2.3K views

The Loews Department store on Dickerson Road in Nashville did not key locks to my two new doors costing over $1,000. They kept the key to my front door on a Friday to re-key the new locks by and asked me to pick my key up on the following Monday.

I did after paying for everything. When the doors were installed, the installer informed me that the locks had not been re-keyed. I immediately called the store to speak to the manager. He told me that I could either get a locksmith out to the house to re-rey it they could set up any appointment to come back later.

I asked him who could I get...he told me that he could not tell me whom to have come to my home.

THIS SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN SAID TO A CUSTOMER. Never again will I shop at LOWES

Review about: Lowes Manager.

Comments

People that don't know what they are talking about cause a lot of problems.

Dude, you sound like you have no clue what you're talking about.

lowes charges 5 dollars a lock to rekey homie.

lowes hardware team member

to Anonymous #874827

but only if it is a lock bought at lowes

First off, I find it hard to believe that the Hardware Deptarment charged you $1,000 to rekey your lock. We don't at the store I work at.

Second Lowe's can not tell you who to hire to rekey your locks, you have to do that yourself.

Third that store manager was very nice to be willing to pay a locksmith to do the work for, but your lazy *** can't open a phonebook and call. Which leaves me to question are you going to ask the store manager to whip your *** when your done taking a ***?

#401966

Lowes cannot recommend locksmiths to come to your house. We do not have a list of locksmiths to use.

Can you read? All of your high end Kwikset and Schlage locks we sell can be rekeyed in about one minute by yourself. Kwikset has the smart key and Schlage uses the secure key, the schlage secure key is being dropped though because it's a piece of ***. Also, we do not charge for rekeying either of these locks.

the only time I charge a customer is if they buy the regular kwikset locks which require taking them apart to rekey. If you can turn a screwdriver, you could have taken them off and back to the store and I bet they would have rekeyed them for ya.

Awka, Anambra, Nigeria #401788

Wow! Another self important ***.

Doesn't realize mistakes happen. Has to go right to the top and complain to the store manager and expect him to drop everything else in the store to solve his minor problem. The store manager offered to set an appointment to change the locks or suggested he could call a locksmith to change the locks. I don't know why this guy feels the Lowes store manage would know the names and phone numbers of locksmiths for him.

That's what the yellow pages are for. Face it, the locks all work, they just use different keys. Why not wait a day or 2 for Lowes to change them?

I just hope this guy doesn't start shopping where I work. We are unfortunately human too and may make an occasional mistake as well.