My husband and I have been loyal Lowes customers for years. Approximately one year ago, we were pleased to learn of Lowes veterans discount. J** served our country in Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo, and Haiti. While in those countries, he was blown up on three

occasions, losing some of his comrades and suffering injuries of his own. Today, we visited our local, Texas store in Atascocita (7355 FM 1960 Rd. East 77346), and discovered that Lowes has now changed its veterans discount policy. We are only allowed discounts four times per year?

I wonder how the people of the United States would react if our soldiers only chose to protect this country four days per year. I assume that the policy has changed in the face of too many men and women returning from war torn countries and trying to take advantage of a 10% discount.

What if the military and Department of State elected to only offer the rest of us, as U.S. citizens, 10% protection in the face of terrorism? I'm more disappointed in your decision than I can put into words. A small discount seems little to offer in the face of what these men and women have sacrificed for the rest of us.

Comments

Hi, I am Chris from FootballAffiliates.com. With football seaosn here we are looking for website owners who want to significantly increase what their site is earning.

We offer a 50% commission (which is $23-25 per sale). Our product converts like crazy and really sells itself. Millions of people want to watch football online and our product fills their need. Most of our affiliates just place one of our banners on their site and they make anywhere from $25-$500 per day.

Even if your website is not about football we've had people simply write one article and place a text link to our product and they earn hundreds per month. If you like more information please check out our high level description at FootballAffiliates.com or you can view our affiliate platform. If you have any questions I welcome them, please send me an email and we can discuss anything you would like to know.

Thanks for your time. Chris

I applaude our soldiers; be they active or retired or any other honerable status in between.

If Lowes decides to take away the discount does this make them a horrible company? NO it does not!

So what is being said is that once a discount is given it can't be stopped? What sort of entitlement mongering is that? Do you not shop at other places that do not give a discount and never have? I think not!

Are they horrible companies because they don't give a discount? Once again the answer is NO.

I am truly sorry for the veterans that were injured in battle or otherwise.

But you cannot tell me that you didn't know the dangers of joining a military. Did you honestly think that you would sit around the barracks playing soldier while getting paid to do so, and never have to go to war?

Where did you get the Idea that the military is entitled to be shot at, Roadside Bombed, blown up, Killed, And tortured to protect your retarded *** A&&? They are entitled.

Lets fly you over and drop you off in the sand box and then after 2 years bring you home and not give you anything for it. Dont *** with the Vets you punk.

And to the Vets and actives Thank you. I love my freedom!

To ????, you are an ignorant ***

enjoy your military discount. lowes just cut all commissions and spiffs from their sales specialists. this should cover the military discount fully without an additional nickel from the corporation.

I always am thankful lowes and another gives this 10% discount. No limits.

Almost no restrictions. Every day of the year they are open.

This is a private company trying to say thank you.

Thank you lowes for the support of our military.

You need a valid military or veterans id. A dd-14 could belong to anyone and could be printed online.

It also takes up way too much time at a register to have to look for what kind of discharge you got and then to have to check another form of id. This policy was put into place so people weren't scamming and printing fake discharge papers to get a discount. Wouldn't you feel less honored of we didn't care to check?

And ps.. Most places will take the dd-14 even though it is against policy because we do support the troops.

Lowes gives a discount for veterans every day as long as there is a valid military photo ID. you can use a dependency card, VA card or active card.

on patriotic holidays we offer the 10% to those with or without the ID.

so a dd214 will work only on those days. hope this helped.

Awka, Anambra, Nigeria #363899

Where did you get the idea that the military is entitled to ANY discount? I don't think it is a part of the benefits package.

Should teachers, police and fire employees get a discount as well? How about the clergy, students, doctors, nurses?

Where do you stop? Be thankful for any discount that is offered.