I had bought a John Deere mower from Lowes in east Knoxville (TN). Not even a year later I had to take it in for service for a racing throttle.

As I had bought the extended warranty I would have expected a smooth ride, instead they give me the run around for about an hour before I call corporate and they tell them to take it in for service. Two weeks later they finally send it out for repair (after I had called the third party repair shop and THEY told Lowes they were picking it up). I then find out that there's a bent crank shaft and a broken blade (neither of which were there before) - oh and none of it is covered by the warranty policy.

All Lowes had to say was when are you coming to pick it up. I spend probably 15-20K a year at Lowes, hope Home Depot likes my money better

Comments

I'm sure the store took it out to the parking lot and ran over a stump because they enjoy creating hassles for themselves. Whether you realized it or not, you ran over something and broke your lawn tractor, which is abuse and not covered under warranty.