Product: Lowes Customer Care Rating: 1 Star Clear all filters (128 of 481 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Product:
Rating:

Lowes in Pueblo, Colorado - Purchased an appliance

on 5/6/2018 took off from work to buy the appliance. They said delivery date would be 5/28/2019. Then they said it would be 6/4/2019. Then they said it would be 6/10/2019. I contacted Linda in Corporate she suggested another mode. We agreed .She stated they had 21 in the warehouse and stated delivery would be around the 21st. I called cancelled my order on the first model. Larry in cabinetry refunded my original purchase through my lowes card. He then transferred me to the cashier who said your purchase had been declined because of the first purchase was still in the system and it would take 3 to 5 days to clear out. I called the lowes card center and they pretty much said "{{Redacted}} " there is nothing we can do sorry ,you will have to wait . I have been a Lowes customer for over 30 years . I have purchased 9 major appliances and this is the treatment I get. I am going to Home depot and buy a fridge. I will never purchase another thing from Lowes , service is 0, response -0,attitude constant apathy every level SHOP ANYWHERE ELSE
Dorthy

They have zero control over your credit card just bc it says Lowe’s on it doesn’t mean they can expedite refunds you belligerent nightmare

If you need an appliance in a timely manner NEVER purchase one that is not in stock at the store. If you order an appliance they normally arrive within a week from the manufacturer.

The problems start when the manufacturer is out of stock in their warehouse. The store won't know it till the truck from the manufacturer shows up with a packing ticket showing the appliance is backordered. All they get from the manufacturer is that it will ship on next weeks truck if it's in stock by then. It may come next week or it may take a couple of months if it's coming on a boat from Korea.

The sad fact is that the manufacturers don't support the stores with the information they need to keep the customer informed.

The store made the error in processing your refund and sale as 2 separate transactions. They should have processed the refund and the sale as one transaction to avoid the credit problem as it always takes a few days for a refund to actually post to your account.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Anythig about this purchase
Loss

Horrible experience with Lowes contractor Jeff Young in the Rockwall, Texas store. See details below.

We purchased Range, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Microwave drawer, Washer, and Dryer. We contracted with Lowes in Rockwall, Texas to do updates to our cabinets with Cathy Anderson designer and contractor Jeff Young. After Cathy and Jeff came to our home for a walk through they were aware of our expectations. Jeff brought a man named Herb that turned out not to be a certified electrician that put some wires together for a light with our gas logs. It smoldered and melted. Repair cost us $522. plus the second man he brought to fix the lights on the same day that installation mgr Dustin Younger came to our home cost us $550. During the 2 days prior Jeff came to our home and presented us with 3 other bills that he said we owed him on the side of the Lowes contract. I called in and was told that your contractors are not allowed to do on the side jobs. Jeff came in and out of our house 4 times the next day saying if someone he brought to work at our home that he get $100. paid to him. He upset my husband and I so much that I ask him to leave and that I will call the police if he comes back to our home. I gave a picture of one of the bills Jeff told us we owed him. Jeff hired his nephew Chase to do the updates to our cabinets. Jeff was supposed to bring the materials. He failed to bring to right materials so Chase used what he sent. It looked so bad that we had to pay another carpenter to rebuild them. The Painter had to come back and prime and paint them. Back to the 2nd electrician John Vslac the Jeff brought to our home did not do the work he stated he would do and got to us for $600. in light fixtures that he said he would purchase at a wholesaler and install. We never saw these fixtures and paid for work he did not do. Our total loss for these expenses were $3,050. not to mention 6 light fixtures in our garage that turned up missing during this time. I have called Lowes customer care and you told me that the contractor is responsible to pay these expenses. I sent these expenses to Jeff Young and he agreed to pay $1,800. We told him to be fair and resolve this matter we would accept $2,500. Jeff Young wrote back this week and said due to some changes at Lowes he was only willing to pay $522. We need an answer from Lowes as to how much we are going to be refunded for our expenses. Other wise we have no choice but to turn this over to our attorney to resolve this matter. If you have any questions , please give us a call. Ricky and Teresa Langford treysmimi@att.net 903-275-6855
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • How i was treated
  • Jeff young out of the rockwall
Full refund
  • lowes rudeness
  • Bad Employees

Lowes in District 3, Mississippi - Sorry male employees

I went to Lowe’s today. To get 10 bags of concrete. There were about 3 male Lowe’s employees helping people load their vehicle. I was beside the concrete assuming they would help me also. They all walked back in the store. After waiting and no one came back out. I go in the store and asked for help. Go back out and wait. No one came. I had to load 800# of concrete by myself. Being a female getting close to 60 years old. It was difficult. I am writing this as I lie in bed with muscle spasms.

Did you go speak to them, oh wait you just stood there and expected them to read your mind. walk over to them and and ask them to help next time!

Many times the loaders have multiple people waiting. So if they didn't ASSUME you needed help before the rest of the universe we should fire them.

Sorry but their job is not to just be on standby for anyone. Yes they are hired movers but they do what their bosses tell them to do.

In your case you saw the contractor crew. They load contractors loads and not regular retail customers. As was pointed out previously, how were you going to move all that concrete once you got home? Let me guess, you would have needed help then too?

If you are whining because you had to do for yourself then you are the problem. The employees are not your personal slaves. They do not owe you extra customer services in the form of moving or assistance with moving. You are supposed to be a adult.

If you are indeed a female approaching 60 then why did you not bring a younger male to assist you? Why is it the retailers responsibility to move your purchase? You made all the choices here.

Why is it everyone’s fault but yours? At what point do you admit that you did this to yourself and are just mad that you were held accountable for the choices you made?

Dorothy P
@Anonymous

My husband and I have a Plumbing company. And I was taking it to a job where it was to be unloaded by some one other than my self.

If the store had had 40 or 60# bags it wouldn’t have been a problem.

I did ask for help look at paragraph 3. And by the way I AM a contractor.

Several problems with your complaint. Did you bother asking for help?

You are shopping at a big box discount store, not a full service store. What did you do with the concrete once you got it home?

Is it still sitting in your vehicle? If you are able to move a product once you get it home you should be able to move it at the store as well.

Dorothy P
@Anonymous

If the store had had 40 or 60# bags it wouldn’t have been a problem. I did ask for help look at paragraph 3.

@Dorothy P

Should have sent one of your employees if you can't handle the product.

View more comments (6)

Lowes - Pissed, Frustrated, Angry

1.1
Go to Home Depot, buy from Amazon or buy locally. I was in enrolled in auto payments and never logged into my account since January 2019 if not even earlier. I do not touch my account. I never want to miss a payment hence the auto payment. Everything was okay until yesterday. I received an email saying I was past due by 185!? HOW?! If it's auto pay, that makes no sense. I was at work and went through chat. Mark Joab said I un-enrolled March 14th and re enrolled...Why would I do that?!?! That makes no sense. ALL he did was give me numbers to call (three for the credit) and finally just told me to call customer service. He did NOTHING for me except the minimal, by getting rid of the late fees. YET I still owed 160... I called the number he gave me. It was an automatic response to pay my bill through the phone. I called customer service the right number today, wanting to speak to a supervisor. She transferred me to a person in the credit department, Gabby!! WTH. Can they do ANYTHING right? She was as helpful as Mark Joab. She said, alright I'll waive the late fees... They already did that! Why don't people listen?? She started getting rude at the end and I had to go back to work and at that point she was rudely, repeating herself, saying there's nothing they can do. So I was done. Lowes does nothing right. NEVER get their credit card! I've returned a 200$ item, looked at my updated account, and it increased!! This store is depressing, the people are depressing and miserable. You can NEVER find someone when you need help. They don't carry a variety and if they do, it's impossible to find in the store. The workers can't even locate it. *** will freeze over before I step into that store!

Why are you complaining about Lowes? Your credit account is with an independent credit company.

Won't be any different if you shop at other stores. I had an Amazon account that offered no interest if paid in 6 months. I always paid enough to cover 1/6 of the amount due plus any current moths purchases. They applied the entire payment each month to the 6 month purchase so it paid off right away and you ended up paying interest on current purchases.

I still purchase from Amazon but closed the account which like Lowes was with an independent credit company. Don't blame the store, blame the credit company.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • System breeched
  • Customer service
  • Credit service
Waive one month fee
  • Poor Attitude
  • Rude And Incinsiderate
  • Customer Care Attitude

Lowes in Green, Ohio - Not good

we were getting drywall loading it our self two workers walked by didnt even asked if we need help. this store is at akron ohio arlington street .we will not go back went there for a few years know .they would rather walk around talking to each other than helping customers.you have cameras all you have to do is look at the tapes.who ever your forman is isnt doing there job

You are shopping at a big box self service store. What do you expect.

Why don't you go to your local full service lumber yard if you want someone to load your product for you?

Sure, you may pay a little more but do you expect the people that are there to load your product for you to work for nothing? It was your choice to shop at a big box store to save a few bucks so you really have no reason to complain.

@Anonymous

they are payed to help you.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Your people dont help
  • Your people dont help they walk around talking to each outher

Lowes in Killeen, Texas - No customer service

I have been working on one of my rental houses in Killeen the last month and always shop at Lowes. There are a lot of employees working there. However, they are focused on Lowes needs, not the customer that is needing help. You see them walking around like on assignment or setting up merchandise shelves but no one is asking if they can help you. I normally shop at the store closer to home in Temple. They are much more focused on customer service but could use more staff. I believe the issue starts with the local management. Employees need to remember the first reason they are there is for the customer, not their supervisor.
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Poor customer service

Lowes in Doral, Florida - 4 hours later and nothing pulled

1.2
Placed the online order at 2 pm on Saturday arrived at 6pm and nothing had been done. The internet desk was closed the employee left early. They had no back up. We asked fora copy of our order they printed it we pulled it then they told us 2 items were incorrect. Why bother with online ordering.

Anonymous you are basically an idiot - why order a pizza if you are going to pick it up?? Why reserve a rental car or purchase air fare if you are going to the airport?

People order online to save time and its a service that is offered Plus if there is only one item in stock if you order it online it can be pulled and set aside for you to pick up.

Some of us have real jobs and did not work at Lowe;s for 7 years because we aren't losers like you. The number of times you responded why shop online if you are going to the store anyway shows your stupidity.

Very true, why bother ordering online if you are going to the store to pick it up anyway? If I'm shopping in the store I expect their sales people to be helping the customers IN THE STORE as a top priority rather than running around pulling orders for people that are too lazy to come in and pick Their own.

product off the shelf. If you want to order online have your order shipped to your house.

Lowes in Bluffton, South Carolina - Rude staff and Racist

I when To Lowes Today to get my Pick up order. Staff member Ashley, got my Order and told me to get my own cart to put my stuff. Another member happened to open the exit door pushing in the doors, I followed the staff member to get my cart. When I came back inside Staff member Ashley told me in front other customers with an attitude saying I cant open the door open, and if has broken I will have to pay $10,000.00 dollars, I told her I didn't touch the door I just followed her employee, she keep repeating to me well if u break it u have to pay 10k, I keep telling her I didnt touched the door. I told her if she had a problem she need it to let her staff member know that not me. Them she keep accusing me of me trying to break the door. I told her well you should do your job and have a Cart there for my Items, thats why is call Pick-Up Service. I told her to check her security cameras. She jobs blow me away with attitude and told me sign here and there is the exit.. Racist Staff member. I dont treat people for the way they look, because if that was the case I wouldn't want to deal with someone who has a earring in their nose for customer service. But I thought Lowes had a Dress Code? I guess Not... Ashley needs to Learn not to falsely accuse Customers... Im taking my business to Home Depot ....Take your business to Home Depot

You encountered one disgruntled, untrained, underpaid employee at one store in one place at one time. Insufficient reason to condemn an entire chain or promote some other chain (I've read equally bitter gripes about Home Depot).

Personally, I don't like Lowe's OR Home Depot or crummy employees anywhere. Your error was to engage with this fool and get your blood pressure up. Think logically : how could some minimum wage flunkie come up with a price of a conveniently round $10,000 to repair or replace something that hasn't been damaged ?

Is this person qualified to predict the future or provide a job estimate based upon non existent damage whose degree we cannot ascertain until if / when it happens ? Don't waste your time arguing with persons like that.

Lowes in Phoenix, Arizona - I paid for a dryer that they never had

On Nov 21 I ordered a washer, dryer and ped. I got a call saying that they would deliver it in 2 weeks. On Dec 7, I got a call 5 min. before the store closed telling me that they had the washer but no dryer. I asked when it would be in the said MAYBE the end of Jan. I had torn down shelves to make room with the taller machines. They sold me something that they didn't have. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB.
#1619737

They do not carry in store most of the appliances they sell, they order them from the manufacturer once they are sold. Some of them have to be shipped in from overseas which takes a while as ships move slowly and then the products have to go through customs when leaving or entering another country, not accounting for delays like weather conditions. If they stored every appliance that they sold in the store they would need one huuuuge building.

If it was going to take 2 weeks to deliver when you made the purchase it meant that they had to order it from the manufacturer. Normally it would deliver within.

2 weeks if the manufacturer had it in their warehouse. My guess is that you purchased either a LG or Samsung product. When their warehouses is the United States run out of an item they have to wait for it to come in from Korea. Unfortunately the stores ordering the products don't know it won't be coming till the truck gets there with the product marked as a backorder on their packing list.

Unfortunately the store has to give you the bad news. It really isn't their fault, it is the manufacturer who caused the delay and failed to inform the store as soon as they placed the order that the dryer was out of stock.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Did not have machine that i bought
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
  • Defrauding Customer

Lowes in Olympia, Washington - Would not give military discount

I was at Lowes today who always advertises a 10% Discount for military veteran's I know Home Depot offers it as well. However today even after showing my Veterans ID card the clerk said you are not in the system so we have to put you in again. Which apparently would take some time. I know it isn't worth the hassle although a long time customer and never having the problem regarding the discount in the past I'm done with Lowes.

It’s a better system now. We used to have to show our military ID every time we checked out, then we had to wait a few minutes for a manager to come and approve it.

Now, It is tied to my mylowes card. The cashier scans my card and it automatically gives me the discount.

I can now also get the discount when I buy something online and use the self checkout. Go to the customer service desk and they will help you register, it only takes 5-10 minutes.

Where are you going to shop? Plenty of vets crying about not getting discounts at Home Depot as well. Don't know where you get the idea that you are entitled to a discount and don't think you have to follow the stores policy to get one.

@Anonymous

I did follow the stores policy and showed my valid military ID I have never had the problem with Home Depot. It is not as much about the discount as the principal no offence but I'll gladly take my business elsewhere

@Anonymous

No their policy is to set up an account and you refused. Get your facts straight before you claim that you know what you're doing.

View more comments (3)