Toledo, Ohio
3.4K views

As of Saturday Lowes is taking all these hard working folks and telling them that as of

Saturday, Feb.11, they will no longer receive any commissions on any sales!!! They dont make lots anyway.

I have a job ordered at Lowes and went in and paid the dang thing off just so the person that

helped me so much could get her due commission.

I will never shop at Lowes again and hope that folks that are dealing with these cretons cease and desist from shopping at Lowes. Also these employees received three days notice on this- uncaring selfish -

Comments

Honest4Sure

I am not nor have I been a Lowes employee. The system was in place for years to help Lowes increase market share versus Sears.

It worked. The Appliance Specialist position was one of the best in the industry and attracted better talent. To take the system away is both a business and cultural decision as many have made decent livings with the income from successful sales.

While it is their prerogative to change the system, Lowes must be in dire financial straits to give only 2 days notice, though. The employees you cherished are now treated as line items on their financial statements.

This is to the person who calls themself plumbing csa and all the other idiots that dont seem to get it. The fact that you probably read my last post that explains that lowes managers lured me with spiffs and commissions to leave a good job that paid more salary to come to lowes for less salary becuase I would make up the difference and more with spiffs and commissions and you cant come up with any intelligent response for that proves that you are the idiots that I already knew you were.

You see, I work with idiots like you every day. The idiots in plumbing that you can never find to help a customer. I can be in appliances trying to help three customers that all want to spend thousands of dollars in my department trying to answer questions. Yes believe it or not we do have to answer questions to make a sale.

while I am trying to do this I am being flagged down every 2 minutes by someone with a question about a faucet because the plumbing idiots cant be found. There is a reason why we dont let you idiots sell the refrigerators and we take all the sales. you notice I said sales not sells like you did in your paragraph you ***. The reason we dont let you is because you guys always screw it up and I have to fix it.

Yes it really *** me off when some *** like you comes into my department and screws up and sale. you get paid to sell it and I have to take care of all of the issues after the sale that you screw up. Yes I call it my department because I treat it like its my own business. I CARE.

or at least I used to care. Good luck getting the appliancce specialist to fix your screw ups in the future.

I work the plumbing dept. and if they are so great, how come when they sell an washer or stove they dump the customer on plumbing because the are to lazy or *** to know how to hook it up? I say taking away spiffs is wrong but they way over paid.

They clock in and work the same way EVERY OTHER employee does.. y pay them extra to do there job in which they get payed a decent amount...

and also now u won't have the sales person only wanting to talk to the customer spending the most money.. each customer gets treated equally regardless of what they can afford to buy.. they are still getting an allowance so they are not fully losing it.. delivery is the dept that's handles the appliance..

installs it and shows how to work it..

sales just point it out and put in cpu.. FAIR TO ALL OTHER EMPLOYEES who works extra hard to please a customer..

jrd1975

I have seen quite a few of overqualified people working for companies like Lowe's because of the economic situation in this country. We are headed toward slave labor...

even if you are a upper educated middle class employee. Wake up this is going to get worse before it gets better, we have lost our rights as a employee in this country.

I would imagine this is the beginning of their demise, but who knows with the sate of our economy. I have became a student of politics and economics after the meltdown that help destroy my life, so wake up we are weak as one, but mighty as many, so we have to unite and fight, we are being discriminated against for age, sex, education, etc and its time to march and picket and get the word out "WE ARE NOT GOING To TAKE It ANYMORE" Vote RON PAUL and restore our constitution.

I love that the appliance specialists are getting hurt. It brings me the utmost amount of joy because whenever i wanted to sell a refrigerator they would be selfish and take all the sells.

Guess what when they need help now because they are no longer motivated to sell the appliances I'm going to say "Live it, Learn it, Love it". Cheers losers.

Tell everyone to stop shopping at Lowes and let them fell the mistake they made!! Remember the $5 Bank of America fee They backed off that decision quick when they felt the backlash!

lowesboycott.com

It was lowe's decision to discontinue the spiffs. They vendors are still paying them.

That's where the lower cost will come from, which I will believe when I see it. I was hired with spiffs part of my compensation package. Not everyone or anyone has the skills necessary to sell high end projects which is why lowes hires specialist. As for them giving us half of our commission we would have earned that or more anyway had we kept the spiffs.

I alone in my store sold almost a million dollars of flooring. No one helped me do that my skills, customer service and dedication did that.

In response to Andrew, i'm a lowes employee & i may only be a associate and didnt make spiffs. But for a company to do what they did to them with only 3 days notice is morally & ethically Wrong. They have families, kids, college to pay for, bills to pay. To not give them sufficient notice for them to figure out what their going to do next is not right.

Why should the 30% embrace the change when the company cant respect what in some cases 5, 7, 10+ years of loyalty? Anyone who wants to get out deserve to find something else & move on because it can only get worse from here on out.

LEF is nothing but fail waiting to happen if they cant appreciate their people.

I work at a lowes & i can understand if they told them ahead of time, give them a chance to figure things out, how it will affect their livelihoods. But 2 days notice is not good.

Between their new customer focused driven attitude, the mylowes which have been a technical nightmare pushing it to the moon when it wasent ready to be released & taking away commissions, that's more than sending out mixed signals.

U want us to work harder, be all up and in the customer so deep we can see their molars but dont want to give out extra. It's only going downhill from there

You people who say that appliance specialist shouldn't have been getting paid so much. That it wasn't fair anyway.

Bull ***. I was lured away from another company by Lowes management using the commissions and spiffs as a bargaining tool. They wanted me because I had ten years of proven sales experience and look and act professional. Those of you who have never held the appliance specialist position have absolutely no idea all of the things that job requires on a daily basis.

Have any of you who says appliance spiffs were not fair ever been appliance specialists? That is what is wrong with this company. Every one is constantly making judgments about what others in the store are doing. IF YOU HAVE NEVER DONE THEIR JOB YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

I hope to hear back from anyone who has held the appliance specialist position that thinks they didn't do plenty to earn that pay. There is not another position in the store besides possibly cabinets that takes care of even 10% of the customer problems that appliances does.

It's like going from Capitalism to Socialism. It is all part of working for a Corporation in these tough economic times.

The warning signs have been there for awhile folks! Remember the Class-Action Lawsuit over the Fluctating Work-Week Pay. a/k/a Chinese Overtime? Watch, the next step will be that the Stock Holders demanding a buy-out.

Then Lowes will be bought out by a Private Investment Group.

Private equity firms are the bottom-feeders of the corporate world that just "strip & flip". The same thing happened with ServiceMaster, and then they went to ***

For the rest of the story go to WWW.GLASSDOOR.COM

:cry :( :x :sigh :upset :eek

Dear @lowesemployee,

Wow, maybe you should start stocking shelves, since you don't want to sell anymore, even though you're still making a lot more $ than the people that enable you to be a salesman.

Lowes employee, you are correct. Of course most of the whining comes from appliances:).

I hope these decisions will *** out the bitter employees so we can just move on and see what comes next! Rumor has it that SSEI will be better this year, so maybe this is a good thing....I hope!

I could tell you do not work on the sales floor. Get the next cabinet call button you hear and help that customer out. Answer some of their questions. This could be a potential 30k sale that will probably walk out of the store when they see how unprofessional you are carrying your mountain dew in your vest pocket and wearing a tshirt.

Where do you think your hourly pay comes from? The people that can make or break the weeks sales for the whole store just got smacked in the face. You want fair game? You just got it my friend. So when the appliance specialist is taking his first 15 minute break of his life in the break room. I hope you can special order that 3500 dollar wall oven, and I sure hope it fits in the customers opening......

Keep stocking shelves and collect your pay

Thank you Brenda for being honest. I agree with you about yes you are loosing money, but what about those in a non selling position, because i am in a non selling position, but i have had to help in appliances a many of times. I not once have made commission or spiffs because of my non selling position which is fine, i knew that when i took the position. It just bugs me when i hear appliance associates talk about oh i can't believe Lowe's did this to me, i am not staying in this dept, i am going to look for a different position. Hello wake up and smell the coffee. Why should appliances associates get paid extra for doing their job when other associates, not just non-selling but like building materials and cashiers for example don't get extra money for doing their job.

Sorry, but that's just how i feel.

Sorry, but that's just how i feel.

That is not all completely true. Yes Lowe's employees are loosing their spiffs and commission, but what they are not telling you is that they are still going to get paid their regular salary( which is not that bad), plus 1/2 of what they made total in spiffs/commission last year.

Yes i hate it that they are loosing money. But be thankful that they still get something.

Lowe's was the only retail store left that gave their employee spiffs plus a nice regular salary. Also, i don't think it was Lowe's per-say that is getting red of commission, i think it's more of the company's like Frigidaire, Whirlpool, Samsung etc...

That's the real story........

I have worked at lowes for 7 years, I have held several positions. As a specialist, I am losing half of my commissions as well.

It's not ideal, but keep in mind the non selling associates NEVER make extra money no matter how hard they work. We have four people in our store in the same department that made 9 k, 10k, 17k and 18k in spiffs and commission. It's not because two sold better than the other two, its because they refund/rebilled to pad their sales.

Sure maybe we are gonna lose 30% but if we gain honest employees that aren't gonna steal from my employer and essentially my 401k, then I'm all for it. Yes, the pay cut sucks but at least we made extra money in previous years, some associates have never had that chance.