2.5

Went to Lowes and bought a new lawn tractor for 2,600 dollars. Paid with personal check with my old address in NY.

No problem even though I now lived in KY. One week later went to Lowes and bought new sink and faucet for 600 dollars. Wrote a personal check from KY bank and it was denied. I called Certegy and the *** there said there probably was nothing wrong with the check but I fit a profile that made it likely that my check would bounce.

I am a 69 yr old man who has never bounced a check in my life. *** said he would make my account a VIP account and this should take care of the problem. Said to wait 15 mins and try again. Did so and check still was not accepted.

Have been a loyal customer of Lowes for over 25 yrs but will not shop there anymore. By the way, Home Depot and Best Buy as well as many other big corps are using these check verifying companies. Do our country a favor and buy your stuff at a small local business and stay away from these big corps.

They don't care about us so we should not care about them.

This reviewer shared experience about "personal check denied" and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. The author is overall dissatisfied with Lowes. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Lowes.

Comments

Seriously. Why are insisting on writing checks in this day and age when you can simply pay by debit card and the money will come right out of your checking account? Sounds to me like you may have been up to some kind of scam and they stopped you in your tracks!

Checks are just a piece of worthless paper until you bank pays it. Stores take a risk that the bank won't pay a check for any number of reasons including you don't have the cash to cover it in your bank.

On the other hand if you pay with a credit card or debit card they are pretty well assured of prompt payment.

Even though you are 69, by posting on the internet you demonstrate you are able to understand modern technology. Get with it and get a credit or debit card to make purchases.

I for one am stunned a 69 year old man doesn't trust these BIG EVIL corporations and their fancy computers.

Better yet, enter the 21st century and use a credit card, then pay it off at the end of the month. That gives you extra consumer protection by law. You should consider it.