I purchased the Troy Built power washer in March of 2010 and used it a few times. This past month when I took it back out of the garage to use it there was no water coming out when I hooked it up to the hose.

I didn't think it would be an issue because I had both a manufacturer's warranty and bought an extended warranty. After navigating the Lowe's extended warranty phone system I was sent to a small shop for repair called Value Equipment and there the run around began.

Like insurance companies everyone's job is to say things are not covered and that I should pay more to have a brand new product repaired. Both Value Equipment and Lowe's changed their stories about who should be doing what and what was covered twice to deny the claim.

Stay away from this pressure washer as it is not built well at all and don't let them fool you into purchasing the Lowe's warranty!

Review about: Lowes Warranty.

Comments

Salisbury, Maryland, United States #1230940

I have the same problem Lowes would not take care after only

Having it less than 2months the dam thing won't start when

You ready to use it it is apiece of ***

No warranty covers customer fault, meaning if you blew your pump due to pressure build up with no release is your fault.

Well, I now know why all the local news people tell you not to buy these extended warranties. My experience was similar--sent out a contractor who screwed around for 1-1/2 hours in order to determine that it was "damage," so it wasn't covered. Never mind that right on the Lowes Extended Service Plan website they say "With your Lowe's Extended Protection Plan, you'll receive additional coverage for years to come." and in the following copy it has a check mark next to "Normal wear and tear." Guess boiling water on a ceramic cooktop of a Frigidaire stove falls outside of the definition of "normal wear and tear." My advice, DON'T BUY A LOWE'S APPLIANCE, A FRIGIDAIRE STOVE OR A LOWES EXTENDED PROTECTION PLAN.

Honest4Sure
#319765

The reason the shop and Lowes extended service give you the runaround is that the plan you bought only covered years 3 or 3 and 4, given the unit has a 2-year warranty. the plan "beginning from the date of purchase is a ruse as the mfr is responsible for work under its warranty.

The brochure is very deceiving.

I suggest to email Lowes Corporate Escalations with a copy to the State Atty General's Office. Someone will jump.

Also, both the warranty and the plan exclude physical damage, attachments and other accessories.

Today Lowes in Fort Worth told me that they will not honor their warranty until the device has broken down 3 times in one year. It is time for Lowes to go out of business.

first of all i use to work for lowes and returns was my dept. most power washers do not last for nothing enough said about that.

BUT they your store or I would tell you bring it back and it would be replaced then and there.

you had everything needed and you were told wrong.there are so many contractors that come in with items and no upc with a reciept over a year and they get refunded the way they pay others without reciept will say they paid cash so they dont look up info get store credit even if it was used but say it didnt work. lowes is known to take back anything.