6.9K views

I am an ex employee of Lowe's I worked there for well over a year and put in a lot of time and effort. I took my job seriously and went out of my way to prove that. I came to work sick with the flu or any other illness and waited until i was sent home verses calling in to work.

The time where I had to call and not be at work for a few days was when I had gone to the doctors after acquiring a head injury. I came back to work a few days later with my doctors note that I handed to HR i worked that day and the next day and got fired a few days later for absenteeism. even though I had a doctors note the store manager told me it didnt matter.

I was out with a head injury did they seriously think that I was able to perform my daily tasks when i was constantly dizzy and blacking out ?

horrible treatment to their employees. and If i was so wrong that I got fired how come i am the only one from that store who had fired who was approved for un employment??? no one else got it in that store the hr manager prides herself in fighting unemployment but they knew they were wrong and didnt fight me

Review about: Lowes Manager.

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Comments

I just resigned after PT Lowes for 15 months.@ Sandy Springs, Ga.The store manager--openly ***--& cast of managers--senior Stock Boys--tone & attitude toward associates was terrible.

They were arrogant, no help most of the time & talked to you like you were an ***.

The work load has become total Daily Beat Down with gross understaffing & people leaving.

*** barn yard Manager pushing u all the time.

Glad to be gone.

San Juan Capistrano, California, United States #1127576

I too was fired from Lowe's because I suffered from foot problems due to the concrete floor I had to walk on all day long in the store and had to take some time off.I mentioned this to the store manager and he stated not to worry about it and just take care of myself.

Well, the store HR lady later advise me that I would terminated for abuse of sick leave. I have retained an attorney and will see them in court soon.

I advise anyone who has been terminated from Lowe's to seek legal help.They do not follow our employment by-laws in California.

Tolleson, Arizona, United States #960392

They set you up to fail.Was an Appliance Specialist for 9 years and saw this time and again.

Our HR "Manager" was worthless. She was a clerk at best. Sucked up to the Store Mgr. and did was necessary to keep the job.

Requests were usually met with rebuttal.

"Not company policy" was the favorite line.

Praises for good work were rare.Usually followed next day with something you did wrong.

The store has a tremendous pool of talent from older, experienced people and they are treated like nothing.

Always threatening the "Write up".

Working for Lowe's is like living a lie.You have to lie to the customers by pretending it's a good place to work.

Worst of all you have to lie to yourself to drag yourself out of bed and tell yourself it could be worse. Then it gets worse still. They are now considering opening on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Family values or Profit?

Multiple occupations, several employers, 40 years of employment, worst job, worst company ever.Their executives should be in jail.

I worked Lowes going on 5 year at store 2624 the store.after reading this page I hadn't realize that every store is about the same.I got fired 2 week ago.

At 2624 the stock crew started work at 4am I was the only man on that shift. This shift change didn't start untill February of this year 4 out the 5 years my employment my was to unload the trucks and put up freight. The other employs had to help out when they came in. Now this was a part time job so the hours were no more than 5and a half a day.

Well the department manager complained so much till the store manager finally changed it. She hired 4 new employes to unload at night and we had to stock it from 4am to 10am. Now Thur all this I was the only man in the team of 4.I'm not saying women don't work but the camera don't lie. I worked hard every day "Mr happy go lucky" as some would say.

I was turned down on a full time unloader and full time stocker. My manager knew for shore that I would get the full time position each time I applied. The store manager both times hired some one with no experience. Thur all this I keep my head up high didn't let it bother me until I started noticing the store manager working with the females only.

See at 2624 the manager is ***. I guess I should have nown what I was getting into that day when she hired me.I always figured if u work hard ur get ahead. Well let me get back to my complait I got fired cause of my tardy I amit I was late a often o boy did...

I was really shock when she terminated me. The hardest worker in receiving.

I always had a good atitude, helped everyone employes & customers I had bills and problems outside work but I lefted that home.My thing is and always be god let me wake up and gave me the ability to go to work j.g.gaskins.john@gmail.com

Ponca City, Oklahoma, United States #799122

I worked for Llowes years ago & had no problems there.Then last year I went to work for one season again & found it had completely changed.

I got sick of all the BS I too went to eork sick with an infected tooth that had one side of my face swollen to the point one eye was swollen shut.

No manger sent me home, just rude remarks.I don't even shope there anymore.

Burlington, Iowa, United States #727965

I worked as a vendor at Lowe's for a couple of month's, 'til I couldn't stand it any longer. The managers were all total jerks. When in the break room, no one spoke more than a few words, 'cuz what you said would find its way to the top. Employees would get fired for swearing, so they'd call each other names of store managers, to get the desired effect.

One Saturday, I found some returned, used riding mowers blocking my work area. They had been sent out to a mower shop for repairs, now here they sat in my work area with dead batteries and flat tires. I asked the store manager if he wanted me to shove them outside to get them out of the way. He said fix them, then put them out front to sell at the original price. I told him Huffy's contract forbid me to make repairs on used power outdoor equipment. He blew his cork and said if I didn't have anything else to do, I could go home. No problem.

As I was shutting down my workplace computer. I notice the big man was on his cell as usual. He was over near the the electric material lifts sitting near their charging stations. All hooked up in a safety harness and latched onto the roll cage of one doodlebug, yet he unhooked the freshly charged battery and made ready the doodle bug next to the one he was tethered to. Still blabbing on his store cell, he took off full bore. Well, the cable of the safety tether soon snatched him off hard and slammed him to the concrete floor! I grabbed my sign-out...

The following Tuesday was my next work day. As I tried to make it to my work area, I saw that it was crammed full of all sorts of merchandise and mowers. I grabbed a doodle bug and plowed it into the mess, shoving it 'til I made a hole big enough to get to my tools and my phone. I called my boss and told him what had happened and quit my job.

to Rick #976166

lol, love it

to Rick Woodbridge, Virginia, United States #1112194

funny story, thanks.

I too was hurt on April of this year.After 2 months, Lowes workers comp denied my claim, saying i was hurt over a year ago.

I was, LIFTING WATER HEATERS FOR LOWES!!!!. I was also refused right to have specialist of my choice examine me. Now as a consumer, after seasonal department manager told me to return and get exchange on pressure washer I purchased, Lowes admin manager at this store refused to honor the decision of the department manager and said it would have to be sent for repairs. IT WORKED ONLY 1 TIME!!!!!!!!

I EVEN PURCHASED EXTENDED WARRANTY AND BOUGHT REPAIR PARTS OUT OF MY OWN POCKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(