Boyce, Louisiana
2.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I called in an order today because my website checkout has not been working properly the last few weeks. I placed my order with Danica (super nice and helpful BTW), who confirmed my order and its delivery to the Nacogdoches, Texas location, which is the closest store to me.

She totalled my order and told me that Lowe's would be calling me today or tomorrow, because they had one of the items in stock. (The reason I called to place the order is that I had just been in the Nacogdoches location and saw the item, but it was priced $30 to $40 higher than their website advertised)

Sure enough, the Nacogdoches location called, but it was to tell me I couldn't have the item in stock because it was the display, and that they did not know if they'd be receiving anymore. Now, mind you, I have already invested a ton in this project and needed that item, and was told by Danica that I could buy it, only to have the Nacogdoches store tell me they'd refund my money so I could go find it elsewhere. Their Lufkin location had some in stock, but I had to suggest that they move one from the Lufkin location to Nacogdoches for me to pick up....they seemed very perturbed at the suggestion that THEY handle it, rather than refunding my money and making the hour drive to the location myself to buy it. Even when I buy a vehicle, the dealer locates it and arranges to bring it to that location.

Makes me question the over 10 years of business I and my family have given them. The manager was in the background being very unhelpful, just as unhelpful as the associate on the phone.

If this item comes in and they attempt to charge me the $30 to $40 difference in the online vs. in store price, I will be filing a formal complaint against them for false advertising. Extremely unhappy with the Nacogdoches location's sub par performance. Home Depot may be getting a new customer soon.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Customer Care.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

Being a senior citizen I find sub par customer service is the norm today. Loews is hardly alone but my past experience with Home Depot was worse.

However, they seems to have improved somewhat. The main issue today is the drive for performance to satisfy Wall Street. The CEO's make their eye popping salaries and to achieve their lofty goals, have to trim costs somewhere. I wonder if by the transfer you mentioned one store gets no credit for the sale while the other does.

Seems if you buy online but pick up at store, they do not get credit for the sale at retail. Might do better face to face then on the phone or online.

I suggest you shop at Costco. The service there is excellent and as new member I can see why people keep going back.