Product: Lowes Delivery Service Clear all filters (8 of 336 reviews match)
filters
State:
Show
City:
Show
Product:
Lowes - Washer and Dryer Deliver - Can't Be This Difficult
Lowes - Washer and Dryer Deliver - Can't Be This Difficult
My wife and I came into our Loews to purchase a washer and dryer, seems simple, BUT! We were told sorry, but the Washer and Dryer you need is not available in the McDonough, GA store. We were given two other stores Newnan and Stockbridge to call for dryer and washer....
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Products
Cons
  • Sence of urgency family days without w &d and counting
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Non Caring

Lowes in Harriman, Tennessee - Delivery issue

Lowes - Delivery issue
Lowes - Delivery issue
Lowes delivered new riding mower and the truck ran over and destroyed mailbox. It has been three weeks, twice talking and emailing servpro and still nothing. Manager was very rude and did not make any attempt to resolve the situation.
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Being treated badly for something that was not my fault
Preferred solution
Provide mbx and pot and a stipend for doing it myself

Lowes in Glendale, Arizona - Tile order all screwed up

2.4
Lowes - Tile order all screwed up
Went with my mom to purchase tile for my house. My mom made the purchase for me and we specified that the tile would need to be delivered to my address. The staff told us they didn't have enough tile at the store to complete my order so they said they would call me when the order was ready to be delivered. I told them I had no problem waiting for the order.. We paid for our order and waited several days for them to call. About a week after that, they attempted to deliver 5 pallets of mixed dye lot tiles to my house" not even the correct order." Well i had no idea that my order was ready to deliver because I never received a call, nor did my mother. Nobody answered the door at my house since we had not expected a delivery yet. The driver decided to take the order to my mothers home instead. My mom, at that time, had assumed that they had scheduled the delivery with me ahead of time and that maybe I had made a mistake of not answering the door or not being home for the drop off. So she told them to just leave the 5 pallettes of tile outside on her carport because she didn't know what else to do. Later that day i got home and found out what happened so I called lowes to inform them that this delivery had never been scheduled ahead of time. I requested that they "schedule" a re delivery to the correct house with the correct order, so that I can be aware of the delivery and prepare for it. They assured me that they would redeliver the pallette the next day anytime from 8am to 12pm. The next day, i waited at home for the delivery, nobody showed up so i called lowes again. I spoke with a different staff member this time and she told me that the driver had no idea that he was supposed to redeliver the tile that day. He said that my mother already accepted the tile. So I explained everything again to this new staff member. I explained that the delivery was never scheduled with me or my mother, we had no idea the order was even ready. I explained that the order was wrong as well and that the dye lot numbers did not match. There were several different types of boxes with different dye lot numbers on them all mixed within these pallettes. I should have had all of the same exact dye lot numbers on all of the boxes. We spent over 2,000 on this order of tile and specified a certain dye lot # for the entire order because we wanted the tile to match through the whole house. The original sales lady told us to order all of the same dye lots so that we don't end up with mismatched tiles and that is what we did. Anyway, the new staff member explained that the driver was possibly confused. She told me that she rescheduled the delivery of the correct order for another day.. So now I am expecting the delivery and I am at least aware that it is supposed to be delivered on a certain day. Hopefully they deliver the correct order this time but I am not confident that they will. Im not sure they will even show up at all.. I hope Im not stuck with 5 huge pallettes of mismatched tiles. I will probably ask for a refund if nobody shows up to deliver on the specified day or if they deliver the wrong order again. At that point I will probably just buy my tile from a different company.

Update: today a staff from Lowes called and informed me that they had decided to refund my money. Then, she said that I could just pay for my order over the phone and that she would just pull my order from other stores and have them delivered.

This makes no sense to me at all. I had not asked for a refund although I had been damn tempted to. Why would they refund my money and then call me to ask me to pay for my order all over again? This sounded so shady and now I have a really bad feeling about this situation.

I only need three pallettes of tiles with matching dye lots, this shouldn't be this difficult to accomplish. Anyway, I told the staff that I would have to confirm that a refund had been sent and credited back onto my debit card before arranging to pay for the order all over again. I explained that I did not want to be charged twice for the same order. Well, I called my bank and the customer service rep with my bank informed me that a refund had not been credited to my account and that there was no refund pending from Lowes.

So, I called Lowes and asked to speak with the same staff member that had called me earlier to inform me about "the refund." apparently that staff was on a lunch break so I will have to try again later. I am so tired of dealing with this. Why cant they just get the order right, pull the correct 3 pallettes with matching dye lots, schedule the delivery with me, drop off the correct order to the correct house and also it would help out a lot if they sent a sober delivery driver.

The last delivery driver reeked of alcohol and sounded confused. To be continued

Update: Today they attempted to deliver another order of mismatched pallettes of tile with different dye lots. Whoever pulls the orders at the warehouse seems to just pull random pallettes with different dye lot numbers..

I just looked at the pallettes before the delivery driver even bothered to get them off the truck. I spoke with the staff at the store again and she told me that she would personally pull my order. The delivery driver offered to pull my order himself as well. At least i don't have huge pallettes of "random" tile sitting outside my moms carport anymore lol.

The delivery driver picked them up. Will try one more time and see what happens :/

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - Horrendous Customer Experience

1.7
Lowes - Horrendous Customer Experience
I went into the store and purchased a washer and dryer (didn't finance, but 100% purchased). They said the earliest they could deliver it would be a week and a half later. A week after the purchase I received a call saying they no longer had that set available for me. I HAVE NO WASHER AND DRYER AND A TON OF DIRTY LAUNDRY! Then, they tried to sell me a very inferior washer and dryer for the SAME AMOUNT so they could get it to my house sooner. I immediately went somewhere else and got the first model I had originally purchased from a competitor retailer. Lowe's didn't own up to the mistake and didn't go out of their way to make a decent resolution for me. Horrific customer service. Mistakes happen, but it's how they're dealt with that shows people the professionalism of a business and its employees. Looks like it's Home Depot for me here on out.
Machele
#1471908

Not sure why you are so distressed. Lowe's found out they could not supply you with the model you wanted and called when they found out.

They offered you a different set which you refused so the sale was cancelled.

It's nice you got the same model from another retailer, so what is the problem here? Sounds like you just want to complain about something.

The reason you had to wait a week and a half is they had to order it from the manufacturer. If the manufacturer had no more available, what did you expect them to do? Either you choose another model from them or do as you did and found someone that still had the models you wanted on hand.

View more comments (1)
Order processing issue

Lowes in Webster, New York - Took the day off from work - they never showed up

2.5
Lowes - Took the day off from work - they never showed up
I went to the Lowes Webster, NY store on 4/16/2018 to finalize my decision on which refrigerator to purchase. On Tuesday 4/17/2018, I made my decision and called the same store and placed an order for a Whirlpool WRT518SZFM. I received an email on 4/18/2018 confirming my purchase. On Monday 4/23/2018 I received a voice mail concerning the delivery. In a return call I made I was told my new refrigerator would be delivered on Thursday 4/26/2018. I arranged to take the day off from work. I received a phone call Wednesday evening 4/25/2018 telling me the “delivery window” for my new refrigerator would be a 4 hour window centered around 3:00 pm Thursday 4/26/2018. At 2:34PM Thursday 4/26/2018 I received a call from someone identifying them selves as a Lowes delivery truck person, telling me that my new refrigerator would be delivered within 30 minutes. I removed all food from my working though VERY loud refrigerator so that it could be set aside, and the new one put in its place. As one, two, three hours went by with NO further contact, I contacted Lowes. I was surprisingly told that my old refrigerator was to be picked up today, Thursday 4/26/2018, and my new refrigerator delivered on 4/29/2018. I was shocked that no one from Lowes would do ANYTHING to retain my business, other then say “we’re sorry”. I can go to Rochester, NY small claims court, file a small claims lawsuit for a $10 fee, for 1) cost of my loosing a day of work, 2) loss food due to your telling me the delivery was 30 minutes away. Lowe’s options would be 1) send an employee to argue against my claim, perhaps paying that person $10 an hour for the 20 minute drive there, the 20 minute wait until my case is heard, the 20 minute argument, and the 20 minute return drive. So, perhaps $20 for that persons time. Then there’s the chance I’d win my case. Or 2) you could ignore the small claims suit, and I would win by default. And still, NO ONE from Lowes company will do anything more then say “we’re sorry”.
Review
#1241973 Review #1241973 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Birds flying through their store
Cons
  • Waiting for a delivery that never happened
  • Virtually no response from lowes
Poor customer service
Full refund
Tags
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE

Lowes - Farmville lowe's doesnt care about Customers (Goods Damaged)

Lowes - Farmville lowe's doesnt care about Customers (Goods Damaged)
First, it was raining and the item was moved off the truck and set in wet soil. Then they entered my residence without cleaning off the item or a least wiping their feet. Upon showing them location and the possible need to change the door configuration, they proceeded back to the truck to remove the non-boxed refrigerator. The item was moved (extremely tight move with the refrigerator touching the door frames and had to be nudged, shoved ) through two doors then the kitchen door which did not open the extra inch. They removed my house door (100+ years old 34-inch solid wood) still damaging the sides of the refrigerator, my door hinge finish, scratching my wood floor, and gouging the kitchen flooring. The driver disregarded the manufacturer’s instructions in Owner’s Manual in a text box (with an exclamation point!) on page 13, “NOTE: When it is necessary to move the refrigerator through a narrow opening, removing the doors is the recommended procedure. If it is necessary to remove the handles, follow the instruction below. The appearance of the handle may vary from what is shown in the illustrations.” Remove the refrigerator door, not my home doors! They had to reverse the door anyway, as the Lowe’s salesperson told us, so this would have been part of the delivery process. After placing the item and removing some of the plastic material they stated, "They only allow so much time and we have other deliveries so you'll have to call this 1-800 number to get the door changed. It’ll take 34-45 minutes". My wife called the number and the store to complain and requested the door be changed, and that a new professional crew be assigned. Now we’re two more days without use which is the earliest installation date. To note: we were notified of your policy that any door changing or leveling would be handled by the delivery personnel. And we tried to help by providing a 7-day delivery window. Lowe's local Customer Service called the morning (Sunday) they were scheduled to return to reverse the door and left a voice mail stating they’re “throwing in another washer hose for my leaking washer”. My wife called back and attempted to tell the customer service person the actual situation. The person (which would only provide his first name) WOULD NOT ALLOW my wife to speak. I could hear this in another room. Believing my wife was talked to in a disrespectful manner, I took over the phone call. Your service agent WOULD NOT ALLOW me to talk, finally after MULTIPLE “please let me talk” and then a direct demand, I was allowed to provide a list of the damage/complaints and ended the conversation with no apparent result. Later, a follow-up call was made and we were notified that a manager would call in 24 hours. A few hours beyond that period a manager at the Farmville, Virginia store responded asking about the leak!! Where is the leak! Again, we bought a refrigerator, not a washer. He made the customary apologies and asked my wife about the problems with the driver. Our answer was then, as it is now, they ignored the instructions, which damaged our house and a new refrigerator. My wife said he could call my husband if wanted. He did not want to and refused.
#1419566

Well, dryer went out, no response from Lowes about this complaint, So to Sears I go to a hometown store. Service was great, purchased item.

A quality Kenmore not a cheap Roper!

Seem like Lowes would care? Think before you shop, if the town or store does not support your values or service expectations "SHOP ELSE WHERE"!

No response to letter or calls. I will try the BBB, who knows maybe they will answer them. If they even care.

Went to home depot yesterday what a change in attitude of store employees, I can say it was a happy experience. Military Discount Yea!

No response to letter to store and Head Quarters. On to the CEO and BBB.

Consider never using Lowes as your box supplier. I will not even hire contractors' that use this store and the list grows!

It's always a good idea to make sure the appliances you buy will fit through your doors, especially if you have an old house with odd size doors. It's people like you that screw up the delivery schedule for everyone behind you.

@Anonymous

If the manufactures instructions were followed their would be no damage to the refrigerator. Now the added damage was not just sloppy and careless movers, but me screwing up, Make a internet search, a lot of customers screwing up, don't you think?

(XPO) I don't see how its the customers fault that service was not provided. But thinking a old houses is problem is also dumb! I can only believe that you have a horse in this complaint.

I hope Mr. Niblock see things different.

@Anonymous

It is ridiculous of you to blame a customer for damage caused to the home and purchased product during a Lowe's delivery. Lowe's is in the business of making home deliveries, and as a business, they have a responsibility to provide competent services with trained employees who are capable of navigating the most common of issues, such as size of entryway and product.

Only a true idiot would run a business that penalizes customers with horrible service if that customer does not anticipate a complication like this. Any good business understands that customers do not anticipate common complications as automatically as the experienced business does. Lowe's has encountered the issue thousands of times. Common sense would compel Lowe's to address such concerns with their customers ahead of time, especially since it is Lowe's who charges a significant delivery fee.

If the customer had to have all the knowledge and capability in the matter, then he wouldn't be paying Lowe's to do this for him!

There is an enormous malfunction in Lowe's selection and training of delivery workers, who DO represent the company, and need to have the sense to follow their own company's written instructions for responding to this kind of situation.

It is Lowe's responsibility to complete other deliveries in a timely manner, and anyone with basic thinking skills would devise a business plan that accomodates and anticipates a delivery complication.

Don't be the kind of fool who blames a previous customer on the schedule for the unprofessional planning and execution of services by the company who is PAID to do the job!

@PurpleTantrum

Um... Delivery is free on appliances at Lowes

Lamyah

Company please correspondence by email, phone conversation with them is part of the problems.

View more comments (8)
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Delivery
  • Cust
  • Customer service
Damaged or defective

Lowes - Unprofessional Driver Delivery
They delivered the items that I ordered and they charged to my account for removal of old item. It was so cleared that they will removed the old items as per stated in email as confirmation. I was so disappointed the attitude of the delivery personnel especially the small hispanic guy. This will be my last business to this establishment. And even the Supervisor and Manager I speak with on the phone can not do something because I requested to return the item from my house because I don't have a extra space. A very bad day and very bad experienced to Lowe's. I attached the pictures below the Truck License Place and DOT number.
Full refund

Lowes Deceptive Ordering and Happy Review Policy

Lowes Deceptive Ordering and Happy Review Policy
Lowes has an amazingly sweet staff designed to grab your money quick but then try to get your merchandise delivered and don't complain about our terrible service. When the refrigerator in my condominium died I started searching for a replacement online for a unit that would match the limited space available. I found a match on the Lowes website but their delivery and pick-up policy was not clear so I called the company for clarification before placing the order. I explained that my niece was living in the unit and I needed the unit delivered as soon as possible as she had a new baby and milk in the freezer that had to stay frozen. The women on the line told me that the unit included free delivery and pickup of the old unit and delivery would be no problem. I thanked her and said I would go online and order it and she told me that I could place the order with her and there would be no need to go back to the website. We received the order notification via email and I forwarded it to my niece to schedule delivery. She called me back within minutes to tell me that the unit would not be delivered for at least 2 weeks as it was a special order item - this was never mentioned when Lowes took the order. I tried to cancel the order so I could get the items somewhere else and customer service told me that it would be 5-7 days before the money would be refunded as they already charged my card. As I was complaining customer service kept telling me that they did disclose to me the delivery date which was getting me even more irritated. I said please point out where on this order it says the date when this order can be delivered. She pointed me to a small date on the delivery button on their website. I said "I never got to order this online your sales department took the order over the phone". She says I know but I wanted to show you that we do tell you how long it will take for delivery. What really pushed me over the edge is we still don't have the refrigerator but received a survey email questioning the unit. Well we gave them the feedback their terrible and deceptive service deserved. Today we got back that they rejected the survey review because it didn't match their guidelines. Since the survey was pretty much to the point I am guessing happy reviews are only accepted.

When you selected the model online and you had to enter your zip code to show the price (mandatory) in a box to the right it tells you when it will be available or if its currently stocked, as this should have been explained by the sales associate was probably just trying to get a sale . Probably just pushed the order through thinking that you were aware of the ETA due to you being online.The 5-7 day delay to get refunded on your card is not a Lowe's thing it is actually your bank when a refund issued it is instant, you can get cashed out which is the faster way of receiving your money back, if not your bank will give you the 5-7 day time frame. Further more Lowe's is one of the main appliance stores that contains stocked appliance and a wide selection , why didn't you check for stocked item's you would have been eligible for free next day delivery, you have to assume some responsibility at some point.

I have had all good experiences with lowes they credited me pretty much the cost of a jacuzzi spa tub for coming in the wrong color .which was a hearty credit.I was remodeling my bathroom at the time, and had to rent one of those small containers to store all my bathroom stuff.but I'm glad I saw this so I can look out for any billing problems,which would be on synchrony banks hands.

Arben

Yes Anonymous reading is important. You must have miss read that the order was placed over the phone...

As it was wrong for the salesman didn't tell you when it would come in it was just as wrong for you not being able to properly read.

View more comments (3)