Product: Lowes Delivery Service Rating: 2 Stars Clear all filters (47 of 335 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Product:
Rating:

Lowes in Sunnyvale, California - Refrigerator is still sitting on the first floor 2 weeks later

1.7

Update by user Sep 11, 2018

Finally the 6th attempt, this morning after 9:00 am, two people came and moved the refrigerator to the second floor where our kitchen is. They could have done that the first time instead of having us wait so many times and for so long.

We have never seen 4 people crew after all.

They parked their truck in the back and blocked my drive way. They should have parked in the front of the townhouse.

Update by user Sep 10, 2018

I am hourly rated contractor work at client office and each time I had to take time off to wait for the delivery. I wasted 10 hours (each time is 2 hour window) to be at home in order to receive the delivery.

Original review posted by user Sep 10, 2018

We bought LG refrigerator including free delivery and setup from Lowes Sunnyvale store. After 7 days, the refrigerator was delivered to our door. However, the two delivery people said they could not take this to the kitchen which is on the second floor. We were told they need 4 people crew to move the refrigerator to upstairs. Then I called Lowes Delivery department to reschedule. 2nd time, no one showed up, 3rd time, still the same two people came, could not do the move. The 4th time, Lowes still sent two people. I called Lowes and asked to speak to the supervisor, her name was something like Kourtney. She apologized and promised additional 20% discount on the refrigerator and told us next day (Sunday) or the latest following Monday to send 4 people crew. Again the 5th time, we waited till 9:15 AM this morning, no one showed up. Therefore, I called Lowes delivery department and was told we were not on their Monday schedule. Again I asked to speak to the supervisor, this time it was Sovia (or Sophia). She told me she had schedule for tomorrow (Tuesday) delivery and for sure they would send 4 people. Let's wait and see if tomorrow we will see 4 people crew from Lowes delivery department. I seriously doubt about it after so many time promises and failed every time. The delivery person even told me that I could pay someone else to do the move. Why? I paid Lowes for the delivery.
Review
#1351965 Review #1351965 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Customer service is terrible
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Glenwood Springs, Colorado - Repeated Frustrations

2.2
Every interaction I have with this store results in something getting screwed up or lost. Very unorganized, unprofessional, and inept customer service. My last order for truck delivery has still not been delivered and everyone says they'll look into it and they never call back. First guy I spoke with said it was supposed to be delivered three days ago... $2200 lumber and decking purchase that no one seems to know anything about... Overall very frustrating and I'll be placing my lumber and building supplies purchases at another store. Consider yourself warned and DO NOT order anything through this store... I don't have any further words to describe how much I despise this store.

THEY WOULDN'T GET AWAY WITH THIS IF PEOPLE WOULD STOP BUYING FROM THEM! JESUS PEOPLE! Get a clue.

Have you ever heard the saying "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." Seems like you would learn not to shop there if you have a problem every time you shop there.

#1531909

Then for heaven's sake stop shopping there .... QUOTE : " Every interaction " ... ???

View more comments (2)
Review
#1320255 Review #1320255 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Never buy from lowes

1.5
We ordered a washer and dryer from Lowe’s 10 days ago. Because Lowe’s no longer installs gas dryers my husband took the afternoon off for the delivery so he could install the gas dryer. The washer came with installation if we purchased the hoses. Lowe’s delivery called to say they were running early so my husband left work early. When he got home he received a call that they couldn’t make it today. Long story short they put the washer on one truck and the dryer on another. The dryer can’t be delivered. We just had the washer delivered but the hoses to hook up the washer are on the other truck. Here we are So not worth the effort. We will use Home Depot or a local business for now on.

No matter who you choose to use in the future you may have delivery problems there as well. Just look at the complaint boards for other stores.

There are too many things that can happen in a day to delay deliveries that unfortunately some people won't get exactly what they had expected.

Never take time off to install a product until you have it. Once you have it, take the next day off.

Lowes miraculously was able to deliver the dryer this evening. The delivery people were great, this is a scheduling and process problem with management. We will definitely use another business for any future appliance purchases

View more comments (1)
Review
#1311945 Review #1311945 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in New Hartford, New York - Still waiting

1.5
4/29/18 purchased a frog and matching dishwasher. Agreed and waited for 3 weeks to get both delivered. Frig came. Wrong one. They came back to change out. Never brought the dishwasher. It is now nearly two months. On 6/29/18 it will be.

Lowes - Loews Sucks

2.3
Loews is the worst company I have ever dealt with . I had a delivery scheduled for 6/15/18 they never showed up. After calling I was told the order was cancelled . I never cancelled it. I call the Exec office and was told it was not cancelled it was on the truck. I called back exec office and was told they made a mistake and gave me BS and said their elevator broke and it will be delivered on Sunday morning. I called at 11:00 was told it will be here soon. I called at 1:50 was told it will be here in 10 min by 2:00 PM it is now 2:35 no calls from anyone. on hold with shipping. Next time I go to HOME DEPOT and everyone else should Not but at Loews
#1519564

Lowes uses a company called DSI ( F rating on BBB) where I live - Northern CA. We are on day 39 of living in a hotel since DSI subcontracted with a company that clearly didn’t train employees how to hook up washing machines.

Home was flooded, thousands of dollars to repair. DSI and their subcontractor refused to give insurance info - a violation of state regulations. Lowes gave me claim number, sent an adjuster then refused to pay for home repairs. Why?

Because as a renter I requested a separate claim for the owner and refused to take money on her behalf. Now we wait until homeowners insurance approves repairs. So yeah ...

social media. Check us out IG #weboughtawasher and twitter @cropjester

Type yhttps://www.facebook.com/DumpLowes/

Not sure where you're all from... But in Pa, Lowe's owns and hires their drivers. There is no third party delivery unless you are getting something directly shipped via FedEx or UPS.

Home Depot uses the same delivery company so good luck with that.

Lowes has a 3rd party delivering company. They don't hire drivers or anyone to deliever.

It's all a different company that handles deliveries. Lowes only puts the item out for delivery on the trucks and then what ever happens with the drivers and the trucks iant lowes responsibility it's the 3rd party.

@Anonymous

Yes but that company need to answer to Loews for screw up. Besides it was a LOEW'S F_CK up they did not get the product down from the store warehouse

@Anonymous

Loews never put the item out for Delivery

I just love the people complaining here about Lowes that are headed to Home Depot as though it is going to punish Lowes. You obviously haven't bothered to look at the posts about Home Depot.

There are just as many people there that are running to Lowes because Home Depot screwed up their delivery. The fact is, deliveries can be a problem for any store. If I owned a store there would be no deliveries. Customers would have to arrange their own transportation if it's as simple as they seem to think it is.

I have purchased from both Lowes and Home Depot and have had good luck with their deliveries.

I had worked at another home center and they were the only store I had delivery problems with. They figured that since I was an employee I wouldn't mind sitting around on my 1 day a week off waiting for my delivery rather than working on the project i had planned.

@Anonymous

when you leave a company to purchase from another company it hurts their bottom line. it also shows them there are issues that need improvement

@Steve

The point is that Home Depot is no better. When you walk out of Home Depot mad, where are you going next?

Lowes Does Not have a delivery service.Lowes contracts out with a third party vendor to deliver their products.So your complaint is with the third party vendor, Not Lowes.Home Depot also uses a third party vendor to deliver their products.So the Same thing happens at Home Depot as well.

@Anonymous

I was dealing with the Loews office, and was then told their store elevator was out and assured it would be delivered.Bottom line is I bought it from Loews, They are responsible for the companies they hire to deliver products. I did not need to lose 2 days of work and not have any food due to their negligence

Your wrong and stupid. Every truck they have says Lowe’s.{{Redacted}}

@Anonymous

Trust me, it's in the PA Eastern coast area, it's 3rd party.

@Anonymous

It's Lowe's responsibility to make sure it is done correct, not the buyers job to track down the 3rd party

View more comments (14)
Review
#1282039 Review #1282039 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Suck
Full refund
Tags
  • poor delivery service

Lowes in San Jose, California - Horrible Delivery 2x failed attempts

2.1
They take your money but fail to deliver. Literally. Two failed attempts. Lousy communication. No one can coordinate. You spend 3K you expect at least adequate service. Got a full refund and going to sears.
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Store manager apology
Cons
  • Delivery
  • Having to take multiple days off work
  • Never delivered
2.1
5/24/18-Lowes Merrillville, IN. Well...where do I start? Placed an order on 5/18 for a treated fencing project I was going to do. The whole process took about an hour to complete which is pretty sad because I supplied the material list to them. As we paid for the order...

Stop complaining. Typical of society today, people wanted to save a buck or two by going to these Big Box stores instead of supporting thier local lumber yard.

Now that the local lumber yards are out of business, the big box stores could care less and you are stuck with *** lumber and poor service. I hope it was worth it.

View more comments
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Bad customer service
Poor customer service
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - This company sucks.

2.3
They were supposed to deliver the dishwasher we purchased over a month ago, between 9 and noon. No one ever showed. No one called. My husband had to email them to get any response and they simply said they never got the item and that they will deliver over a week later, on May 6th, which is a Sunday. We seriously doubt they actually will deliver that Sunday, especially now that I have seen about a thousand one-star ratings for them throughout various review sites. The thing that *** me off most is their utter disregard for us, the customer. We never used them before to buy our appliances, we used Home Depot. They actually do call you when they are delivering, and keep you informed, and are a thousand times better than Lowes. I didn't love Home Depot at all before, which is why we went with Lowes this time, (Home Depot had rescheduled our fridge delivery last month 2 or 3 days before they were supposed to originally deliver) but at least they called to make sure we were informed and not waiting around. I had sat around with an 11-month-old and my thumb up my butt way after the delivery window, despite the fact I had hired a babysitter that day so that I could go out and work, and yet I still paid her, because she was scheduled to work, and it wasn't her fault Lowes sucks donkey d#%^@, and I don't leave people in a lurch like this company did to us. (She doesn't speak English, so I didn't want to leave her to deal with them.) So they rescheduled two more times, finally delivering today, (and my child is over a year old now). The guys literally dumped the box in my kitchen and walked away after taking a picture. They didn't install it or even take off the box. Just left it in my kitchen. I seriously couldn't hate this company more. I don't know why I tipped the delivery guys, but I still did, because I'm not a jerk and they did haul it up the stairs. I had told my husband to cancel the order, but he forgot all about it since it took so long, and suddenly we received a text last night when we were in bed saying it would be delivered today. Plus, I should have canceled it since it pissed me off so much, but I was lazy and left the responsibility on his shoulders... Of course, the timing worked out that it was during my son's nap time, though that is not their fault, and so our kid woke up. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!! I will be going elsewhere for our washer and dryer and new stove and microwave. I have never hated a company more.
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Price of the product
Cons
  • Delivery sucked
  • Company sucks
  • Customer service sucks
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
There is no solution. My solution is to never buy from this company again, and to tell everyone I know not to either.
Tags
  • Appliances services
  • Beware Lowes

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - Delivery sucks

1.8
we bought a refrigerator last week. they said it was going to take a week which delivery was this sunday. we called twice they told ua they were delivering a washer and our delivery was next they did not come.
Order processing issue

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - Horrendous Customer Experience

1.7
Lowes - Horrendous Customer Experience
I went into the store and purchased a washer and dryer (didn't finance, but 100% purchased). They said the earliest they could deliver it would be a week and a half later. A week after the purchase I received a call saying they no longer had that set available for me. I HAVE NO WASHER AND DRYER AND A TON OF DIRTY LAUNDRY! Then, they tried to sell me a very inferior washer and dryer for the SAME AMOUNT so they could get it to my house sooner. I immediately went somewhere else and got the first model I had originally purchased from a competitor retailer. Lowe's didn't own up to the mistake and didn't go out of their way to make a decent resolution for me. Horrific customer service. Mistakes happen, but it's how they're dealt with that shows people the professionalism of a business and its employees. Looks like it's Home Depot for me here on out.
h.kitchener
#1471908

Not sure why you are so distressed. Lowe's found out they could not supply you with the model you wanted and called when they found out.

They offered you a different set which you refused so the sale was cancelled.

It's nice you got the same model from another retailer, so what is the problem here? Sounds like you just want to complain about something.

The reason you had to wait a week and a half is they had to order it from the manufacturer. If the manufacturer had no more available, what did you expect them to do? Either you choose another model from them or do as you did and found someone that still had the models you wanted on hand.

View more comments (1)