Product: Lowes Customer Care Clear all filters (474 of 474 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Bluffton, South Carolina - Rude staff and Racist

I when To Lowes Today to get my Pick up order. Staff member Ashley, got my Order and told me to get my own cart to put my stuff. Another member happened to open the exit door pushing in the doors, I followed the staff member to get my cart. When I came back inside Staff member Ashley told me in front other customers with an attitude saying I cant open the door open, and if has broken I will have to pay $10,000.00 dollars, I told her I didn't touch the door I just followed her employee, she keep repeating to me well if u break it u have to pay 10k, I keep telling her I didnt touched the door. I told her if she had a problem she need it to let her staff member know that not me. Them she keep accusing me of me trying to break the door. I told her well you should do your job and have a Cart there for my Items, thats why is call Pick-Up Service. I told her to check her security cameras. She jobs blow me away with attitude and told me sign here and there is the exit.. Racist Staff member. I dont treat people for the way they look, because if that was the case I wouldn't want to deal with someone who has a earring in their nose for customer service. But I thought Lowes had a Dress Code? I guess Not... Ashley needs to Learn not to falsely accuse Customers... Im taking my business to Home Depot ....Take your business to Home Depot

You encountered one disgruntled, untrained, underpaid employee at one store in one place at one time. Insufficient reason to condemn an entire chain or promote some other chain (I've read equally bitter gripes about Home Depot).

Personally, I don't like Lowe's OR Home Depot or crummy employees anywhere. Your error was to engage with this fool and get your blood pressure up. Think logically : how could some minimum wage flunkie come up with a price of a conveniently round $10,000 to repair or replace something that hasn't been damaged ?

Is this person qualified to predict the future or provide a job estimate based upon non existent damage whose degree we cannot ascertain until if / when it happens ? Don't waste your time arguing with persons like that.

Lowes in Phoenix, Arizona - I paid for a dryer that they never had

On Nov 21 I ordered a washer, dryer and ped. I got a call saying that they would deliver it in 2 weeks. On Dec 7, I got a call 5 min. before the store closed telling me that they had the washer but no dryer. I asked when it would be in the said MAYBE the end of Jan. I had torn down shelves to make room with the taller machines. They sold me something that they didn't have. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB.
#1619737

They do not carry in store most of the appliances they sell, they order them from the manufacturer once they are sold. Some of them have to be shipped in from overseas which takes a while as ships move slowly and then the products have to go through customs when leaving or entering another country, not accounting for delays like weather conditions. If they stored every appliance that they sold in the store they would need one huuuuge building.

If it was going to take 2 weeks to deliver when you made the purchase it meant that they had to order it from the manufacturer. Normally it would deliver within.

2 weeks if the manufacturer had it in their warehouse. My guess is that you purchased either a LG or Samsung product. When their warehouses is the United States run out of an item they have to wait for it to come in from Korea. Unfortunately the stores ordering the products don't know it won't be coming till the truck gets there with the product marked as a backorder on their packing list.

Unfortunately the store has to give you the bad news. It really isn't their fault, it is the manufacturer who caused the delay and failed to inform the store as soon as they placed the order that the dryer was out of stock.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Did not have machine that i bought
Problem with delivery
  • Defrauding Customer

Lowes in Olympia, Washington - Would not give military discount

I was at Lowes today who always advertises a 10% Discount for military veteran's I know Home Depot offers it as well. However today even after showing my Veterans ID card the clerk said you are not in the system so we have to put you in again. Which apparently would take some time. I know it isn't worth the hassle although a long time customer and never having the problem regarding the discount in the past I'm done with Lowes.

It’s a better system now. We used to have to show our military ID every time we checked out, then we had to wait a few minutes for a manager to come and approve it.

Now, It is tied to my mylowes card. The cashier scans my card and it automatically gives me the discount.

I can now also get the discount when I buy something online and use the self checkout. Go to the customer service desk and they will help you register, it only takes 5-10 minutes.

Where are you going to shop? Plenty of vets crying about not getting discounts at Home Depot as well. Don't know where you get the idea that you are entitled to a discount and don't think you have to follow the stores policy to get one.

@Anonymous

I did follow the stores policy and showed my valid military ID I have never had the problem with Home Depot. It is not as much about the discount as the principal no offence but I'll gladly take my business elsewhere

@Anonymous

No their policy is to set up an account and you refused. Get your facts straight before you claim that you know what you're doing.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Tipp City, Ohio - Poor workmanship

8 years ago a Lowes contractor put a 25 year roof on our home. It leaked and the vents had to be redone. They extended the shingles down so far I could not get my hand in to clean the spouting. Recently a whole section of the roof came loose and slid to the ground. An inspection showed cracks all over the roof where other slides were starting. After contacting the store, then corporate we got no help. They would no even come to look at the problem. I will never buy there again. Gail Stickelman

Obviously they contract to the cheapest contractors in town. I'm sure you were super excited about that couple thousand dollar cheaper price for materials and labor. You get what you pay for.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Quality
  • Customer service

Lowes in Hagerstown, Maryland - Drenched by Flower Pot at Garden Center

Pulled a large pot of water download for me. Just had foot surgery. In surgical shoe. Lowe's local staff treated me horribly. Water got into my Galaxy Note phone. Ruined the speaker. Lowe's said no one saw me pill pot off shelf which had no roof. Many employees saw me wet. Offered no help. Basically called a 67 year-old woman with a $10,000 credit limit with Lowe's a liar. Local mgmt unprofessional. Efforts to contact corporate management through certified mail failed. Life long cust. Their loss. Msny home projects planned to get house ready to sell. No wonder they sre closing stores.

I didnt quite understand your first sentence.

Ok so you got wet, so what. That’s called life.

It’s NOT their fault directly that you got yourself wet. Indirectly yes as it was on their property. But face reality that is a ACT OF GOD. No ones fault directly and some common sense on your part would have prevented the situation.

A open roof means rain will get in. If the pot was over your head then you should have had a employee get it for you. It’s not about your credit limit but your age does factor in. At your age you would think a smidge of common sense would apply.

Get over it because sometimes in life we have to live with the choices you have made. The only person you should be mad at is yourself. Trying to use your age, financial status, or any future potential purchases is not going to cause them to do anything but laugh at you.

You did this to yourself on their property. That doesn’t make it their fault.

Was this in an outdoor garden center where the rain can hit it? If so water is so meting you might expect to be in a pot you pull off the shelf. Just a fact of nature.

View more comments (2)
2.8
Lowes - Lowe's Bait and switch-Troy-Bilt Storm 2410 24-in Two-stage Gas Snow Blower
Lowes You all lie and are now trying to bait and switch me to this sell me CRAFTSMAN 600 24-in Two-stage Gas Snow Blower Self-propelled I order a Troy-Bilt Storm 2410 24-in Two-stage Gas Snow Blower Self-propelled go a notice it was going to be delivered on 12/06/2018...

same as the other anon's. they could've just cancelled your order since they were sold out.

at least they offered a comparable product (which they come from the SAME manufacturer) and match the price. which is like a difference of $200!

you know how much money they lost? yet still, they did that to satisfy customers

View more comments
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Troy-bilt storm 2410 24-in two-stage gas snow blower
  • Website pricing
Cons
  • Bait and switch
Reason of review
I was lied to in a bait and switched
  • Bait And Switched

Lowes in Binghamton, New York - Lack of prompt follow up

2.3
Early in oct my mother went in to buy a gas stove and a refrigerator. The salesman told her a service man would contact her in 2 days to make sure he could hook up her range. It has copper tubing. Two weeks later I went back to the store Front street Binghamton and talked to a young lady who contacted the contractor who said he would be in contact with her in a couple of days. Last weekend on Sunday I spoke with Matt the original sales person who advised me he was moving people to a new contractor. And he moved mom again assuring me she would hear from someone in two day . Almost a week later no one has contacted my mom. Can you assist with this. Customer Is Freida Alcott my number is 607 371**** and moms number is 607 967 ****. She would really like appliances before Thanks giving.

Rather than going through a store that subcontracts their delivery and installation you would be better off going through and appliance store that employs their own delivery and installation personnel. The length of time it is taking to find out if they can even install the stove should give you an idea if how the delivery and installation will go if you do make the purchase there.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Long wait time
  • Installation And Product Issues

Lowes in Greenwood, Indiana - Poor service

October/23/18 had asked for repairman for my side by side refrigerator for the second time. Was scheduled 12/22/18 between 8-12. This was the second time. At least the man did show up in my driveway, but I kept waiting for him to come to the door. He left. Later said he knocked but I didn't answer. I was standing in the front window, but he didn't call to see maybe I didn't hear the knock, just left. We were on the phone trying to get him back , but all I got was voicemail and no response. Called Lowes and was told I had to reschedule for next week. Same thing as before, he didn't show and wasn't sure when he could come. Was told I could get someone else to fix it which I did and paid the$75.00 and was told they would reimburse me. Made 3 phone calls asking for paperwork to file, had to be to an email address, will not mail. 3 different times never received the email to my box, asked Customer Service to mail it to me as I had confirmed my email address 3 times and never received. They refused to mail and cant get me the paperwork, so I had to lose $75.00 on a fixed income. I will never buy another extended warranty from Lowes. Sad
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Runaround
  • Aphaty towards the client
  • Did not stand behind product
Warranty issue
Full refund

Lowes in Virginia Beach, Virginia - Troy-Bilt FLEX & Lowe's No Return Policy.

I bought the Troy-Bilt FLEX power base and mower attachment. It wasn't in stock and it took them more than 30 days to deliver the darn thing. First time I used it, it got slower and slower when I would pull the throttle, to the point where it is entirely pushed by me...that was the first time I used it & I have less than 3/4 of an acre to mow. Second time I used it, the PTO got stuck engaged and would not disengage - something snapped in there, it spins freely even though the cable is stuck in the engaged position...I can't use the thing anymore, it's now worthless. Lowe's wont take it back and Troy Bilt won't authorize the return, they want me to let someone at Lowe's fix it. Last outdoor power equipment purchase I make from lowe's. By the way - this is a $1,400 mower setup, used it twice & now I'm back to my old push mower that I bought in 2006.

Why is it worthless? There is a manufacture warranty that covers the repairs for DEFECTS in the product.

Just like a new car warranty. They will repair your car if something goes wrong.

They won't give you a refund or replace it. If you did something like failing to put oil in it or used stale gas, expect to be charged as that is not a defect in the product.

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes in Clifton Park, New York - Absolutely terrible

Took 3 weeks longer than they were supposed to and it was the wrong carpet. Bunch of *** work there. The process to even talk to someone was awful. DONT EVER DEAL WITH THESE IDIOTS!!!!!