear, went to customer service and was treated like garbage by this lady, funny thing is she apologized for being rude, ha she knew it! I advise shopping elsewhere.