Product: Lowes Customer Care Clear all filters (5 of 477 reviews match)
filters
State:
Show
City:
Show
Product:

Resolved: Lowes ignores the customer

Update by user Dec 11, 2017

Jessica called me from the store and was more than gracious about hearing my issues and then agreeing to waive the return period for the pressure washer. I was wrong about the 90 day, it is actually 30.

We both agreed that, although unrelated to my recent visits, the waiver would certainly make me feel better about continuing to shop at Lowes and I will. The return was a breeze - the model I had was not available but they happily gave me a store credit which I used at a different Lowes to purchase the washer. It is worthy to note that she did not mention my review here.

If she was aware of it she didn't say so or ask for a retraction. I say well done Lowes!

Original review posted by user Dec 08, 2017

I won't go into long boring detail. I will just say that it is useless to contact customer care. I had three visits to Lowes in a row which not only resulted in not getting what I needed but left me feeling frustrated at the lack of knowledge and interest displayed on those visits. Customer care promised a call back from a store manager which did not happen. The second time I contacted them a marketing manager was to call me back which I correctly assumed would not happen either. It is clear that customer care is there to insulate customers from upper management and not to resolve issues. I even had a simple request for resolution - a waiver of the 90 day return policy for a pressure washer that failed after six hours of use - which was flatly denied. It had failed before the 90 day time period but because of Harvey we were unable to make it in time. Every other business in Houston and others with Houston clients bent over backwards to assist Houstonians affected by Harvey. Maybe Lowes did too, but not with me.

Contracted Lowes to build an entry ramp with a 14x14 deck to the tune of 17k. The only thing they’ve done efficiently is cash my check 2 months ago.

Contract has start date of 7/29. As of today 8/7 nothing has begun.

Seems to me that that voids the contract and I am entitled to a full refund. What are my chances?

Those pressure washers you buy at the box stores are crap. All of them.

#1402054

Lowe’s return policy state that Outdoor Power Equipment(including pressure washers), is 30 days. Unless you purchased the Lowe’s Extra Protection Plan, your issue is with the manufacturer.

Most pressure washers come with a one year limited warranty. Perhaps you should take it up with them.

@1592PCFL

Guess I didn't need to! Lowes took it back for me! I hope you feel better though.

View more comments (3)

Do not use lowes

2.2

Update by user Nov 07

refund for incorrect order again

Original review posted by user Nov 07

ordered window blinds twice making 5 trips to troy al location putting finger on exact blinds to order and cut and they messed up the order twice with the wrong product. after traveling over 250 miles to order and pick up $3000 worth of blinds I will not return to Lowes because they hire Burger King rejects that can not get an order correct
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Nightmare
Cons
  • Help from employees
  • Constant mistakes from the home decor employees
  • Poor customer service from corporate - 800-445-6937
Loss
Preferred solution
250 mi at 2.00 mi
Resolved
Lowes Canada - They don't stand by their products and will make you pay for their mistakes!
Just bought an air conditioner at Lowe's Canada. They price matched it to the same model on Amazon. When I got it, it was a different model. I never thought to check because Lowe's Canada only offers one 8000 BTU air conditioner - I saw the name Frigidaire and 8000 BTU...
TruthHURTS18827

Oh god cry me a river. It is your due diligence to measure your window and purchase a air conditioner that fits it.

Period. You said it yourself “I never thought to check.” Yet, it is Lowe’s fault. Lowe’s should reimburse YOU for the time YOU spent in a taxi because YOU did not do you due diligence as a consumer. Let me guess, the customer service reps, they should have known what size your window was.

Give me a break.

Then they are nice enough to come pick it up, which I’ve never seen done for a window air conditioner...(I bet you were a huge pain in the *** and you have the NERVE to still be *** Get over yourself & take the disibility card somewhere else, everyone is on some sort of “disibility” nowadays. You’re lucky you didn’t deal w me.

View more comments
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Maplewood, Missouri - Cant return any item to any store even though the receipt states you can

2.7

Update by user Jul 29, 2018

Offered a nice in store credit to use as I wish for my time (90 minutes), and driving to return item at a different store.

Update by user Jul 29, 2018

Update, 4 hours after the attempted return: Just received a call from the head store manager at Lowes where I was told there is no way they can do the return. The first thing he says is "I understand you were in the store earlier trying to make a return and it did not go as expected, please if you would explain to me in your own words what happened".

OK, not that's what I expect to hear...concern, admission that there was a problem and willingness to rectify it. After the explanation he states "you are correct and it was our problem and we made it yours" exactly what a customer wants to hear in a situation like this. He also mentioned that there are two other big box hardware stores within a 1/2 mile of his location...recognizing and respecting that consumers have choices and he wants my business (or someone else will get it). He then makes what I would term a more than fair offer for a in store credit that I can stop by and get from him personally next week.

That's the way its supposed to work. Folks if you know you are right and have legal and moral ground to pursuit it, do so in a non emotional but yet very persistent way and you will often be rewarded.

Original review posted by user Jul 29, 2018

Purchased a $250. Troy built string trimmer at a Lowes store I was close to. Went home and read customer reviews. Discovered that not only was that model discontinued, it had horrible reviews. The following day I went to the Lowes that was much closer to my home. They told me that they could not return the trimmer even though the box had never been opened because "it was not in inventory list" and the only thing I could do was to return it to the other Lowes store. To which I replied, my receipt is a contract, and the back of it states I can return to ANY Lowes store nation wide. Then ask for store manager, Tom, who frankly was not all that sympathetic. Folks, if you have a receipt with term and conditions and it states you can return an item to ANY store then you should be able to or its consumer fraud. After standing there for 30 minutes wile they tried to "add it to their store inventory list" but it would not let them according to their claims, I called Lowes Corporate customer service who basically told me the same thing but in a nicer way. I offered to return it to the other store, but they would need to pay me since they were hiring me to be a courier service. Basically, time is money and they broke their contract with the customer. No luck. Couple of observations: If a store make an agreement by contract (and prints it on the receipt) that you can return any (non special order) item to any store in the country within the number of days one is allowed (in this case less than 24 hours) then you'd better honor that, otherwise its fraud. Its not the customers problem to deal with the stores IT and inventory issues that they are unable to add it to their inventory Give the store manager some ability to make a decision or at least amends in cases like this. They could have accepted the refund and shipped it to the other store...but that would have involved them doing paperwork! They could have given me a $20 gift certificate, but all I received the its the only way attitude from those at the store. Bottom line: as a consumer know your rights. The terms of the sale are printed on your receipt. They are legally obligated to honor them. Ended up driving across town to return item at original store...but what it would have been 100's of miles away? When I returned to the other store, their customer service/returns told me that the first store should have been able to override this issue and take the return. Told the corporate office people to call me so we can discuss, I feel there is some entitlement to having blown 90 minutes of time and driving 15 miles out of my way to make a return. Lesson: Be the squeaky wheel when you are in the right, and hopefully it will pay off.
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Selection
Cons
  • Lack of training employees
  • Manager response
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Resolved: Lowes - Returns

4.2
Lowes - Returns
I am very displeased with your return policy you hold here in Las Cruces, NM. My Husband and I are doing major addition to our home and purchase several items cash at your store and tried to return some materials that we didn't use and was denied the return. Though we weren't asking for cash I would of loved for the money to stay in the store because as I said we are doing major additions. But store credit wasn't even an option. This happen 5/31/17 and was told to call the number at the bottom of the receipt to ask why did so no response. I've used Lowes several times for any project. That is quite often due to that I'm a stay a home mother with a lot of creativity. But in the end I am very disappointed I had to take my business else to Home Depot today on 06/01/2017 and purchased $ 3,721.37 CASH in material needed for the additions taking place. When I would of have rathered went to Lowes who I've always used and trusted. I'm reaching out to get this matter resolved if you would like to keep me as a faithful customer. Thank You and have a great day. Monique Bencomo

i work at lowes and when it says valid recipit required it means you have done too many non recipit returns and it has blocked you out of our system to give you an instore credit without a recipit

You get declined after so many returns without a receipt. It's part of the security system.

Home Depot works the same way. I know this because I have worked at both.

Lowes has their MyLowes card which works like any other card for any other store. It's free and stores your receipts for you. If you use it (or save under your phone number) they will always be able to make the return.

Don't know what the Home Depot receipt has to do with anything. It looks like the Lowes receipt is for the return you tried to make.

Each line says valid receipt required for refund.

It appears you didn't have the receipt for the products you were trying to return. Bring the products back with your receipt if you want a refund.

was it past the return date limit---thats my bet since that info was left out

You leave out some important information in your complaint. Did you have a receipt?

If not, Lowes isn't the only store that won't accept returns without a receipt. Was the product special ordered for you? If the product isn't stocked in the store they don't have shelf space for it and don't want it back.

Read the order form if it was a special order. There's always a reason stores won't accept a return...why didn't you include their reason in the complaint.

@Anonymous

I wonder why too

View more comments (6)
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111