Filter by rating :
75 of 484 reviews with 2-star rating. Clear filter
filters

The worst service ever | Lowes in Humble, Texas

1.9
I had them come out and do a survey. I have never heard from them. I had to go and get one from someone else. with that i am going to have them do my whole house. I also got a refrigerator from you all, it was over a week late. the guy the brought it to us walked into my house with no one here. it had a big scratch on it. he was just going to leave it. he was very rude and he didn't want to take it back. i told him to get out and take the refrigerator back and get me another one. we called and they had to order another one because they didn't have there to give me. That took another week. I have never had this bad of service. I thought that you all were a better company then that.

Most companies or services that do surveys don't directly report the results of a survey to the people they survey? What was the survey about? Most surveys done by stores are for internal use in marketing or determining where to build new stores.

@Anonymous

Pretty sure he/she meant a detail. Where they come take measurements for whatever project you're looking into.

However, this person doesn't say whether they tried talking to the store after not hearing anything. I'm sure they tried to call to follow up and got no response back.

View more comments (1)
Review
#1319707 Review #1319707 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Lack of response

Kitchen Cabinets and Countertops | Lowes in Cicero, New York

1.5
I would like to say this was the worse experience and I would never deal with Lowe’s, Home Depot or any of these for a project like this. First I did not buy top of the line cabinets because i do not plan on staying at my house for long. So I was not offered feee delivery. If you purchase a stove and a microwave they with give you free delivery. Kind of messed up. That was just the start of disaster. The Lowe’s gentlemen’s was never available to answer any questions or concern or never returned your calls. Then called the countertertop people to tell them I am ready and they give you 6 week just to come measure your counter. Then they measure and then total disaster not going into detail all the problems I had with them no one cares. Felt like I was nothing to no one and yet I forked out over 15,000 to them. Who wants to feel like that when the spend that kind of money. word of advice stay away from local because the treat you like nothing.

They can't give free delivery on everything. Consider the time, gas, and expenses they put into delivery trucks.

Coming soon will be a change in policy completely.

There will be no free delivery for anyone or anything. Flat fee on all orders.

Don’t hire Lowe’s to install anything! | Lowes in Cincinnati, Ohio

1.9
My location is so incompetent. I can't believe the problems that I have had. I hired Lowes to install a storm door and there has been no communication and the store is calling me asking who their contractor is. I have no idea. I have called the store numerous times and used the texting feature, I texted with Jenna and then Faith and the were no help. I spoke with store manager Brain and all he did was push the issue off on someone named Brenda. I can't get ANYTHING solved. My next step is to hit social media and then maybe something will be done. If not then at least I hopefully can stop this from happening to someone else.
#1519561

A few steps to consider contacting new CEO Marvin.Ellison@lowes.com. Contact Lowe’s Excutive Customer Care.

You can definitely use social media. We have been living in a hotel for 39 days now thanks to Lowe’s. Be sure to report to BBB.

When you get the name of the contractor makes sure he is licensed in your state and can show you proof of insurance before he starts the work. Good Luck!Follow our story twitter- @cropjester IG #weboughtawasher

#1519387

My Mom, a senior living in PA, paid for Lowe's to install Stainmaster carpet. She examined carpet b4 being removed from truck...was the wrong one!

She ordered the best quality and they sent a less superior type. She refused delivery and now waiting to reschedule.

#1519433
@RMitch

I’m so sorry that happened to your mom, it seems they like to take advantage of us seniors. We save our money and get excited for something new and then this happens.

I hope they make it right for your mother. So far I have not had anyone reach out to me to make it right.

Mt Moriah is the WORST!!

Can’t even get anyone to check your order | Lowes

1.6
This is the Lowe’s on Charlotte avenue in NashvilleTn. I have been dealing with Lowe’s for over a month now trying to get someone to call me back with a price for install on carpet. First, couldn’t get anyone to show up to measure. They made appointment but never showed. Then when they did, you can’t even get a price...after speaking with a handful of sales people and 2 different managers you would think someone would help. But no such luck.and on top of that, they have my deposit. I will not deal with Lowe’s in the future. I will stick with Home Depot!

No one available | Lowes in West Mifflin, Pennsylvania

2.0
Why do the window shades people leave at 7 when the store is opened until 10? And by though they tell you they leave at 7 it is actually 6:30. There is one person covering all of electrical and plumbing. Where is the customer service?

You are shopping at a big box store. You shouldn't expect a lot of service from a big box store.

The bottom line comes above everything else in a publicly traded big box store. The easiest way to cut expenses is to cut payroll.

During the slower time of the day they will cut to a bare minimum of employees in the store. If you want great customer service go to a local store.

Now how do they expect you to tote a 7-10 ft long piece of pvc home?? | Lowes

1.5
6/29/2018 I went to Lowes to pick up 2 pvc conduit pipes( a 3/4 " and a 1") I needed them cut down to 2 ft lengths. Do you think they would do that? NO! I was so surprised....they cut blinds.. they cut lumber..but plastic pvc no. How in the world do they expect you to even get it home???? I went to customer service and of course they reconfirmed "no... we don't do that". So I called the only Home Depot store in my area which was way across town (they only have 1 Home Depot and 8 Lowes stores) They said come on over ...we do that . So if you need something other than blinds or lumber cut ..YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK!! Don't even waste your time., just head straight to Home Depot.

They do sell the PVC in 2 foot lengths.

They stopped cutting pvc due to people getting it cut and then deciding "I don't want it". That's a loss to the store.

no way there's 8:1 lowe's to HD rationo way there's --- 8 lowe's within reasonable shopping distancei did see 3 walgreens in 3-4 mile stretch once tho

#swiss army knife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring your *** saw with you or buy one and cut your own PVC. Not at all hard to do.

Employees would never get anything done if they were expected to cut every piece of material to size. Blinds are different as they take a special machine not sold to the general public to cut.

you need help to cut pvc pipe? Really? WTF!

@Anonymous

You obviously aren't a senior yet. You'll find out what it's like ...its just a matter of time. So yeah WTF back to you.

View more comments (6)
Reason of review
no REAL service to customer.
Preferred solution
The company to start considering doing what their competitor does. It's smart business.

Lowes refused to exchange my new pressure washer

2.3
I purchased a pressure washer from Lowe's in Thibodaux I went in within my 30 days could the hose had busted I wanted to exchange the hose for another hose or exchange the whole pressure washer they would not do it without the receipt I had submitted the receipt to my CPA so I had to go back and get the receipt when I return I was over my 30 days bye 11 days they would not return the pressure washer they send it in for repair and they refused to repair the pressure washer saying that it was from Impact now they're saying it's from pulling the hose too hard when there's definitely a pressure problem it blew out right at the side of the valve at the pressure relief the housing made a loud pop when the trigger was engaged so therefore I have a $400 pressure washer 40 days old and can't do anything with it can't get any help from anyone at Lowe's when the girl that was doing my return could have easily look back at the receipt I gave her the date and time that I was in the store and she could have pulled the invoice using that information as she was typing with fingernails 3 in Long she made the comment who this is too much people need to just keep that receipt they ask you for your phone number for every transaction for what reason if it doesn't do you any good if you go to return all I wanted them to do is replace the pressure washer for one that work properly I didn't need a pressure washer that idles down and then idles back up when the trigger is pressed but that is all they had in stock no one wants to make it right so now I have to move on further for something so simple as a pressure washer customer service sucks I wish we still had Sears we never had any kind of issues like this when Sears was open I'll never make a large purchase at Lowe's again i will post pictures as soon as i recieve my pressure washer back. I purchased the extended warranty as they stated when the offered me to buy it " if anything ever goes wrong in the time period lowes will have it taken care of " FALSE ADVERTISMENT TO MAKE U BUY A EXTRA 80DOLLAR WARRANTY AND WILL NOT EVEN COVER A BLOWN HOSE AND PUMP.

After 30 days it's covered by manufacturer.

how you function day to day as an adult is a mystery with your limited writing/communication skills.......................b4 you go to sears check the reviews (on this website or others)

Why is it their problem that you can't follow their policies? The will exchange it for the first 30 days, after that they get sent out for repair.

The only way to prove when you purchased a product is to provide a receipt and it isn't their fault you didn't bring a receipt in when you first came in. Quit putting the blame on someone else.

Wall of text that I Cannot read nor understand.Please use Paragraphs and Complete sentences.That makes it Much easier to read and understand What your complaint Is about.Must you Shout at the end of this wall of text?

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Poor customer service on warranty | Lowes in Hornell, New York

2.1
Sept. 17, 20176. I purchased a Husqvarna lawn tractor. It currently has 35.5 hours. This afternoon I could not get it to start. It will crank, just wont turn over. Ran the battey down and put the battery pack to it. Still wont start. I called the 888 number. The lady said she could not see my purchase on "my lowe's" card. So I called the local store. The lady at the service counter said she would transfer me to the dept that handles the local service. After 15 minutes, Daniel answered. He found the purchase on "my lowe's card. He said that the mower has a 3 year warranty but because I did not purchase the extended warranty I would have to bring the mower to Lowe's and they would send it off to be repaired. In the meantime this disabled veteran would have to push mow just over an acre of grass while the mower will be out for god knows how long. I was under the impression that the local Lowe's store had qualified service people to stand behind their products in the event of a failure. Looks like the biggest failure here was me. I should have gone to the local guy who makes house calls and even loans me a rider in the event something can't be fixed on site. Lowe;s, you burned me once, but never again!

why would you think Lowe's has a service department?

Fred T

A follow up to my post. I called the local dealer/service shop.

I explained what was going on. He was here within 15 minutes. There was a problem with the fuel system. He said it's common with this brand of tractor.

Charged me $135.00 and my mower is running within an hour.Up yours lowes!

I will be paying off my lowes card tonight and closing the account. I would rather drive 50 miles that spend another dime with you.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Very frustrated and done with lowes
Warranty issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Lawn Tractor Warranty Non Service

Building supplies | Lowes in Nashua, New Hampshire

2.1
4x8 sheets of shed paneling. Can’t get through aisle do to aisle is full of material that is off loaded. This is not the first time. Every weekend I’ve been over there and just walk out. I’d have to wait over an hour to get someone to move all the stuff piled up. Plus nothing is low on the shelf’s. Seems paneling is tossed onto other kinds. And the prices are all over the place. Very confusing.

It seems like that if every weekend you go there you encounter problems and walk out you'd start saving time and shop elsewhere. There are plenty of other places you could go to get the materials you need for your projects. Why do you continue to go back if you will just end up leaving without what you came for?

@Anonymous

Because when you start a project but the material cost over $10,000 but you do it at a little at a time, the material from other stores do not match.So before you post, think. Unless your not a builder.

You’d know that every store does NOT carry the same material. Might be similar, but doesn’t match up to existing material.

@Anonymous

Doesn't sound like your project will ever get done if you keep walking out and don't go anywhere else for materials, or was your post just exaggerating the fact that you walk out every weekend you've been over there.

@Anonymous

Hmmm. You must be a tenant, not a homeowner.

Customer service, what customer service? | Lowes in Springfield, Massachusetts

2.3

Update by user Jul 07, 2018

Resolved: I received a call from Lowe’s customer service after posting my experience and was told someone from the store would be contacting me. The next day one of the managers whose name was Nick reached out to me and helped.

Once I told him my issue was how I had to inconvenience my brother by using his truck ( he’s a contractor and it is loaded with all his tools for work ) he confirmed that a set was in stock and had delivered to me on Sunday. Perfect. Nick was great, honest and professional.

My wife was thrilled that we didn’t have to go somewhere else and she got the patio set she wanted. Alls well that ends well, Thank you Nick.

Original review posted by user Jun 07, 2018

On Sunday my wife and I went to Lowe’s to look for a furniture set for the deck. We picked one out and payed for it then. Told them we would come back and pick it up on Thursday as I needed to borrow a truck. When we arrived we were informed by a very frustrated clerk that the table was not in stock. She told me it would be at least a week before it came in. I got a refund. I went home looked at the receipt and went online and checked the 2 other Lowe’s within 20 miles of me. They both have the table in stock. My question is why wouldn’t they at least call another store for me to inquire if there was one available. I’ve so had it with Lowes, anything more then light bulbs and I will be on my way to Ace. Enough with this crap. Worst customer service ever!!!!

How petty and demanding of you.

@Madge

Is it petty and demanding of me to pay 700.00 for a product and schedule a pick up 4 days later and expect the product to be in stock? Is it petty and demanding of me to maybe wonder why they didn’t offer to call a store near by to see if they had one.

I would have picked it up!’ I don’t ask for special treatment just good customer service. The service in these big stores is the way it is because people like Madge except it.....so sad.

@Doug

Did you ask them to call another store? There are a lot of people that wouldn't think of driving 20 miles to pick something up. Keep in mind you would have still had to get a refund and buy it again when you got to the other store.

View more comments (2)