Product: Lowes Deal Clear all filters (7 of 7 reviews match)
Filter by rating

Lowes in Oneida, New York - Bad customer service

Update by user May 27

nothing at all

Original review posted by user May 26

recently tried to buy a husqvarna riding lawn mower. we found a sale in one store, but were told they did not have it in stock as it was a "non stock" (clearance) item. went to another store that did have the same item, yes it was "non stock" there as well, but they were only willing to give the current sale price, not the clearance price...contacted customer service and was told, that yes they were supposed to honor the clearance price from the other store. gave them the details.. when all was said and done, they refused to honor the sale price due to the first store not having it in stock..ummm why would i be shopping around if the first store had the item i was looking for? they lost $2000 in sales today, plus all future sales (we own our own home and do our own repair work) for a lousy $400.. not good business in my book.. i even told them i would be shopping at home depot from now on, and they didnt care..totally disgusted and will no longer shop there.

It's easy to offer a low price on an item you don't have. You should have checked the price before driving to another store.

If you were selling something would you mark your price down because someone who didn't have the item said they would sell it for less?

I will agree with h.kitchener about buying lawn tractors from a dealer. You will get a better quality product from someone who can actually offer service if you need it.

Susan S
@Anonymous

the point is, that by not honoring the price, they have lost business both current and future and they don't care. good customer service means nothing to them

@Susan S

If you were a store manager would it bother you to loose business that didn't bring any profit to your store? Managers earn bonuses based on how much profit the store makes, not how many customers come through the door. You are dealing with a store manager that is smart enough to know that they will be able to sell the tractor for the price they are asking rather than discounting it $400.

@Anonymous

Again..customer service advised that it is the policy to honor another branch "non stock" sale price at a different branch if it is in stock, however, they do not have to honor the "non stock" sale price if the original branch is out of stock on said item. this is the issue..it is on the clearance rack at all stores but not at the clearance sale price.

the point is, honoring the price, they have lost business both current and future and they don't care. good customer service means nothing to them.

Machele

Maybe you got lucky in not being able to buy a husqvarna riding lawn mower. From what I have read, they have some reliability issues.

You would get a much better lawn tractor by wandering over to your local John Deere dealer---not a big box store that sells John Deere---and buying one from them. I have had JD machines for decades and currently am down to but three of them. Very reliable; the dealer takes care of any problems; and with proper care will last years and years.

When you buy from a dealer you come first if any problems arise, not the guy who bought one from a big box store. All sorts of sizes and capabilities and all made much better than any other brand.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Deal
Cons
  • Dont care about good customer service all about the money

Lowes - Changing sales prices in the middle of sale

Lowes - Changing sales prices in the middle of sale
This company makes change in the middle of there sale just because they can and they want behind there customers i saved this in my cart and was going to buy from them after i made sure it was the best for me and i shopped around and everyone who had this frig was the same price as i looked. But they all changed there adds and price went up so lowes in the middle of there add changed there price and tried telling me i was looking at another frige and i told then no it was the same one that has been in cart for over 5 days. They try to make the customer look like there wrong while there really cheating us for there mistakes. Such bull buyers beware.

It says right on their website, WEEKLY ADS. So they change. and saving it in the cart does nothing but keep it for you so you don't have to search it again.

Just because you put an item in your cart doesn't mean any store will hold a price till you pull the trigger and make the purchase. The price was good the day you put it there.

After that the price may stay the same, go up or go down. I can pretty much guarantee you wouldn't have made a post complaining if the price had gone down and they wanted to charge you less than the price it was when you put it in the cart.

@Anonymous

Like i said if you would have read everything. The sale said till the 9th and it’s not the 9th yet and me pulling the trigger shouldn’t Matter if the sale hasn’t ended.

I have never had a sale Change in the middle of it.

So your logic means *** about it dropping it shouldn’t go up until it ends. I’m just saying

@Anonymous

That’s the way it works with all retailers on the internet. They have the right to change the price at any time. With Lowe’s, to lock in the price, you can go to the store and get a written estimate which is good for up to 30 days.

@Anonymous

Prices continually change on the internet. If a competitor drops their prices you will see prices fall and move back up as the competitor raises their price back up.

Lets say Lowes sale price started at $999 and Best Buy dropped their price to $899 on the 3rd, Lowes would follow. If on the 5th, Best Buy went to $999 Lowes would take their price back to $999.

Putting the item in your cart on the 4th won't get you the $899 price on the 6th. If you see a price on the internet you like pull the trigger and make the purchase.

@Anonymous

Clearly the poster's logic means more than your banal and stupid complaint. How do I know, you told us the logic is sound by not getting what you wanted loser... Please do not reproduce.

View more comments (5)
Pricing issue

Lowes in Avon Park, Florida - After product was ordered and confirmed, they cancelled it saying it was out of stock

Got an early morning e-mail from Lowes Pros with an offer for a Pressure Washer for half of its original price. I jumped on it first thing and was delighted to see it was in stock and the order went thru. Two days later, I received an e-mail telling me that the item was no longer in stock. I called and told them I wanted to keep the order open and avoid cancellation. I was willing to wait for the item. The next day I received another e-mail stating the order was canceled. When I called in, the person I spoke to was rude and spoke over me as I tried to talk. She was adamant that they could not fill the order. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he or she refused to speak to me. They offered me another pressure washer for $100 more money plus shipping with a 10% off discount. The one I ordered had free shipping. My order # placed on 10/15 is 35756958. Needless to say, this experience has left a terrible taste in my mouth and I don't plan on doing business with Lowes in the future. I understand that the item I purchased was a very good deal and perhaps Lowe's error was to offer it at such a reduced price. This feels to me like bait and switch and I won't fall for such practices from a company I used often and trusted. The thing to do would have been to either wait for the product to be reordered or to offer another similar product at the same great price, not an upcharge and customer pay shipping. I am extremely upset over this event and need to be heard.

Please contact us and quote 11076654 and we will be happy to deliver the product and add an extra discount, apologies.

When I went in my local store a week later, low and behold, they had three in stock at a higher price than before the discounted one. So, no, not a clearance item.

Yes they should have found me one at the price quoted.

All I’ll buy there now is rocks. They can’t damage those.

They should have gotten you one from another store and charged you the price that you were quoted. It may have costed them a few bucks, but it would have been a small price to pay for keeping a good loyal customer.

Sounds like this was a clearance item. The store cancelled because they cannot receive more in stock.

That's why it's been clearanced.

They cannot keep an order they cannot fulfill. It's that simple.

Most likely it was a clearance item. Ince they are gone, they are gone. These Big box stores are notorious for haveing wrong inventory counts.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Deal
Cons
  • Getting the run-around
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes - Deceptive promo

2.5
Lowe's sent out a promo that reads : Use your new Lowe's advantage credit card to get 10% off. Or choose 18 months special financing on purchases of $299 or more. When presented with this coupon at check out, the cashier Debbie (Lowes on Santa Barbara Blvd, Cape Coral, Fl) refused to provide the 10% discount on the cash purchase claiming that the purchase was less than $299. I pointed out to her that the promo requires $299 purchase only if the financing option was taken. She said she was a college English major and that she was correct in reading the promo. The supervisor was called who essentially let the cashier do the talking and of course, insisted that she was correct. I backed out of the purchase just for the principle. The promo was either fraudulent if the cashier and supervisor was correct OR these employees were ignorant both in terms of basic English and customer service. No wonder Home Depot is doing much better (stock valuation) than Lowe's when they both are in the same type of business .... except for the people serving the customers. These employees may just be making all the difference between them.
fraudulent promotion
Preferred solution
Terminate the employment of the cashier and the supervisor

Lowes - Deal Review

4.8
Lowes has signs up saying that there in stock cabinets are 30 percent off the thing is the sign is up high to where you cant read the fine print. We was going to buy some cabinets that we need but the man from lowes said you have to read the fine print it was for just 2 kinds of in stock not all in stock. I think that is very deceiving and should never put a sign up over the ones that isnt on sale.very very disappointed.

Lowes - Complete ***

The main Lowe's website states"If a competitor is offering a percent off discount,we'll match the final net price the competitor is offering" that's a complete lie, the local store refuses to honor that when you call the customer care line they agree with you and when you explain what the local store said they talk to their supervisor and the supervisor say's no we wont accept their percentage off. The *** on the phone says we'll beat their price by 10% on one appliance and since you're buying 3 appliances you'll get a 100.00 gift card. They're complete idiots. The other store's discount is an additional 15% off the lowest price which in my case was 502.00 dollars yup taking 100.00 off one appliance and getting a 100.00 gift card is almost equal to the 502.00 dollar savings.

It's obvious there is something missing to your story. If the competitor is truly offering a much better deal why didn't you just buy it there?

Sounds like you want Lowes to give 15% off their price which is more than likely lower than the competitors price. You need to look at the bottom line price, not the amount of the discount you get. Some stores mark their products up more so they can give you a bigger discount. Look at Kohls...they may advertise a product with a 50% off sale price, let you apply a 30% discount coupon to that and give you $15 in Kohl's cash for every $50.

you spend. I paid $26 for product today and saved $83.

I just look at this as not being overcharged by $83. So get over the amount of the discount and buy the appliances from the store that gives you the best bottom line purchase price, not the biggest discount.

Why price match in the first place?

Just go to where the best price is for what you want to buy.

It is that simple.

View more comments (1)
Review
#961970 Review #961970 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Deal
Cons
  • Are all morons
Other issue
they'll find out

Lowes in East Rutherford, New Jersey - Lowe's Dishonered Price Match

We went to Lowe's East Rutherford, NJ on 11/18/2016 to buy 3 appliances worth over $4000 and they did not honor to match their price with their competitors price for one of the item we wanted to buy (printed papers for the lower price offer) and the appliance department manager, I believe the name was Kevin, gave us every excuse not to match that price but he agreed to match other two appliances prices surprisingly. For the item that he didn't want to price match, first he said he can not match because they are not MAJOR competitor (the price given was a local appliance store and they also sell online), and then he said their price on the website is not discounted right away (because the discount was like see the price on the checkout type on their website), and after all his excuses proven wrong his final excuse was that as a store department manager he has power to deny any price and he used his privilege not to honor their price match guarantee. The reason he kept giving me was that price difference is too much according to him (difference was $350 for that item) They have offered us again to price match with the other two appliances (because their prices were not much different $150 for two items) we have refused and left Lowe's East Rutherford, NJ without any purchase because of their dishonest and unprofessional practice. Our next stop was the Home Depot of Lodi. After we showed the same offers and printed papers to their store manager, they have matched all the prices right away any question asked. Their store manager was so professional and she processed our purchase quickly and explained everything in detail. We ended up adding also 3 years protection plan from them for all three appliances. Our total bill was $4200 and we saved approx $500. So if you are planning to buy appliances or any home improvement items and need price match just go to Home Depot, don't even bother with Lowe's.

I don't understand why some losers putting their idiotic comments here. Scam the store out of business?

Seriously? The real scammers are them since they do not stand behind their promotion.

Yes, they are dishonest because they are trying to get rid of you by using BS reasons at first and once you question their BS reasons , they start taking different steps which is still questionable. It clearly states in their policy however when it comes to applying it they are becoming incompetent.

So i didn't get how did you get to the conclusion that i was scamming them? By just asking something that they are offering ?

Like you mentioned if i was a dishonest scammer like some people there are tons of way to do that, however I was ready to pay $4000 instead of $4700 that was the whole deal.

The reason that i did not wanted to get it from Lowe's was because i also had a discount coupon from Lowe's then i learned that they would not apply any other coupons if they are price matching.

Also i wanted to have protection plan from Home Depot or Lowe's instead of the local store which seemed more reliable to me.

As i mentioned Home Depot has price matched because everything was legit in this case otherwise they would not agree as well.

They are dishonest... because they said no up front?

They never lied to you. They are unprofessional because they couldn't afford it on that product but offered a total of $300 off of the two other appliances that they have more margin on in order to compensate for your inconvenience?

Failed scam=your fault. If you were smart you would've just took the deal kicked them all during install blamed the install guy and got wayyy more back.

Just go where the best price is for the product you want to buy.

It is that simple.

I have to wonder why you didn't just go to the local store that had the lower price in the first place. You usually get better service at the local shops.

Is the reason you went to Lowes was that the local shop wouldn't honor the price (misprint in the ad) or didn't have any more available at that price? Seems like you are leaving part of the story out in your complaint.

Meggie

I wish these companies would just do away with the "price match" BS. It leads to customers like the one above coming in and trying to scam the store out of business.

You found the product for a lower price somewhere else? Cool story. Go buy it somewhere else. At the end of the day, things like "price match" doesn't impact normal people.

We go out looking for a product.

If the price is too much, we go buy it elsewhere. No reason to look like a pathetic *** begging for a handout.

View more comments (5)
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Contact Lowes Customer Service