Product: Lowes Door Installation Estimate Clear all filters (3 of 3 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Inverness, Florida - Installation scam

wanted to buy a storm door installation shown on price tag was $97.00. Man came to measure door (reeking of alcohol) When it came time to sign order there was an item for 3 pcs of wood @$37.00 $57.00 for installation of wood plus original $97.00 bringing total installation cost to $154.00. When I declined to purchase because of the extra cost they kept my $35.00 deposit. No wonder this company was in financial difficulties unless you are a contracter they really dont give a *** about you. Home Depot here I come.
Problems with payment

Lowes in Norwalk, Connecticut - Installation bait and switch

I went into the Norwalk, CT Lowes store to order a sliding door for my patio. I was quoted $477 plus misc. fees in the store for the installation. The installer went to my home and came back with an installation price that was more than double the $477. He said it involved custom work. Now, I've had home construction jobs done before, including 5 windows put in by Home Depot, and never had an installation estimate come back at double the original estimate. This was a normal slider! I thought this was exorbitant and canceled the job. I will go back to Home Depot and get the slider. At least their installation price was honest! Lowes better find other installers

Same for me - Installer never got in touch - had to chase them. Store said cost would be around $200.

Contractor: $672. Price gouging. I have been calling/emailing Lowes' board of directos, the CEO, etc. Only receive replys from workers low on the totem pole.

I spend thousands of dollars at Lowes. Guess that's a drop in the bucket, but enough drops put together will combine to make a river.

They should never quote an installation charge without coming to your home to see what needs to be done. Sure, you may be having a "standard" door installed, but is the old door the same size.

A standard 6' patio door is currently has a 6'0" x 6'8" rough opening. Older 6' doors varied from 5'11" to 6'5" in width and up to 6'11" in height.

If you opening is different than the current size there would be additional materials and labor involved to install the door. You may well find the same situation when you get to Home Depot as well.

View more comments (1)
Pricing issue

Lack of confidence in Lowes door salesmanship

3.3
I am currently interested in purchasing a impact resistant door without glass from Lowes. I have met with three associates in their Millworker Department, three times for over a period of 4 hours. The door I chose started out at approximately $794. After adding the required components it is over $2,700.00. And the work order has a lot of cross offs with an explanation that I should assume that those items that I am asking about are included. This is a standard size impact resistant Masonite door and the total with the installation and permit is over $4,000.00 dollars. And I was told that if I have the door stained on exterior and painted on interior that would be an additional $500.00 because the installer has to wear latex glaves. Also that there is a possibility that the door may be damaged in transit.

Let me get this straight. You went to a discount home improvement warehouse and expected to find a "door expert", or an expert on any kind? That's special.

Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Too much uncertainty on product requested.

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111