November 2010 I bought a frigidaire refrigerator with the freezer on the bottom. The top and the bottom both have icemakers.

Model # LGUB2642LFO. In the first year the icemakers broke. Yes, both of them. The electrical board had to be replaced.

Next year the same thing happened. The electrical board was replaced again. Then the icemakers stopped again. The water tube was replaced, the lining around the door was replaced and some other parts, that took three seperate calls to Lowes within a few weeks time before it was fixed which counted as 1 service call according to Lowes because it was the same problem I called on each time and one month had not passed between calls.

Within a few months the ice makers stopped again. The service man came out and made some adjustments and said this model is known for this particular problem. But since there were no parts replaced it did not count as a service call. It now stopped working again.

I called lowes again. We are now 2 years down the road. I requested a replacement. By some act of God the icemakers just started up again on it's own.

In the mean time I called Lowes to see where we are on my replacement.

I told them it just started again on it's own and they said that since I haven't had three completed repairs requiring parts, ( it only counts as one repair if you call with the same problem within 30 days) I do not qualify for a replacement. The supervisor agreed that even he would be unhappy with a refrigerator as unreliable as mine!

Comments