Product: Lowes Delivery Service Rating: 2 Stars Clear all filters (47 of 335 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Product:
Rating:

Lowes in Crestview, Florida - Local Lowe's store is a total joke

1.9
The store employees are unknowledgeable, grumpboxes. The store has downsized so they no longer carry supplies for the DIY person, only to contractors. I recently ordered two major appliances, having them sent to the store for me to pick up, and was able to obtain information on shipment and delivery that the store could, or would not acknowledge. Almost making it appear as though accepting the delivery meant that they had to "go to work". They did not want me to pick them up for another 5 days after delivery. Really? Does it take that long to unload the truck and log them into the system?
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Variety
  • Lots of online appliances
  • Selection
Cons
  • How my order was handled
  • Untrained salesperson
  • Lack of customer service
Preferred solution
Hire better managers/employees. Start carrying more products in store for everyone, not just rich contractors.
2.2
We decided to take the carpet out of our living room and hallway and replace it with the flooring. After a week or so of doing nothing, then saying that we hadn't paid for the purchase yet, which we had via the crdie card, we had to physically go back to the store and...
Price reduction

Lowes in Hudson, Massachusetts - False Commitments

2.3
Placed an order for truck delivery for materials to DIY a patio (since I wasn't about to load ~3,000 lbs into my suv by myself) Received a phone call confirming Monday morning delivery, then received the confirmation text message as well. Monday morning, I received the email confirmation that my shipment was out for delivery. When it didn't show up by the end of the delivery window I called to ask where it was. Now they're saying it'll be delivered Tuesday. Absolutely no respect for their customers time. If you commit to a delivery date, get it delivered!

Their delivery service really sucks. I have gone through a similar experience myself.

Completely disregarded Their delivery window TWICE. when we called the lady on the phone was rude on top of it.

@Anonymous

same here never again

View more comments (1)
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • In-store selection
Price reduction

Lowes - Lousy service

1.9
I ordered a stove, was sent an email stating delivery date. Has come & gone a week & a half now. Every time l talk to them get a different story. Will be last time l order anything not in stock at the store

Finally, someone who realizes buying from stock is the only way to go if you need an appliance right away. Stores have no control over the manufacturers delivery.

If the manufacturer has the appliance in their warehouse it will usually arrive in about a week. The bad thing is that if they are out of stock they just backorder the appliance and don't notify the store of the delay and the only way the store knows when it will come is when it shows up on their shipping dock.

Lowes in Renton, Washington - Delievery deppartment

1.7
I am a commercial customer, I spend thousands in this story for the last few months, I ordered kitchen cabinets on 12/2/2018, and order my appliances on the last day for the rebate on 12/5/2018, spend over $4,000.00, and there should be a $600 rebate, never receive the rebate application. Only 1/2 of my kitchen cabinets delivered on 12/28/18, and the I called and ask why, they said there is NO REASON, that was how it was scheduled. and the other delivered on 1/15/2019, we open the cabinets, 1/2 were damaged, we ask why, the delivery person said BECAUSE THEY ARE CHEAP. I depend the money for the delivery and what I got? I brought cheap cabinets from Lowes. I end up have to return 5 of the cabinets and try to patch up others, and go to other Lowes story to buy the replace damaged cabinets. My appliances should have arrived on 1/24/19, the delivery person called a little after 7am, I missed the call, the delivery didn't arrive, we scheduled for today, the delivery show up at my office, the billing address, I went in the Lowes and waited in front of the delivery manager Micho (I think that is his name) for 10 minutes, that he has been on the phone, then I ask if I can talk to him for 1 minute, he shake is head, so I left. This is the worst experience I ever in counter, the delivery department should have call the day before not 7 am in the morning, and the entire delivery department has the worst attitude, my project is delate and I worsted a lot of my time waiting. very unsatisfied customer.

I filled out the I'd # and the other info for the $300 but the sureynever did come up is this scam?

Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Renee sibley in the story is very nice and knowlegable
Cons
  • Delievery department is the worst i ever deal with
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in San Jose, California - Bad delivery process and management system

2.2
We tried to schedule delivery for 3 days in the roll. my husband confirmed Sunday delivery between 12 -4. they called this morning to want to deliver between 10-2 but they came outside our house at 3 pm and knocked on the door without ringing door bell and they took a picture of our house and left. At 3:15 pm, the manager Jose or whosever could have told them to come back and at 3:40 pm. They said sorry they are done. I am surprised how communication was done. They could have called us at 3 pm. They could have rung the doorbell at 3:00 pm when outside. They only said. We knocked and no one answered. It was raining and we have been expecting someone to ring on doorbell since 12:00 pm. I am very disappointed with the Lowes customer system. I understand it is Sunday, but the whole communication was off. At the critical moment, they could have reached out but they did not even try to call because it is raining outside. We have our kitchen light on and we have been home all the time. I don't believe they said they waited 15 min outside while not ringing our door bell or they could have called us but they did not. Even when we asked them to return. They said they are done for the day???? They don't really act on customer-centric problem resolution process. I got so disappointed at your brand Lowes. I thought you guys are smarter than that. It took me 30 mins to finally reach the manager. By then, the shipment guy are gone. I will return this fridge and I also will make sure all the media heard about my experience.
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Used to like their quality and brand
Cons
  • Bad communication and manager responses by jose
Full refund

Lowes Delivery people SUCK!!!!

2.4
While trying to coordinate the delivery of our replacement dryer (first one was broken), we have been struggling with their delivery people. First, they told us it will be there within a time frame so we planned our day around that. They call back during the day to say they're ahead of schedule and will be arriving hours before their given time frame....so we missed that delivery. Scheduling the next delivery we were told that they will be delivering the dryer after 3:30. This was great because I cannot be home until after 3:30 on any given weekday. They called at 11:00am saying they were outside my home and won't be coming back at/after 3:30 as arranged. The next day...the same damn thing. The manager of this 3rd party deliver service won't bother to call me and I've left 2 messages. Throughout the ordeal, I spoke to Marcus, Stephanie, Jessica, and someone else....no help whatsoever...just false promises!!! I then contacted the Lowe's manager here in Indian Harbour Beach (Sue) and she was very understanding and was trying to assist. She put in a call and guaranteed the deliver on the next business day at/after 3:30. Guess what? ….they tried to deliver the dryer at 8:00am and of course wouldn't return at our arranged time. This time they said that I didn't leave a gate code....uhhh, what gate? They were trying to claim it was my fault....we have no gate and no one within 10 miles of us has a gate....total *** I will NEVER EVER order anything that has to be delivered by Lowes again. In fact, I just called and will now be returning both the washer and the dryer with my middle finger up as I'm leaving the parking lot. Screw you Lowe's Delivery!!! Home Depot...my business is all yours...never had a problem with them at all!

Actually, they do have delivery people - hence, the Lowes truck and personnel wearing Lowes uniforms.

@UncommonSensesc

no they don't. it's a pretty well known fact.

giving someone a shirt to wear is not the same as handing them a Lowe's paycheck every two weeks. They put Lowe's stickers on the trucks too, but if you check the DOT number on the truck online you will see the truck is owned by a third party, and the people driving it work for that third party.

Menard's and Home depot do the same thing. I know, i've worked for two of the three.

@Anonymous

Actually, most Lowe's are not third party delivery. I know this because my husband is one, who receives a Lowe's paycheck every two weeks, and driving an actual Lowe's truck that he himself picked up 6 years ago. Not all "pretty well known" facts are actual facts

@UncommonSensesc

Actually... All Lowe’s stores use a 3rd party delivery service.

It’s been that way for a while. The OP even states so in their complaint.

@PCFL1592

Depends on the store. Most do indeed have their own delivery personal. The trucks these stores use are owned by the company.

@Anon

All appliances from All Lowe’s stores are delivered by a 3rd party delivery company, whom employ their own personnel, and use their own trucks. All Lowe’s does is schedule the day it is to be delivered, and the delivery company does the rest.

Hence your an idiot

Lowe's doesn't have "delivery people". They contract with the cheapest delivery company they can find. What did you expect?

View more comments (7)
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Store manager and customer service at store
Cons
  • Delivery service tell you one time and come hours early
  • Delivery service and their customer care
  • Delivery people suck
Preferred solution
Investigation into your Delivery Service complaints and create better policies and procedures. Very disappointed in Lowe's for this.

Lowes in Hamilton, Illinois - THE WORST EXPERIENCE!!! AT LOWE'S -DAVIE, FL - Store #3315.

1.7
Purchased a washer and dryer at LOWE'S OF DAVIE, FL - Store #3315. Scheduled delivery for Saturday. Spent the whole day wainting, they never showed up, didn’t even called. I called in middle of day and was told it would be delivered by end of day, which never happened. I called back on Monday and was told one of the machines had a dent and is why they didn’t delivered. Reschedule for Tuesday. I was told by Frank I would receive a called on the night before to confirm and another call one two hours before delivery, which AGAIN never happened. STILL WAITING!! This has been a big waist of time and a huge aggravation. THE WORSE EXPERIENCE EVER!! A very dissatisfied customer,

Lowes in Glendale, Arizona - Tile order all screwed up

2.4
Lowes - Tile order all screwed up
Went with my mom to purchase tile for my house. My mom made the purchase for me and we specified that the tile would need to be delivered to my address. The staff told us they didn't have enough tile at the store to complete my order so they said they would call me when the order was ready to be delivered. I told them I had no problem waiting for the order.. We paid for our order and waited several days for them to call. About a week after that, they attempted to deliver 5 pallets of mixed dye lot tiles to my house" not even the correct order." Well i had no idea that my order was ready to deliver because I never received a call, nor did my mother. Nobody answered the door at my house since we had not expected a delivery yet. The driver decided to take the order to my mothers home instead. My mom, at that time, had assumed that they had scheduled the delivery with me ahead of time and that maybe I had made a mistake of not answering the door or not being home for the drop off. So she told them to just leave the 5 pallettes of tile outside on her carport because she didn't know what else to do. Later that day i got home and found out what happened so I called lowes to inform them that this delivery had never been scheduled ahead of time. I requested that they "schedule" a re delivery to the correct house with the correct order, so that I can be aware of the delivery and prepare for it. They assured me that they would redeliver the pallette the next day anytime from 8am to 12pm. The next day, i waited at home for the delivery, nobody showed up so i called lowes again. I spoke with a different staff member this time and she told me that the driver had no idea that he was supposed to redeliver the tile that day. He said that my mother already accepted the tile. So I explained everything again to this new staff member. I explained that the delivery was never scheduled with me or my mother, we had no idea the order was even ready. I explained that the order was wrong as well and that the dye lot numbers did not match. There were several different types of boxes with different dye lot numbers on them all mixed within these pallettes. I should have had all of the same exact dye lot numbers on all of the boxes. We spent over 2,000 on this order of tile and specified a certain dye lot # for the entire order because we wanted the tile to match through the whole house. The original sales lady told us to order all of the same dye lots so that we don't end up with mismatched tiles and that is what we did. Anyway, the new staff member explained that the driver was possibly confused. She told me that she rescheduled the delivery of the correct order for another day.. So now I am expecting the delivery and I am at least aware that it is supposed to be delivered on a certain day. Hopefully they deliver the correct order this time but I am not confident that they will. Im not sure they will even show up at all.. I hope Im not stuck with 5 huge pallettes of mismatched tiles. I will probably ask for a refund if nobody shows up to deliver on the specified day or if they deliver the wrong order again. At that point I will probably just buy my tile from a different company.

Update: today a staff from Lowes called and informed me that they had decided to refund my money. Then, she said that I could just pay for my order over the phone and that she would just pull my order from other stores and have them delivered.

This makes no sense to me at all. I had not asked for a refund although I had been damn tempted to. Why would they refund my money and then call me to ask me to pay for my order all over again? This sounded so shady and now I have a really bad feeling about this situation.

I only need three pallettes of tiles with matching dye lots, this shouldn't be this difficult to accomplish. Anyway, I told the staff that I would have to confirm that a refund had been sent and credited back onto my debit card before arranging to pay for the order all over again. I explained that I did not want to be charged twice for the same order. Well, I called my bank and the customer service rep with my bank informed me that a refund had not been credited to my account and that there was no refund pending from Lowes.

So, I called Lowes and asked to speak with the same staff member that had called me earlier to inform me about "the refund." apparently that staff was on a lunch break so I will have to try again later. I am so tired of dealing with this. Why cant they just get the order right, pull the correct 3 pallettes with matching dye lots, schedule the delivery with me, drop off the correct order to the correct house and also it would help out a lot if they sent a sober delivery driver.

The last delivery driver reeked of alcohol and sounded confused. To be continued

Update: Today they attempted to deliver another order of mismatched pallettes of tile with different dye lots. Whoever pulls the orders at the warehouse seems to just pull random pallettes with different dye lot numbers..

I just looked at the pallettes before the delivery driver even bothered to get them off the truck. I spoke with the staff at the store again and she told me that she would personally pull my order. The delivery driver offered to pull my order himself as well. At least i don't have huge pallettes of "random" tile sitting outside my moms carport anymore lol.

The delivery driver picked them up. Will try one more time and see what happens :/

View more comments (1)

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111

Lowes Reviews

Lowes reviews

Lowes - Delivery

2.0
Ordered a Samsung refrigerator a week ago, delivery dates get pushed back 3 times, the supervisor of delivery service states that lowes dont have there own delivery trucks and that its an independent contractor, states its out of his hands, then how can you Be a supervisor of delivery service If you have no control