Seller: Lowes Product: Lowes Customer Care Clear all filters (0 of 475 reviews match)
filters
Seller:
State:
Show
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes - Customer service

On May 24, 2019 WE BOUGHT 25 CU FT WHIRLPOOL REFRIGERATOR, ITEM 876294 RRS 8555SIH2, from Lowes store #1644 in Milledgeville, Georgia. the appliance was delivered on May 26, 2019 to our lake house in the area. THE SERVICE WAS VERY GOOD, 5 STARS on May 28, 2019 we went to Lowes store # 2232 on Fairington Road, our residence area. we wanted to buy 5 years extended warranty for the appliance. One associate could not help, another associate told me to go to the store in Milledgeville. When I objected she did some entries in the computer and charged my Lowes credit card $189.97. She produced a receipt which did not have any reference to the appliance or my name When I asked for receipt that shows reference to the appliance and the full record, she told me to call warranty coverage for help. I asked for a manager. the manger MR Zola Davis did not seem interested in understanding or solving the problem, and went fast into hiding, VERY BAD SERVICE. VERY BAD REPRESENTAION, 0 STAR. Finally I was helped by sales associate MS DORA MAPP, she was VERY HELPFUL and called warranty coverage and asked them to connect the warranty to the appliance. She was told it will be done the next day. I hope so !!!!!!

If you are going to buy a service plan from a store it is best to purchase it along with the appliance to avoid confusion. Did you register your manufacturers warranty on-line? Often the manufacturer will offer a service plan at a lower price than you would pay a store.

@Anonymous

99.9% of the time it is a bad idea to buy any kind of extended warranty or service plan from a store. Why not just put the money that you would have spent on the service plan into the bank and if something ever goes wrong you can use that money for the repairs?

Lowes in Pueblo, Colorado - Purchased an appliance

on 5/6/2018 took off from work to buy the appliance. They said delivery date would be 5/28/2019. Then they said it would be 6/4/2019. Then they said it would be 6/10/2019. I contacted Linda in Corporate she suggested another mode. We agreed .She stated they had 21 in the warehouse and stated delivery would be around the 21st. I called cancelled my order on the first model. Larry in cabinetry refunded my original purchase through my lowes card. He then transferred me to the cashier who said your purchase had been declined because of the first purchase was still in the system and it would take 3 to 5 days to clear out. I called the lowes card center and they pretty much said "{{Redacted}} " there is nothing we can do sorry ,you will have to wait . I have been a Lowes customer for over 30 years . I have purchased 9 major appliances and this is the treatment I get. I am going to Home depot and buy a fridge. I will never purchase another thing from Lowes , service is 0, response -0,attitude constant apathy every level SHOP ANYWHERE ELSE
TightDeer853

They have zero control over your credit card just bc it says Lowe’s on it doesn’t mean they can expedite refunds you belligerent nightmare

If you need an appliance in a timely manner NEVER purchase one that is not in stock at the store. If you order an appliance they normally arrive within a week from the manufacturer.

The problems start when the manufacturer is out of stock in their warehouse. The store won't know it till the truck from the manufacturer shows up with a packing ticket showing the appliance is backordered. All they get from the manufacturer is that it will ship on next weeks truck if it's in stock by then. It may come next week or it may take a couple of months if it's coming on a boat from Korea.

The sad fact is that the manufacturers don't support the stores with the information they need to keep the customer informed.

The store made the error in processing your refund and sale as 2 separate transactions. They should have processed the refund and the sale as one transaction to avoid the credit problem as it always takes a few days for a refund to actually post to your account.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Anythig about this purchase
Loss

Horrible experience with Lowes contractor Jeff Young in the Rockwall, Texas store. See details below.

We purchased Range, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Microwave drawer, Washer, and Dryer. We contracted with Lowes in Rockwall, Texas to do updates to our cabinets with Cathy Anderson designer and contractor Jeff Young. After Cathy and Jeff came to our home for a walk through they were aware of our expectations. Jeff brought a man named Herb that turned out not to be a certified electrician that put some wires together for a light with our gas logs. It smoldered and melted. Repair cost us $522. plus the second man he brought to fix the lights on the same day that installation mgr Dustin Younger came to our home cost us $550. During the 2 days prior Jeff came to our home and presented us with 3 other bills that he said we owed him on the side of the Lowes contract. I called in and was told that your contractors are not allowed to do on the side jobs. Jeff came in and out of our house 4 times the next day saying if someone he brought to work at our home that he get $100. paid to him. He upset my husband and I so much that I ask him to leave and that I will call the police if he comes back to our home. I gave a picture of one of the bills Jeff told us we owed him. Jeff hired his nephew Chase to do the updates to our cabinets. Jeff was supposed to bring the materials. He failed to bring to right materials so Chase used what he sent. It looked so bad that we had to pay another carpenter to rebuild them. The Painter had to come back and prime and paint them. Back to the 2nd electrician John Vslac the Jeff brought to our home did not do the work he stated he would do and got to us for $600. in light fixtures that he said he would purchase at a wholesaler and install. We never saw these fixtures and paid for work he did not do. Our total loss for these expenses were $3,050. not to mention 6 light fixtures in our garage that turned up missing during this time. I have called Lowes customer care and you told me that the contractor is responsible to pay these expenses. I sent these expenses to Jeff Young and he agreed to pay $1,800. We told him to be fair and resolve this matter we would accept $2,500. Jeff Young wrote back this week and said due to some changes at Lowes he was only willing to pay $522. We need an answer from Lowes as to how much we are going to be refunded for our expenses. Other wise we have no choice but to turn this over to our attorney to resolve this matter. If you have any questions , please give us a call. Ricky and Teresa Langford treysmimi@att.net 903-275-6855
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Jeff young out of the rockwall
  • How i was treated
Full refund
Tags
  • lowes rudeness
  • Bad Employees

Lowes in District 3, Mississippi - Sorry male employees

I went to Lowe’s today. To get 10 bags of concrete. There were about 3 male Lowe’s employees helping people load their vehicle. I was beside the concrete assuming they would help me also. They all walked back in the store. After waiting and no one came back out. I go in the store and asked for help. Go back out and wait. No one came. I had to load 800# of concrete by myself. Being a female getting close to 60 years old. It was difficult. I am writing this as I lie in bed with muscle spasms.

Did you go speak to them, oh wait you just stood there and expected them to read your mind. walk over to them and and ask them to help next time!

Many times the loaders have multiple people waiting. So if they didn't ASSUME you needed help before the rest of the universe we should fire them.

Sorry but their job is not to just be on standby for anyone. Yes they are hired movers but they do what their bosses tell them to do.

In your case you saw the contractor crew. They load contractors loads and not regular retail customers. As was pointed out previously, how were you going to move all that concrete once you got home? Let me guess, you would have needed help then too?

If you are whining because you had to do for yourself then you are the problem. The employees are not your personal slaves. They do not owe you extra customer services in the form of moving or assistance with moving. You are supposed to be a adult.

If you are indeed a female approaching 60 then why did you not bring a younger male to assist you? Why is it the retailers responsibility to move your purchase? You made all the choices here.

Why is it everyone’s fault but yours? At what point do you admit that you did this to yourself and are just mad that you were held accountable for the choices you made?

AbidingChameleon354
@Anonymous

My husband and I have a Plumbing company. And I was taking it to a job where it was to be unloaded by some one other than my self.

If the store had had 40 or 60# bags it wouldn’t have been a problem.

I did ask for help look at paragraph 3. And by the way I AM a contractor.

Several problems with your complaint. Did you bother asking for help?

You are shopping at a big box discount store, not a full service store. What did you do with the concrete once you got it home?

Is it still sitting in your vehicle? If you are able to move a product once you get it home you should be able to move it at the store as well.

AbidingChameleon354
@Anonymous

If the store had had 40 or 60# bags it wouldn’t have been a problem. I did ask for help look at paragraph 3.

@AbidingChameleon354

Should have sent one of your employees if you can't handle the product.

View more comments (6)

Lowes in North Augusta, South Carolina - Learned our lesson

Lowes is less than half a mile from our home, but we have learned our lesson.Go To Home Depot. For the second time on a big ticket item, Lowes fell short. The North Augusta store doesn't seem to have anyone in any department who knows anything. Go to Home Depot, and the have knowlegable people ready to help in any way they can. We won't waste our time going to Lowes. We will travel the extra miles to go to Home Depot.

Lowes - Pissed, Frustrated, Angry

1.1
Go to Home Depot, buy from Amazon or buy locally. I was in enrolled in auto payments and never logged into my account since January 2019 if not even earlier. I do not touch my account. I never want to miss a payment hence the auto payment. Everything was okay until yesterday. I received an email saying I was past due by 185!? HOW?! If it's auto pay, that makes no sense. I was at work and went through chat. Mark Joab said I un-enrolled March 14th and re enrolled...Why would I do that?!?! That makes no sense. ALL he did was give me numbers to call (three for the credit) and finally just told me to call customer service. He did NOTHING for me except the minimal, by getting rid of the late fees. YET I still owed 160... I called the number he gave me. It was an automatic response to pay my bill through the phone. I called customer service the right number today, wanting to speak to a supervisor. She transferred me to a person in the credit department, Gabby!! WTH. Can they do ANYTHING right? She was as helpful as Mark Joab. She said, alright I'll waive the late fees... They already did that! Why don't people listen?? She started getting rude at the end and I had to go back to work and at that point she was rudely, repeating herself, saying there's nothing they can do. So I was done. Lowes does nothing right. NEVER get their credit card! I've returned a 200$ item, looked at my updated account, and it increased!! This store is depressing, the people are depressing and miserable. You can NEVER find someone when you need help. They don't carry a variety and if they do, it's impossible to find in the store. The workers can't even locate it. *** will freeze over before I step into that store!

Why are you complaining about Lowes? Your credit account is with an independent credit company.

Won't be any different if you shop at other stores. I had an Amazon account that offered no interest if paid in 6 months. I always paid enough to cover 1/6 of the amount due plus any current moths purchases. They applied the entire payment each month to the 6 month purchase so it paid off right away and you ended up paying interest on current purchases.

I still purchase from Amazon but closed the account which like Lowes was with an independent credit company. Don't blame the store, blame the credit company.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Nothing solved
  • Customer service
  • Credit service
Waive one month fee
  • Rude And Incinsiderate
  • Customer Care Attitude

Lowes in Northeast Dallas, Texas - Lowe's of Garland

2.2
There is no associates to help in the store at all. Some departments have only one person covering three departments. Then you have to wait over several minutes up to 45 minutes to have a product that they have in their topstock area then find someone who can drive equipment and the I can see the poor associate getting frustrated with his own company but it looks like customer service has been getting really bad at the Garland location.

I disagree that local means good service, has anyone tried to get estimates without having to beg them to come out. And since they are small they do not always seem to care about service either. What is happening is we have generations of the “you owe me” and “I should not have to do that it is outside my job description” people in the workforce that just do not understand that the customer is the reason for your job not the reason for your problems

For me Lowes is the best last 14 years I shopped at Lowe's three times a week customer service and every Department excellent if there's a bad day mr. Paul thank you for your expect and care for customers

You are shopping at a big box discount store. Why are you expecting good service?

If you want good service shop a local hardware store like Ace, local lumber yards or plumbing suppliers.

Yes, you will pay a little more but someone needs to pay the salespeople that you don't see at Lowes. The choice is clearly yours, low price and no service or pay a little more and get the service you want.

@Anonymous

I agree with you 100%. I would much rather pay a little more and get better service.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Store
Cons
  • Service
customerservice

Lowes in Green, Ohio - Not good

we were getting drywall loading it our self two workers walked by didnt even asked if we need help. this store is at akron ohio arlington street .we will not go back went there for a few years know .they would rather walk around talking to each other than helping customers.you have cameras all you have to do is look at the tapes.who ever your forman is isnt doing there job

You are shopping at a big box self service store. What do you expect.

Why don't you go to your local full service lumber yard if you want someone to load your product for you?

Sure, you may pay a little more but do you expect the people that are there to load your product for you to work for nothing? It was your choice to shop at a big box store to save a few bucks so you really have no reason to complain.

@Anonymous

they are payed to help you.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Your people dont help they walk around talking to each outher
  • Your people dont help

Purchase of flooring from Lowes

4.1
Lowes Flooring puruchase Bedford, In Larry & Judy Kidwell 102 Shandell Dr Bedford, In 47421 812-545-9033 2/2 Install estimator came to our home for measurements 2/6 Received estimate from Lowes 2/6 Placed order with Lowes for flooring and paid in full 2/11 Materials delivered and placed in our attached garage. Advised installer will contact within 48 hours. 2/15 120hours later received install from installer and date was set at 2/21 2/20 Install office called at 11:00am and advised material needed to be in home for acclimation. Had material inside by noon 2/21 Installer arrived around 9:00am and could not install today do to material had not had time to acclimate. They advised install office would call back with new install date. 2/22 Had not heard from installer by 10:00am therefore I called install office and talked with Mona. She said installer told her the installers advised they couldn’t do install as material was in garage. She have a new install date of 2/27 2/27 Installers arrived 9:30am and installed a few pieces saying material was defective Advised us to contact asst mgr Cole at Lowes. 2/27 Went to Lowes at 4:00pm and talked with Cole. Explained to him what installers said about defective material. He made arrangements to pick up defective material and replace with new material and said he would contact install office for new install appointment. 2/28 Lowes picked up defective material and replace with new material. 3/4 Have heard nothing from Lowes or installers, called Cole at Lowes 12:30pm and shared with him have heard nothing. He indicated he would call install office. Install office called and advised new install date of 3/11 3/11 Installers arrived 10:15am and looked over material. Did not want to install and said material was made for self installers and there could be some seems that would be visible. We have been dealing with for over a month. I asked for them to go ahead and install. Very disappointed in the service. Install is now complete and satisfied with the install Larry & Judy Kidwell 3/11/2019
Scheduleing of installation

Lowes - Return policy

2.8
I can readily understand why the do not allow refunds on major items such as appliances, but minor items such as $10 yard lights. I am now a Home Depot customer even though they do not give discounts to Veterans.

Please go there. Thanks.

You fail to include some important information. Did you have your receipt?

Many stores won't accept a return without a receipt proving you purchased the product from them, what you paid for it and how long ago it was purchased.

Were they seasonal (Christmas) lights? Again many stores won't accept the return of products outside their selling season.

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy