Filter by rating :
filters

The fence without gates | Lowes in Richmond, Indiana

1.8
My wife and I purchased a fence from Lowes. Lowes was to provide the fence and have it installed. In 6 days it will be 3 months since our in person order was made. Lowes tells us now that the manufacture does not make a gate to match the fence we purchased. We bought the fence for a home we just purchased. The fence was purchased to contain our dog when he goes out. Now Lowes installer tells us it may be next spring before he can finish the fence due to cold temperatures affecting the vinyl fence during installation. We put the fence on our Lowes card and have to make payments even though we don't have the fence. The fence department at Lowes here in Richmond In. is ran by Corey and Heather both refuse to return calls. The manager of the store told me he did not believe our story of poor service. We then filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. That's when we found out that Lowes has a special department to handle these issues. We were then offered 3 options to correct the issue. After deciding on Lowes replacing the fence with a fence that has a matching gate Lowes again would not return calls. So back to the Better Business Bureau. After filing another complaint Lowes called us again. With a promise to have information to us today on a new fence with a matching gate. It is 3:00 in the afternoon and I doubt I hear from Lowes as promised. We have lived in this community our entire lives. We have never experienced anything like this in our lives. Lowes does not care about it's customers nor the products it sells. We are still walking our dog to let him do his business. And Lowes is still AWOL. Before doing business with Lowes or any business please check into the store. I wish we would have. Mike Earlywine, Army Veteran, past Business Owner for 36 years, and now a 11 year Broker with Coldwell Banker Real Estate. 765-993-9370
Lowes Fence Installation
Cons
  • Entire process

Don't get Fence installation in IL | Lowes in Chicago, Illinois

1.5
Don't get a fence installed with them unless you want a headache if they mess up. A fence install was supposed to take one day, however someone messed up and didn't count the pieces correctly & was missing a post. They didn't inform me of this until afterwards and left me without a gate for about a week. I have 2 dogs but no one wanted to take responsibility for the error so I kept being told to contact production office which is located in Indiana. My project coordinator was very unresponsive. I had to show up at the actual store location that I signed the contract at to get help and even then was told that it was all up to production. Now I'm currently experiencing an issue with a latch and have been contacting the company for over a month. I keep being told it's the installer that isn't getting back to them. However, that's not really a valid excuse as I signed a contract with Lowes, not their installer. No one ever returns phone calls and when you get ahold of a customer service rep they give you the typical responses however no actions are ever taken. When asked if they could switch my installer I was told Premier Fence (who isn't responding to any inquiries) is the only installer they have. Finally after calling Lowes several times yesterday, the installer called me and said they'd come out today between 9-11am. No one ever showed up or called me to explain why. Completely frustrating! Don't use Lowes or apparently Premier Fence if you live in the Chicagoland Area!
Lowes Fence Installation
Cons
  • Disinterest on the part of lowes employees
  • Lack of response
  • Unprofessional delivery service and call back promise
Order processing issue

Lowe’s Need Integrity | Lowes

3.8
Lowe’s Need Integrity  - Lowes
In the 4th of Jan 2017 I signed a contract with Lowe’s to remove and haul away 59ft of chain link fencing around driveway. Install 109ft of 4ft chain link fence to include 1 4ft walkgate and 1 10ft drivegate. Install 55ft of 6ft wood Privacy fence. Clean and remove all job related materials. The material And installation was on or about 16 Jan 2017. I called Lowe’s the next day to let them know that mud from the chain link install was left in the driveway and their were large gaps in the fence. Contractors came back a couple days later and used my water hose to wash the mud away from my driveway. Dexter also took some extra boards which had been put in my shed that was left over from install and nailed them over six large gaps in the fence. So basically he refenced a new fence. I asked him if the fence needed to be primed he said NO. About a month later I emailed and called Candi Ridge Lowe’s Project Coordinator for the Chester store in VA. about the nails coming out the fence and the gaps. The contractor came out for the second time and knocked some nails back into the fence. I was told at that time that the Nail gun that was used at install didn’t have enough pressure in it that’s why the nails didn’t go all the way through and were backing. I don’t know anything about Nail guns. I worked as an IT Specialist for the Army for 32 years. Anyway I emailed Ms Ridge again about the fence and I have been constantly emailing her about the fence. Finally another contractor Jeremy came out on August 18, 2017 to knock some more nails into the fence. I also was told that I would have to pay 1000.00 for Lowe’s to send the contractors back out to fix my fence. I have a year warranty on this fence. I have been sending Ms Ridge the pictures of this fence falling apart since it was put up. Jeremy the last contractor said Lowe’s should be ashamed of what they are doing. The gaps in the fence is not normal. Maybe if they had of used the boards leftover in my shed I wouldn’t have so many gaps. The fence was put up because my neighbor kept coming on my property. The district attorney advised me to get the fence as a deterrent. I’ve gotten security cameras because of my neighbor. We’ve been to court three times. He was ordered to go to Chesterfield Mental Health 6 months. When I’m in my yard I don’t want this man watching me. My contract said wood Privacy fence. I can understand some spaces but not the gaps this fence have. Lowe’s should be ashamed of themselves not honoring the warranty especially since I have been constantly communicating with them about this fence. I will not buy anything from Lowe’s again. Wouldn’t recommend anyone to them. They take advantage of senior citizens especially ones that are afraid of their crazy neighbors. I have voice video from my Security camera that I sent to Ms ridge but she said she couldn’t open it but the pictures speak for themselves.
Michele G

That is so sad. I wish there was a way to get the word out to the public about Lowe's and their hiring process of installers.

Without getting myself in trouble let's just say I'm knowledgeable to some degree. They will hire installers without checking their credentials. And they go through installers like most people change their pants.

On the other hand there are a few very good installers, but Lowe's treats them like crap and therefore they do not stay long. Home Depot on the other hand I have found is wonderful, does a thorough background check and calls and make sure everyone is satisfied.

The fence from *** / Lowe's | Lowes

It started in June when I signed a contract with Lowe's to add to an existing fence (I was fully enclosing my dog run). The contract stated that the work would be completed by Sunday, July 16th. Lowe's did not show up or even return my numerous calls 'til I said I wanted my money back. A young woman from Lowe's installation company called and told me I needed a permit to do this. After spending an entire day checking on this "needed" permit... I was told that I didn't need a permit ! I called my salesman and told him if Lowe's can't put my fence in by next week I want a full refund or I'd sue them for breach of contract. Immediately after talking with the salesman, the installation dept. called. Lowe's put the fence up Monday July 24th, EIGHT days after the contractually agreed upon date. The fence Lowe's put up was rusted. I pointed this out to the installers and they told me to wire brush the rust out and spray it with WD-40. I said no. Then they said they'd do it if I had some WD-40, after spending 20 minutes looking for the oil it dawned on me that I didn't work for Lowe's. I told the installer's to call their sprvsr. and that I'd paid for a NEW fence. The installers said they'd come back and replace the fence in 2 weeks or less. They never came. After SIX calls I was finally given a new fence on August 11th. Terrible experience. Lowe's should be ashamed.

What kinda of *** reply ? Isn’t it consumer protection against things like this ? Shane on Lowe’s , the thing is sign the contract through Lowe’s , not with the “lowest bidder” , from the eyes of the law , Lowe’s is fully responsible for their so called “ lowest bidder “

Lowe's doesn't install fences or anything else. They contract it out to the lowest bidder so they can be the lowest priced company selling fences. What else did you expect when you bought the lowest price fence you could find?

@Anonymous

Lowes Customer service is horrible hands down trust me i know i install for lowes. I would never recommend lowes installation to anyone i care about.

They only get customers because they finance. Ive witnessed so many nightmares i could write a book thicker then the bible.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Fence Installation
Cons
  • Read the compliant tired of playing games

Vinyl Fence installation | Lowes in Monroe, Washington

1.8
Vinyl Fence installation - Lowes
First they said it was a two day project that turned into a week long project that actually over a month later is still not done. They also said they would be in contact from start to finish and I was never contacted. I came home one day and my driveway was blocked with materials then a few days later they just showed up to start work didn't even call first. The gate latch on the walk thru gate is already falling off, one of the boards is too short leaving a gap at the top and they never finished the custom gate on the motorhome side. No latch, no wheels they just attached the old wheel from the old gate and it just drags on the ground and there is no way to keep it closed. For something that cost almost $14,000 it was a really *** job!
Machele

For the amount of money you spent on the fence you would be best served by contacting an attorney for a free consult to see what you can do. Since you apparently contracted thru Lowe's, it is up to them to provide a quality product and a proper construction.

I expect the sub contractor(s) they hired to do the job were at fault, but that's Lowe's problem. A good attorney can help you make things right, altho you will have to pay him.

However, you can also ask for attorney fees, etc. The sub contractor most likely has nothing but Lowe's does and should be on the hook.

Lowes Fence Installation
Cons
  • Poor workmanship from contractor
  • Did not finish the job
  • Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Poor fence install | Lowes in Denver, North Carolina

2.4
Purchased a fence from them. They installed the fence too low in the ground. The bottom rail is just above the dirt. They kept delaying fixing it until the 1 year warranty expired. Spoke to corporate and they want to charge me to raise the fence to the proper height. The fence company they use is Price Family Fencing. I'm very disappointed that Lowes won't stand behind their work. The fence company should have realized their mistake. Come see the terrible job in villages of Denver.
Bad quality

Never get any fences installed from Lowes

1.3
My pain started with Lowes last year in May. As usual the sales person was ready to get me signed of on the fence project as soon as possible which I signed in early May. They started billing me from May for the whole project (parts and installation) as they convinced me to buy the Lowed Credit card which offered financing. The parts was delivered in about 3-4 weeks and then I had to wait another couple of weeks like mid July to start the install. The contractors who Lowes hired were so unprofessional and unexperienced to get this job done right the first time and they did not put the fence on the right property line and had to restart again. Now the panels were not poured enough concrete (see pics). Even after showing them the location of the underground sprinklers, they punctured the pipes and now they were focusing on fixing the pipes. Finally, they managed complete the install (which looks wobbly and unstable now instead of a straight line) by September and during all this time I had fence parts, screws, nails on my driveway. Not to mentioned they mixed concrete on my freshly seal coated driveway which now has concrete on it (see pics). Now for the best part, the sales guy told me the fence is supposed to be warranted for lifetime and can withstand Hurricane Katrina winds. Fortunately (unfortunately for Lowes) for me we had a winter with heavy winds (and these are not Hurricane force winds) and 2 of the panels broke and needs replacement and there are gaps between the panels which defeats the purpose of an opaque fence. Fortunately for me I was under the one year of Labor warranty so I was eligible to get this replaced at no cost. I called them in March to get this done and its now June and nothing has been done so far inspite of calling every other week with an assurance someone will get back and till now no ETA for getting it fixed. And now I am told those fences are out of production and will need to wait more to see what they can do. Why would you put fences that would go out of production in less than a years time? I have paid close to 7K thinking that Lowes is a bigger company and will stand behind their work and product instead of getting this done by a local contractor whose estimate was close. Will be taking this matter to social media, BBB and local AG Office for the way I have been taken for granted as its been very frustrating. I am sorry if this post is too long but wanted to save people their hard-earned money than going to these unprofessional to get any of home projects done by Lowes. So the lesson learnt it DONT EVER TRUST LOWES WITH YOUR HOME PROJECTS AS THEY DONT STAND BEHIND THEIR WORK !!!!

inspite -- despite

"to get me signed of" -- get me to sign off

Resolved: Lowe’s installed the fence incorrectly which voided warranty | Lowes

3.0

Update by user Jul 18, 2017

All, as of today Lowe's gave a full refund for the fence. my thanks to everyone that helped get this resolved. My special thanks to my Lord for answering my prayers.

Update by user Jun 01, 2017

All with dad dying I forgot the emails with Fiberon. This is what I received: Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 9:53 AM "My understanding from last week was yes, another manager was taking your claim over as of yesterday and Travis was going to have him up to speed on the claim before he left.

The new manager is Brandon Wilson and he is supposed to reach out to me once they make a determination on their part of the claim. We have agreed to partner with them on a settlement, but I don’t know what they are willing to offer.

Travis wanted to work with Brandon when he reported to the store yesterday as it will ultimately come out of his budget once it is resolved, and then they would contact me. I would assume to hear sometime either today or tomorrow and will follow up with Brandon if I don’t hear anything by tomorrow afternoon."

Update by user Jun 01, 2017

The Review about: is for Lowe's

Original review posted by user May 31, 2017

Lowe's installed my Fiberon WoodShades fence with a 20 year warranty. 5 years later (2016) the fence composite covering is cracking and peeling. One post was not set in concrete and wind from a storms tore out three sections. Fiberon had me send pictures, Marie at Fiberon tells me the fence was not installed correctly which voids the warranty. Marie sent me the install specs and sure enough there are several things not done by Lowe’s such as concrete amount (12" diameter X 24" deep with 6" of gravel in bottom to control moisture thus caused cracking & peeling), screws to fasten rails to post (lose post and no screws 3 section tore out), spacing requirements not met (for post to post & post to rails), Pickets are lose and It goes on and on. I was told today that Lowe’s will do nothing. I am out over $5,670, Lowe’s installed the fence incorrectly which voided the Fiberon warranty. So again the little guy gets beat down by the big guy corporate. Is there no justice for us.

I’m going through the same thing with Lowe’s now. Installed WoodShades composite fence.

In 3 years the composite started peeling off the posts...Lowe’s replaced the posts. Here we are three years later and the same problem, plus pickets warping, etc.

Fiberon said it’s installed incorrectly and Lowe’s said installation is only guaranteed for a year, so it’s our problem. Paid $20,000 for a fence that was supposed to last for 20 years and it looks like *** Lowe’s needs to make this right!!!

This exact thing happened to me. And worse and I am still fighting this fence battle.

Install began in 2013. Most of the fence had to be replaced. Work started 2016 and finally finished 2017. This week the metal hinge broke off.

Lowe’s referred me to manufacturer. Hoping things will work out but warranty was voided originally due to improper installation.

Brooklin
@T.Sanford

After I told Lowe’s about the fence falling apart I was told by Lowe’s to contact the fence maker. After I contacted the manufacturer of the fence they asked for pictures.

After they saw the pictures the manufacture told me that the fence was not installed per the instructions thus voiding the warranty and sent me the instructions for installation. My prayers were answered by contacting the Better Business Bureau who worked with Lowe’s corporate.All I wanted was the fence to be installed according to the manufactures instructions. Lowe’s locally elected to refund what I paid to purchase and install.

I now have to take down and get rid of the fence and decide on a new fence and who to install it.Yesterday I dug up one of the post, there was very little concrete and no grave in the bottom of the post hole. There should have been 12 inches diameter of concrete all the way down to the 6 inches of gravel.

@Brooklin

The local Lowe’s store generously paid to have the fence reinstalled. However, the pivot hinge of the gate broke off 15 months after install.

Sent email with pictures in to Fiberon as directed by Lowe’s. The manufacturer stated the gate installation was incorrect and provided logical reasons (which I raised concerns about during installation but was dismissed by the installer) for the gate failure that are reasonably installer’s fault. When I called Lowe’s back they were hesitant to provide any help because they had already paid to have the fence replaced. Which is illogical because they (the Lowe’s agent) did not follow proper installation procedures and therefore should be liable for repairs and CORRECT installation.

Which is what I contracted for. Certainly not improper installation.

How did you get Lowe’s to refund you? I’m in the same situation. I didn’t realize it was installed incorrectly until it started coming down.

Brooklin
@Tiffany

View more comments (5)
Resolved Featured
Lowes Fence Installation
Cons
  • Warranty service
  • Customer dis-service
  • Disinterested personell
Reason of review
fence warranty void due installed incorrectly
Preferred solution
replace entire fence and install as fence maker instructions

Do not hire lowes

1.5
The reason I gave Lowes my fence business is because they install carpet for an apartment complex that I own. I never had a problem with the carpet contractors. So I hired Lowes for a fence install. They sent a contractor (Hollywood fence). in short they did a horrible job. I would never hire either company again. after waiting for 3 months for the installation. Part of the fence fell down. I then waited another 2 months for the reinstall. The fence is now reinstalled uneven and looks terrible. I will fix it myself at that point. if you choose to hire them, at least you've been warned. When you call the store they hand you over to the corporate office somewhere in North Carolina. No one from Lowes would come out to see the work. What a nightmare.
Lowes Fence Installation
Cons
  • Thier customer service and contractor
Tags
  • Fence Install

Fence installation | Lowes in Stow, Ohio

1.6
Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. The scheduling is a nightmare, customer service clueless, installation guys rude and unprofessional and the length of time till you actually get your fence is ridiculous. Top dollar for *** service. The supplies are still sitting in my driveway waiting to be installed, and the manager who assured me he'd take care of everything has to be called over and over again as they don't have voice mail when they are not avialable. I've made about 15 calls to Lowes trying to figure out what is going on and still have gotten now where. The only people worth anything are the sales guys that will charm you into that sale and credit approval. Don't fall for it, they suck
Mary D

I can understand your pain with the same store. I was promised a fence installation in Spring.

Fence finally installed July 1st. Lowes forgot to order the gate. It's now mid August and still no gate. They are holding me up from other projects I need to get done.

All I get are promises. Other customer.

projects are getting done and I keep being pushed to the back burner. Good luck!

Lowes Fence Installation
Cons
  • Installation people
fence installation