3.0

I purchased a refrigerator (to be referred to as "item" here-forth) from the Bolingbrook store in IL and have encountered so many issues that I am surprised Lowes is still in business! The following are all of the problems I had to endure:

1. I purchased the item on Aug 1st and was told by the sales person that it would be delivered within 7-10 days and I didn't have it in my possession until this morning, Aug 17th, 17 days later.

2. I had been very specific, since I was told by Lowes that my item would be delivered on Aug 16th (day prior to actual delivery), that I would not be available on the morning of the 16th but rather in the evening and they stated that they would communicate that to the delivery company. Despite that fact, the delivery company attempted to deliver in the morning. I had to call Steve the store manager multiple times to sort this out on the 16th however he was unable to persuade the delivery company to deliver on the promised date. I was however, credited $50 and promised the first delivery the next day (Aug 17th) for the inconvenience, which I do appreciate.

3. The following day the item arrived first thing in the morning as promised and the delivery guys were very polite. However once they left I had noticed that one of the fridge doors were installed in a manner where one of the doors was taller than the other. I called the Lowes Store once again and spoke to a store manager, Samanthia, to see if she could have somebody come take a look at fixing the doors. When I asked for the GM's number she told me that I should wait until she tries to solve the issue before escalating,which I was naive enough to accept. I should have known better.

Well the manager never called me back and now I found out that the ice maker was leaking. So I called the next day, Aug 18th, and got a hold of another store manager named John. It was very apparent that none of the managers talk to each other, keep logs of daily store event, or do any type of shift hand off. John had to call me back so he can figure out what was going on, since he was so confused and uninformed. He finally called me back and stated that he would have a brand new fridge delivered the next day and take another $50 off. At this point, I had to take Monday off and now I'd have to take Wednesday off and spending all this time off was costing me a lot of money. I was furious at this point and told John that he would have to do better. So he finally agreed to credit another $198 (odd number) and I agreed.

At the end of the day l, they are fixing the issue but this is definitely the worst service I have ever received! I have purchased refrigerators before and it was not anywhere near as difficult as my experience with Lowes. I wasted my work Paid Time Off and hours of my life on the phone between Lowes and XPO delivery; hours I can't get back and shouldn't have spent. On top of that I even contacted Corporate and they never bother to contact me back regarding this....

John, the last manager, is the only on who did his job and he's the assistant manager on top of that...this probably means that he should be promoted and replace one of the other managers that attempted to assist me.

I am military veteran of eight faithful years of service to my country and do not appreciate being treated this way.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of lowes delivery service. Lowes needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned lowes delivery service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Lowes.

Comments