Filter by rating :
75 of 484 reviews with 2-star rating. Clear filter
filters

Awful carpet purchase | Lowes in Deer Valley, Arizona

1.9
We went and purchased bamboo flooring and carpet at Lowes !what a nightmare from the measuring to the install .The communication between the installer and Lowes was pathetic to say the least.The management did give us $50 off big deal .So it boils down to this We have made our last purchase from them
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Used to love shopping there
Cons
  • Poor communication
Problem with delivery
Full refund
2.4
Ordered a miter saw that I'll probably never receive (please take the time to read the entire review) - Lowes
My wife and I are in the process of refurbishing our house and have spend thousands of dollars with Home Depot which is just down the street from us. Our next project was to install a new shower door in one of the bathrooms. We went to Home Depot several times and was...

Sounds like you ordered a clearance priced saw. If they are out and not getting anymore the smart thing to do would be to accept the refund and look elsewhere for a saw.

Better yet, since you only plan on using it once, do the smart thing and rent one. It seems like you like you like to complain for the sake of complaining .

You made a big deal out of a box that was damaged in shipping before you even opened it and found the product inside was in good condition. Look for simpler solutions in life rather than complaining about everything.

View more comments
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Initial customer service
Cons
  • Follow up customer service
Pricing issue
Price reduction

Lowe's of Garland | Lowes in Northeast Dallas, Texas

2.2
There is no associates to help in the store at all. Some departments have only one person covering three departments. Then you have to wait over several minutes up to 45 minutes to have a product that they have in their topstock area then find someone who can drive equipment and the I can see the poor associate getting frustrated with his own company but it looks like customer service has been getting really bad at the Garland location.

I disagree that local means good service, has anyone tried to get estimates without having to beg them to come out. And since they are small they do not always seem to care about service either. What is happening is we have generations of the “you owe me” and “I should not have to do that it is outside my job description” people in the workforce that just do not understand that the customer is the reason for your job not the reason for your problems

For me Lowes is the best last 14 years I shopped at Lowe's three times a week customer service and every Department excellent if there's a bad day mr. Paul thank you for your expect and care for customers

You are shopping at a big box discount store. Why are you expecting good service?

If you want good service shop a local hardware store like Ace, local lumber yards or plumbing suppliers.

Yes, you will pay a little more but someone needs to pay the salespeople that you don't see at Lowes. The choice is clearly yours, low price and no service or pay a little more and get the service you want.

@Anonymous

I agree with you 100%. I would much rather pay a little more and get better service.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Store
Cons
  • Service
customerservice

The fence that no one built | Lowes in Jacksonville, North Carolina

The fence that no one built - Lowes
I ordered a white panel fence in July of 2018 and now it’s february 2019. This has been the worst experience ever. First off they brought the wrong material la to My house and left it all in my yard for two months Needless to say my yard looked like a twister hit it. After picking up the material they did nothing for another two months. Materials were dropped off in front of my house on my beautiful manicured yard where they are all still there as of today. The workers did start on the fence and literally I mean started. They were suppose to arrive at 11am but did not show up until 230 and left at 4:15. As of today I have 9 panels up and the two in the back have a one inch gap which was not suppose to occur according to one of the contractors and Lowe’s. I have been billed for this product since July so this should be considered 100% fraudulent . I have called and spoken to so many people since July and still my fence is not complete. I will be requesting a full refund for this disaster and will never use Lowe’s installment again.

Does your state license contractors? If it does you should file a complaint with the state.

It will put pressure on Lowes and their contractors.

In my state they also have a fund to compensate people who have lost money to fraudulent contractors. It could also strip them of their license and help avoid this problem for others in the future.

Problem with delivery

Lack of prompt follow up | Lowes in Binghamton, New York

2.3
Early in oct my mother went in to buy a gas stove and a refrigerator. The salesman told her a service man would contact her in 2 days to make sure he could hook up her range. It has copper tubing. Two weeks later I went back to the store Front street Binghamton and talked to a young lady who contacted the contractor who said he would be in contact with her in a couple of days. Last weekend on Sunday I spoke with Matt the original sales person who advised me he was moving people to a new contractor. And he moved mom again assuring me she would hear from someone in two day . Almost a week later no one has contacted my mom. Can you assist with this. Customer Is Freida Alcott my number is 607 371**** and moms number is 607 967 ****. She would really like appliances before Thanks giving.

Rather than going through a store that subcontracts their delivery and installation you would be better off going through and appliance store that employs their own delivery and installation personnel. The length of time it is taking to find out if they can even install the stove should give you an idea if how the delivery and installation will go if you do make the purchase there.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Long wait time
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Installation And Product Issues

2 employee's push passed me, never said excuse me. | Lowes in Dallas, Texas

1.8
Kim and another employee not wearing name tag. Pushed us to the side. How rude. Learn some manners

Can't check out | Lowes in Indianapolis, Indiana

1.5
I was trying to get in line to check out and a Lowe's employee stood in front of me so other people could get in line ahead of me. I will never shop at the Lowe's on beachway drive again rude employees and evidently don't want me to check out so they can put it all back on the Shelf.

Bring Home Depot to Mooresville NC | Lowes

1.5
The Lowes in Mooresville NC is a joke. How can a store located in the very same town as the corporate location be so terrible. Store staff doesn't care. Stock is never out. Choices are very slim to none. For a home owner that wabts to spend thousands of dollars with a local home improvment store I have elected to suck up the drive down I-77 to Cornelius and spend my money. I just don't get it. I guess it's why Home Depot is killing them on sales and service. Wake up Lowes YOU ARE LOSING SALES AND CUSTOMERS!!!

Terrible | Lowes in Silverthorne, Colorado

1.8
This company is unorganized and cannot process orders online. They are always out of stock so the items get cancelled and then you have to try and reorder. They are just a *** company. Complete lack of leadership in the stores and never even close to enough employees. If an item is out of stock the employees are not able to look up and see if more are ordered, or, better yet, order one for me. What? is it really 2018 and there computer system doesn't tell the employee what is coming to the store? I have walked through an entire store and not seen one employee until I get to the front Customer Service counter where there are five employees all standing around talking. I hope they go out of business so another company can buy them up and at least do a mediocre job. They are just absolutely incompetent.

Because lowes treat there employees like crap that's why they don't have enough people working there.

Why would they put the time, money, and effort into the things you are complaining about when for every person who is dissatisfied will be replaced by twenty other customers? As long as people flock to them to buy stuff cheap, why would they spend the money to correct these issues?

It makes no business sense at all to them. That's what happens when there is little competition and low prices are the only way they can attract business.

Product quality and service go down because the only other place you can go is just as bad or worse. It's a race to the bottom and it's been going on for 40 years.

View more comments (1)
Preferred solution
I just want to leave feedback so they can get better. I don't need money just a competent decent store.

Now hiring the most obviously ignorant people in Customer Service! | Lowes in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania

Update by user Sep 05, 2018

Went in to pay bill, where do they find these surly people? If I hated my job, you can be certain I'd find another. I have not been contacted, I will pay this off and as long as there are still Home Depot's or True Value, I do not need to patronize an operation that cannot train employees common courtesy.

Original review posted by user Aug 06, 2018

Don't take my word for it, go there and stand at customer service and WAIT for one of these people to even acknowledge your existence...or even make EYE CONTACT. I stood 5 feet from a 'CUSTOMER SERVICE REP' who stood at the register in front of her for more than 5 minutes, not waiting on anyone, looking down at her PHONE, not even looking up to see I was waiting to PAY MY CC BILL. She finally, without even looking at me, turned to another loitering 'employee' who was doing nothing at returns and asked her to 'take care of this guy'-RUDE, NON-PROFESSIONAL, AND DOWN-RIGHT IGNORANT. I will pay off my balance at Lowes and will patronize the HOME DEPOT that is 1/2 mile away instead-this is a COMMON OCCURANCE at this location, frequent enough that it is not just a fluke. Lowes Corporate, PAY ATTENTION, my neighbors all seem to concur with my observations.

I did try to call the store manager, was put on hold repeatedly for almost one hour. No accountability.

@Anonymous

Then Call Customer Care!

Lowes corporate doesnt use this. if you want to make a formal complaint... ask for a Store Manager or call customer care.

Unfortunately, this is the state of retail in the age of big box retail. As an insider, I know It’s all about hitting the high sales numbers not profit.

In order to do that they have to keep the prices low, on some items, even at a loss. They have little control over the cost of goods, and total control over thier labor costs. These wokers make $10.00 an hour, and half of the customers they have to deal with, are appallingly abusive. After a while, I have seen it wear out the most friendly and competant Customer Service Associate.

In general Home Depot is the same way. For the consumer, I would suggest that you take your business to a higher priced local or smaller chain of hardware store where the employees are more motivated by higher compensation.

And... For the Customer Service Associate, I would suggest that you pursue employment at such a store that doesn’t cater to such unreasonable “low rent” customers that have learned that, if they are abusive and “I want to speak to a manager”, then they will get even a bigger discount on their cheap goods.

Machele

The sad thing is that this is not uncommon with many retailers. Good, presentable people who can and will do the job they are hired for are becoming increasingly rare.

The fact that, in your case the employee was allowed to have her cell phone turned on during working hours is bad enough without her staring at it for minutes at a time as if it were a just fried pan of side pork.

Unreliable, inept and lazy employees are now common. Shop at stores that tend to hire better people.

Stop crying

@Anonymous 101

How about ‘stop trolling’...

@Anonymous 101

Stop trolling

View more comments (7)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Ignorant employees
Let the company propose a solution