Product: Lowes Customer Care Clear all filters (481 of 481 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Gresham, Oregon - Horrible customer service

We went to wood village Lowe’s because we needed help with our screen. We were told to go to isle 47. When we went to the desk on isle 47 the worker would not get out of his chair to help. He just told us to go to isle 47. Then we went back once we could not find what we where looking for and he then still would not get out of his chair. He then called for help and we waited for over 20 minutes and nobody showed. We finally gave up. Never had seen worse customer service in my life. I think I want to take my business to Home Depot.
#1711939

There may be a number of reasons he didn't get up and help you. Perhaps he had a disability that kept him from walking the aisles.

It's also possible the screen was handled by a different department and he paged someone from that department to help you.

Do you go into a grocery store and expect the person stocking produce to get you a steak out of the meat case? If you really want service you should shop a local hardware store like ACE rather than a big box store.

Tony m
#1711959
@Anonymous

you are right that could be 100% true. He did try to call for someone to come help.

That does not excuse nobody coming to help after 20 minutes. I have worked retail and customer service my for many years and would not make a customer wait that long.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Customer service - sub contrctor - corp head robert niblok
2.4
Lowes - Ordered a miter saw that I'll probably never receive (please take the time to read the entire review)
My wife and I are in the process of refurbishing our house and have spend thousands of dollars with Home Depot which is just down the street from us. Our next project was to install a new shower door in one of the bathrooms. We went to Home Depot several times and was...

Sounds like you ordered a clearance priced saw. If they are out and not getting anymore the smart thing to do would be to accept the refund and look elsewhere for a saw.

Better yet, since you only plan on using it once, do the smart thing and rent one. It seems like you like you like to complain for the sake of complaining .

You made a big deal out of a box that was damaged in shipping before you even opened it and found the product inside was in good condition. Look for simpler solutions in life rather than complaining about everything.

View more comments
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Initial customer service
Cons
  • Follow up customer service
Pricing issue
Preferred solution
Price reduction

*** LOWES HARDWARE

don't shop at Lowes 2 stores said they had in stock product and they had not had them for 2 months
Poor customer service
I have been trying for a month to get the correct information from Lowe's on the Studio shed from a brochure of theirs titled, "Better Built Barns-Quality Sheds." No item number is included for anything in this brochure. I was first sent to the "Pro Desk" from...

IT SOUNDS LIKE A SCAM TO ME!

View more comments

Lowes in Abbotsford, British Columbia - Customer service

2.7
I required service in the garden center. The person working in the center made eye contact with me, we were about 30 ft apart I put my hand up to let her know I needed help she looked away and continued to talk to 1 other employee and a customer. She looked back over at me I put my hand up again so she'd know I still wanted help. She looked away again and then walked over to the register. I walked over to her and she stepped back to look busy ...i told her i needed help she said she couldn't help me because she needed to stay at the register and the other Person was already busy. I was super annoyed by her avoidance and lack of ability to want to support me by calling for help. I complained to a manager and he looked like a dear caught in the headlights! Common sense and customer care needs to be a priority!

Lowes - Question about sale price on Blue Rhino Grill

I purchased this grill yesterday. The ad said it was$149 and was on sale for $99. When I got it home I noticed two places on the box that said $129. Something is not right.

Lowes - Customer service

On May 24, 2019 WE BOUGHT 25 CU FT WHIRLPOOL REFRIGERATOR, ITEM 876294 RRS 8555SIH2, from Lowes store #1644 in Milledgeville, Georgia. the appliance was delivered on May 26, 2019 to our lake house in the area. THE SERVICE WAS VERY GOOD, 5 STARS on May 28, 2019 we went to Lowes store # 2232 on Fairington Road, our residence area. we wanted to buy 5 years extended warranty for the appliance. One associate could not help, another associate told me to go to the store in Milledgeville. When I objected she did some entries in the computer and charged my Lowes credit card $189.97. She produced a receipt which did not have any reference to the appliance or my name When I asked for receipt that shows reference to the appliance and the full record, she told me to call warranty coverage for help. I asked for a manager. the manger MR Zola Davis did not seem interested in understanding or solving the problem, and went fast into hiding, VERY BAD SERVICE. VERY BAD REPRESENTAION, 0 STAR. Finally I was helped by sales associate MS DORA MAPP, she was VERY HELPFUL and called warranty coverage and asked them to connect the warranty to the appliance. She was told it will be done the next day. I hope so !!!!!!

If you are going to buy a service plan from a store it is best to purchase it along with the appliance to avoid confusion. Did you register your manufacturers warranty on-line? Often the manufacturer will offer a service plan at a lower price than you would pay a store.

@Anonymous

99.9% of the time it is a bad idea to buy any kind of extended warranty or service plan from a store. Why not just put the money that you would have spent on the service plan into the bank and if something ever goes wrong you can use that money for the repairs?

Lowes in Pueblo, Colorado - Purchased an appliance

on 5/6/2018 took off from work to buy the appliance. They said delivery date would be 5/28/2019. Then they said it would be 6/4/2019. Then they said it would be 6/10/2019. I contacted Linda in Corporate she suggested another mode. We agreed .She stated they had 21 in the warehouse and stated delivery would be around the 21st. I called cancelled my order on the first model. Larry in cabinetry refunded my original purchase through my lowes card. He then transferred me to the cashier who said your purchase had been declined because of the first purchase was still in the system and it would take 3 to 5 days to clear out. I called the lowes card center and they pretty much said "{{Redacted}} " there is nothing we can do sorry ,you will have to wait . I have been a Lowes customer for over 30 years . I have purchased 9 major appliances and this is the treatment I get. I am going to Home depot and buy a fridge. I will never purchase another thing from Lowes , service is 0, response -0,attitude constant apathy every level SHOP ANYWHERE ELSE
Dorthy

They have zero control over your credit card just bc it says Lowe’s on it doesn’t mean they can expedite refunds you belligerent nightmare

If you need an appliance in a timely manner NEVER purchase one that is not in stock at the store. If you order an appliance they normally arrive within a week from the manufacturer.

The problems start when the manufacturer is out of stock in their warehouse. The store won't know it till the truck from the manufacturer shows up with a packing ticket showing the appliance is backordered. All they get from the manufacturer is that it will ship on next weeks truck if it's in stock by then. It may come next week or it may take a couple of months if it's coming on a boat from Korea.

The sad fact is that the manufacturers don't support the stores with the information they need to keep the customer informed.

The store made the error in processing your refund and sale as 2 separate transactions. They should have processed the refund and the sale as one transaction to avoid the credit problem as it always takes a few days for a refund to actually post to your account.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Anythig about this purchase
Loss

Horrible experience with Lowes contractor Jeff Young in the Rockwall, Texas store. See details below.

We purchased Range, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Microwave drawer, Washer, and Dryer. We contracted with Lowes in Rockwall, Texas to do updates to our cabinets with Cathy Anderson designer and contractor Jeff Young. After Cathy and Jeff came to our home for a walk through they were aware of our expectations. Jeff brought a man named Herb that turned out not to be a certified electrician that put some wires together for a light with our gas logs. It smoldered and melted. Repair cost us $522. plus the second man he brought to fix the lights on the same day that installation mgr Dustin Younger came to our home cost us $550. During the 2 days prior Jeff came to our home and presented us with 3 other bills that he said we owed him on the side of the Lowes contract. I called in and was told that your contractors are not allowed to do on the side jobs. Jeff came in and out of our house 4 times the next day saying if someone he brought to work at our home that he get $100. paid to him. He upset my husband and I so much that I ask him to leave and that I will call the police if he comes back to our home. I gave a picture of one of the bills Jeff told us we owed him. Jeff hired his nephew Chase to do the updates to our cabinets. Jeff was supposed to bring the materials. He failed to bring to right materials so Chase used what he sent. It looked so bad that we had to pay another carpenter to rebuild them. The Painter had to come back and prime and paint them. Back to the 2nd electrician John Vslac the Jeff brought to our home did not do the work he stated he would do and got to us for $600. in light fixtures that he said he would purchase at a wholesaler and install. We never saw these fixtures and paid for work he did not do. Our total loss for these expenses were $3,050. not to mention 6 light fixtures in our garage that turned up missing during this time. I have called Lowes customer care and you told me that the contractor is responsible to pay these expenses. I sent these expenses to Jeff Young and he agreed to pay $1,800. We told him to be fair and resolve this matter we would accept $2,500. Jeff Young wrote back this week and said due to some changes at Lowes he was only willing to pay $522. We need an answer from Lowes as to how much we are going to be refunded for our expenses. Other wise we have no choice but to turn this over to our attorney to resolve this matter. If you have any questions , please give us a call. Ricky and Teresa Langford treysmimi@att.net 903-275-6855
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • How i was treated
  • Jeff young out of the rockwall
Preferred solution
Full refund
Tags
  • lowes rudeness
  • Bad Employees

Lowes in District 3, Mississippi - Sorry male employees

I went to Lowe’s today. To get 10 bags of concrete. There were about 3 male Lowe’s employees helping people load their vehicle. I was beside the concrete assuming they would help me also. They all walked back in the store. After waiting and no one came back out. I go in the store and asked for help. Go back out and wait. No one came. I had to load 800# of concrete by myself. Being a female getting close to 60 years old. It was difficult. I am writing this as I lie in bed with muscle spasms.

Did you go speak to them, oh wait you just stood there and expected them to read your mind. walk over to them and and ask them to help next time!

Many times the loaders have multiple people waiting. So if they didn't ASSUME you needed help before the rest of the universe we should fire them.

Sorry but their job is not to just be on standby for anyone. Yes they are hired movers but they do what their bosses tell them to do.

In your case you saw the contractor crew. They load contractors loads and not regular retail customers. As was pointed out previously, how were you going to move all that concrete once you got home? Let me guess, you would have needed help then too?

If you are whining because you had to do for yourself then you are the problem. The employees are not your personal slaves. They do not owe you extra customer services in the form of moving or assistance with moving. You are supposed to be a adult.

If you are indeed a female approaching 60 then why did you not bring a younger male to assist you? Why is it the retailers responsibility to move your purchase? You made all the choices here.

Why is it everyone’s fault but yours? At what point do you admit that you did this to yourself and are just mad that you were held accountable for the choices you made?

Dorothy P
@Anonymous

My husband and I have a Plumbing company. And I was taking it to a job where it was to be unloaded by some one other than my self.

If the store had had 40 or 60# bags it wouldn’t have been a problem.

I did ask for help look at paragraph 3. And by the way I AM a contractor.

Several problems with your complaint. Did you bother asking for help?

You are shopping at a big box discount store, not a full service store. What did you do with the concrete once you got it home?

Is it still sitting in your vehicle? If you are able to move a product once you get it home you should be able to move it at the store as well.

Dorothy P
@Anonymous

If the store had had 40 or 60# bags it wouldn’t have been a problem. I did ask for help look at paragraph 3.

@Dorothy P

Should have sent one of your employees if you can't handle the product.

View more comments (6)