Filter by rating :
75 of 484 reviews with 2-star rating. Clear filter
filters

Must reg as a vet for discount | Lowes in Prescott, Arizona

2.0
in a Lowes store yesterday to buy 2 led shop lights, ($100) showed my VA health card as always and was told I had to be in their data base to see customer service. The conversation ended after name , branch of svc, date of birth, stopped the girl and asked her for the exact info for my data base, surprise she got offended. Went to Home Depot right down the street in, out, got the same discount for the same lights and everybody was happy. I will never return and will bad mouth them every chance I get.

"will bad mouth them every chance I get.

I'm guessing the people you will bad mouth them to either know you and don't really care about what you have to say or you post on places like this where you're automatically read like a book.

Top Cards The Entitled Love To Flash to either get over or as a way to validate themselves.

Age

Disability Card

Gender Card Race Card Vet Card

Name, Rank and Serial Number...maggot!

Yet another entitled vet crying about discounts. You should be thankful when a store makes a discount available.

There are a lot of deserving people out there that don't get one. If you don't like the fact that they verify the fact that you are the vet you say you are there must be something you are hiding.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Read the complaint

Mislead and lied to | Lowes in Santa Maria, California

1.8
I want to file a complaint for your #3352 store. The many calls I have placed to resolve my issues with them, either are unreturned or I have been hung up on. I want all of my money back immediately. Not in the form of store credit as we will NEVER shop in that store again. I have NEVER dealt with people with such BAD customer service skills as the employees that I have dealt with: Jessa, Jason, George, Brian and Mike

Worst customer service ever | Lowes

1.7
MY KITCHEN AID DISWASHER TOP SHELF WOULD NOT STAY UP. CALLED FOR SERVICE ON 10/24/17, TO THIS DATE 12/7/17 NO REPAIRS HAVE BEEN MADE, PARTS ON BACK ORDER. I HAVE CALLED SEVERAL TIMES WITH NO HELP ORRRRRR NO RETURN CALLS. NO ONE KNOWS WHERE THE PARTS ARE OR WHEN THEY ARE COMING IN. ITS THE HOLIDAY SEASON AND I HOST MY FAMILY HOLIDAYS, I THOUGHT THANKSGIVING WAS HARD WAIT TILL CHRISTMAS. NOW THEY WANT TO GIVE ME A BUY OUT, YOU CAN NOT REPLACE MY DISHWASHER FOR WHAT THEY ARE GIVING ME ON THE BUY OUT. THESE ARE SIMPLY PARTS, WHY CAN THEY NOT GET THEM IN.

Why are you complaining about Lowes. Kitchen Aid made a bunch of dishwashers with poor quality supports for the upper racks.

The replacement parts are much heavier than the originals. Had mine done a year ago.

Lowes doesn't make the parts. They have to order them from Kitchen Aid and if they are on backorder it is a Kitchen Aid problem, complain about them.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Weak product knowledge
poor customer service, and i cannot get my dishwasher repaired only 3 years old
Preferred solution
replace my dishwasher with another kitchen and I will purchase the warrenty

Greeting lady looked mean | Lowes

1.5
I came to Pearland lowes and a greeter named Becky looked very mean. She did not smile and did not do her job right as a greeter. She did not greet anyone as I stood there and observed her. When I came to pick up an online order, it was not there. The lady was slow and dont even care about customers waiting online. I feel the quality of service is going down.

Here's some service: Go *** yourself. Nobody owes you a smile.

She's there to point you in the direction of whatever cheapy-made *** you are there to buy.

Your online order wasn't ready because nobody has time to gather your ***. Stop being so lazy and get your own crap.

@Mean Lady

Watch out now!!! You'll be accused for working for Lowes.

To the OP, if you want that good old time, make you feel like you're really something, everyone knows your name(and probably hates you) then go to a local hardware store and not some big box store.

View more comments (1)
Poor customer service

Workers having too much personal fun saying we are busy | Lowes

1.7
Today 11/17/2017. I went to buy a washer and dryer waited half hour for someone to help me. After that waited and ask if I could pay for them and was told to take it up front because they were busy but all but One where laughing and talking with each other I did as told and the lady at customs Service was on the phone waited for 10mins and she told me to go to check out line I explain that I wanted to pay for my washer and dryer and the lady said I’m busy take it to the check out line I again did as told and took it to check out line. I told her why I was there and she was new and said I was told not to hold my line up but I will help you the best that I can the line started to get sooo long but she smile and made me feel so much better she finally closed so that all the other customers could move on to another line. It took her awhile but she did it and I wanted to thank Felicia at the Lowes Trotwood in Dayton Ohio. Or maybe Felina but if it wasn’t for her I would had walked out of the store. Workers there need to no Customers come first, before personal fun!!!!

Fence Installation - BUYER BEWARE | Lowes in Lutz, Florida

1.5
BUYER BEWARE - do NOT buy a fence with installation from Lowe's. The process started out good enough, sales guy was awesome, Tracy Showalter was great, but that is where the good ends and the nightmare begins. I signed the contract and Lowe's charged my credit card the full amount, something I was told would not happen until I was contacted to set up installation. Three weeks later I still had not heard fro them. I tried calling the store many times and was always hung up on. When I finally got a manager to listen to me, installation was scheduled, but I would have to wait another 3 weeks for that. Lowe's was supposed to deliver all fencing product day before, they tried to deliver it 4 days early (had to decline as it would not be safe for that long). When they did deliver it, I was told putting it in the back yard would not be an issue but when they showed up, the gentleman told me he could not do that, it was a curbside delivery only and he dropped it in my front yard! Installation is handled by a subcontractor. They showed up, could not speak English so I had no means to communicate with them, they destroyed my lawn completely. All the grass was tore up and their was dirt EVERYWHERE; I called their manager who then told me "We do it in one day, what do you want form us, this is our process". Additionally, one of the better selling points of this fence was that each post is set with a 60 pound bag of concrete. Well, this is not exactly true. The dry unmixed concrete dust is poured in the hole where it is up to "the moisture in the ground" to turn it into actual concrete. The fence posts wobble and are anything but secure. I can't let my dogs in the yard for fear they will knock the whole fence over. This has been hands down the WORST experience in my life
#1391921

Unfortunately, my husband and I had almost the same exact experience as you described. The process started out great and it went completely down hill from there.

It is truly uncanny how the experiences are SO similar down to the material delivery! A truly horrible experience!!

you shopped at Lowe's because they are cheaper than any locally owned fence company. so don't complain because you got the "cheap" that you wanted!

View more comments (1)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Customer service
  • Inability to talk to anyone
  • How my order was handled
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Lowes Does not Care About Customer

Started out nicely BUT.... | Lowes in Athens, Alabama

2.2
Ordered french doors for our sunroom and was disappointed that I couldn't have the full glass because we needed a dog door installed. The gentleman in the store was nice and showed us the dog doors available and helped us pick out the right size. (This required my daughter sending me pictures and me talking to the gentleman via phone because I am handicapped) When the french doors showed up, there was no dog door to be installed and the man who originally helped us was no longer there. Now I have no dog door and I can't even see out into my backyard from my chair. They insist that we need to pay for the dog door and having it installed even though we went to all of the trouble of coordinating it. We were having them put in a 6 ft vinyl fence in the back yard, but we told them to forget it We want someone dependable. I can now see why there are so many reviews about good sales people and poor management teams at Lowes. They lost a $7500 fence budget over the principle of a $130 dog door. Very Poor customer service and planning.

Most millwork companies hanging doors do not install dog doors. The dog doors are usually something you purchase and install yourself of have a contractor install.

I could see where they may have check the sizes of dog door available to determine what size of panels you needed to order on your door. Does the sales order for the door say anything about the dog door being installed in the door. If not, you were just assuming it would be and need to pay for the installation. If in fact the order called for an installed dog door there should be no charge.

When ordering a product it is important that the details are correct on the written order.

If it wasn't spelled out in the written order it won't be in the door. I also wonder how you would expect them to install a dog door in a full glass door?

Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • How helpful and kind the salesperson on the floor was
Cons
  • That the management implied i was lying
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • French Door
  • Dog Door

30 min and still no service | Lowes

2.4
Went into the appliance area. Saw a assosiate helping out a customer. Saw another young lade wipping coh tera went to ask fof help and it was not his area. Hot the help button. After about t min or longer a girl came and said had to take a micro up to front for customer. Stood for 30 min at same spot still not helped. When i finally decided enough was enough i left stood long enough with no help. Helper for micro was still outside with mico on cart.

i think you broke the record for most typos/misspellings...in a short review

First of all I am willing to bet your 1/2 hour is an exaggeration. The sales person was obviously still assisting their customer as they were waiting for them to pull their car up to get the microwave loaded.

Sure there are other people working in the store but that doesn't mean they know anything about appliances. You don't walk into the grocery store and expect someone stocking produce to come back to the meat counter and wrap up a couple of steaks for you. As you were able to post here I have to believe you can use a computer.

If you can't wait for someone working in the appliance department to help you you should stay home and shop online. You can buy from all the big box stores, Amazon and even some of the independent appliance stores.

I'm sorry you had a bad shopping experience at a big box store that probably serves thousands of customers a day who are satisfied if not very pleased with the service provided. Your experience was the exception and not the rule.

Generally these customer service people are pretty good at what they do and many probably are terrified of grumpy customers (who are probably never happy or satisfied regardless) because of the likelihood they will complain to management, or call corporate, with the intent to get the employee disciplined or even fired. Are you ever a happy person?

I cannot understand your complaint, OP.

The appliance associate was with a customer. Why do you think you are so important that you can cut in line like that? If you want instant personal service try Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills next time!

View more comments (4)
Review
#1120855 Review #1120855 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Poor customer service

Will not accept returns with credit card purchase | Lowes in San Diego, California

1.5
All my returns have 'always" been with a credit card and no receipt. They recently changed their policy to receipts only. no WARNING!!!! They said I should have had a 'my Lowes ' account. WHAT...never heard of this. I'M PISSED!!!!!! I will have to take my $125.00 loss. I called Lowes Corporation about this. After 30 min. on the phone...they cannot find a record of my receipts since the company recently changed there policy. I have wasted 3.5 hrs today including some drive time and phone calls. I will never never ever enter a Lowes store again!!!..and glad to tell others about this failing store. Just look at their financials and massive layoffs. Home Depot is eating them alive.
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Full refund

Poor customer Service | Lowes in Glenwood Springs, Colorado

1.9
I made a phone call to our local Lowes in Glenwood Springs, CO. I was looking to see if a part was in store because online was not clear in the results. The first call lasted two minutes. Tina in customer service transferred me to appliances and after several rings I was transferred back to Tina, and she was to ring them again and we were disconnected. My second call was seven minutes with the same merry-go-round. My third call I asked Tina if she could look up a part number for me instead of transferring me. She said she was very busy and I would have to hold. I agreed to hold. After seventeen minutes on hold Tina returned and looked up my part number, from the website, and told me it was an invalid part number. She then transferred me to appliances again. A gentleman that did not give his name told me I would not find that part in the store and had to talk with a different person to order it. He transferred me and I was disconnected again. After the second phone call I sent my other half to the store to see if the part we needed was there or not. As he got to the store he could hear over the store speakers for "someone to please answer the call for appliances." He made note of the business of the store, his description was of two females in customer service with no customers in line and not very many shoppers in the store. If I could shop at a Home Depot I would but the options for us in Glenwood Springs are limited. I would not recommend ever trying to call the store for help. And if you must shop there know what you need because the help has no interest in helping.

Like most people, your expectations of a "self service discount home improvement center" (Lowe's description, not mine) are pretty *** high.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Bad service
Preferred solution
Hire people that want to work for thier paycheck.