2.1K views

I called Lowes to do a door install. The first step is to call and set up a time for them to come measure which I did.

I gave the item number of the door that resembled mine to the person on the phone to note down. I had to pay $35 for them to start and they would deduct that out of the installation. The came out and measured, then I was called with prices and very short discussion about fiberglass or steel. The item number I gave them was for a steel half door with glass that replaced the one being removed for $139.

When he called and asked about fiberglass I said that I would just use the steel one I picked for $139. Then we had to go in the store to sign the contract. I went in and met with a guy in the millwood department and he pulled the contract out and gave me the total. I was never shown the product but the price was correct so I thought it was the same door I gave them the product number for and asked where the $35 credit was.

He stated that he didnt know about the contracts and he had to get help and he did. I was told that the contract was re worked and they left off the credit, but when I paid it was given to me. So it all sounded fine to me... Price was what I wanted when I found the door online, and I got my credit back.

When they came to install it was a solid steel door. I had a steel door with a window. I said that was not the right door, and they stated that this was the door in the contract that I signed so the door was installed as i felt backed into a corner. I should have stopped them but I felt that since I had signed I had no choice.

So I called the next day when I was back at work with all my notes and got mad to realize that the sales guy gave me the wrong door so I called. The supervisor stated that I was shown the product when I signed the contract and there was nothing they would do. I told her I was never shown a door when I signed and that the guy who was there when I signed didnt even know how to read the contract. She said their policy is alway show the product before a contract is written, well I did everything over the phone and was never told to come in to see the door.

I have never had a repair done so I thought the part number was good enough. I can not get anyone to help me with this other than to be told I was shown a door when I signed and that was the end of that. Shop another store as they don't care about customer service. I was going to have them replace all the carpet and tile, buy all the paint I needed and all the material to get my house ready to sell.

Not anymore.

Review about: Lowes Installation.

Comments

hello, I just had my new back strom door installed today. On time and done more than just a great job.

Mr. Gary clifton was a true professional at has work.

Thank you lowes for picking him to work for lowes. Curtis hairston

I agree with Murrill, as an installer we want the customer to be as happy as possible. That starts with verifying that the product we have there to install is the right style/model, right size, and not damaged.

I am more concerned with my paycheck than your product, but that is paid through trip charges when people at the store waste my time.

Lowes Reynoldsburg, oh salesmann Jim L. tried to pull the same stunt with me that I didn't get refunded for my detail $35 charge that it went to the man that came out to measure.

They also gave me my money back as a cash credit at customer service. He was a real ***!

What is the price to replace front entry door 36" and Storm Door in the Fort Myers FL 33905 area?

:eek

Mistakes are made everyday by everyone. If the product was incorrect you shoul have refused it.

I am a general contractor as well as Lowes installer and I always verify that I have the correct product prior to job install.

I go as far as testing a picture if my customer is not home. As well as you refusing your installer should have been more concerned about your product being right than his paycheck.

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #88075

I had a storm door installed by Steve Barker and am very satisified with his work. Am waiting for main front entry door to be delievered in early Dec.

and Steve will install that door at that time. Thanks

go buy the prehung door you wanted,pull the hinge pins on both doors swap the doors and take the other door back to lowes.

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #78172

That is kinda dumb of you to purchase something over the phone and not think you should at least ask to see a picture of it when you signed the contract. You shouldn't take a strangers word. The item numbers could have changed or their could have been a computer error.