Product: Lowes Fence Installation Rating: 3 Stars Clear all filters (5 of 70 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Product:
Rating:

Lowes - Gates will not close.

2.8
Installed fence 8 months ago,fence has 2 gates,gate post are lose in the ground,gates will not close without pushing post to the side.They used VERY LITTLE concrete to set the post.The job was to be done in 30 days, took 3 months.
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Beverly, Massachusetts - Worse Experience Ever.Stay Away

2.7

Update by user Nov 27, 2018

Sorry for some of the typos was so pissed typing this on my cell phone .

Original review posted by user Nov 27, 2018

WARNING STAY AWAY. after a couple of high estimates decided to go with Lowes in danvers Ma.they were a little less for the same fencing the others sell. this project is on going for 4 months, it should of been done in a month it took the vendor for ever to show up and Lowes never stayed on top their Vendor to make them finish the job....after a long while they came and installed one side ran out of materials because of bad measurements, it took 2 weeks to get more fence materials and a while again for their vendor to come back out to do the other side . on 11- 18 vendor caame back out and started the other side they ran out of material again due to incorrect measurements by 2 Feet now the job is held up again Total time 4 months and counting .The vendor always comes when we are going to have a big rain shower the day beofe or after . this visit the day of a big rain storm . now its setting and need to be fixed ...Lowes Never did their job efficient I complained to numerous people at the corporate office that handles installed stuff and the local store in Danvers Ma.still 4 months later and counting. Sorry to Say, Stay Away From Lowes Installs .there just isn't enough space tl list whatavbad experience this turn out to be my wife and I are so Disgusted with Lowes and Stress over all this ....paying for something that turned out Bad.

Usually estimates for fencing will specify how many feet of fencing will be installed. Was theirs the lowest bid because they were providing less fence in their bid?

Lowes Fence Installation

Lowes in Naples, Florida - 6 months to put a simple privacy fence up.

3.0
The Lowe's in east naples is terrible to work with. Had to pay $3500.00 up front then they dropped the ball. Screwed up the permit application , had a contractor not show up. Lied about left over material and did not want to credit for fence they picked up. Lisa the project mgn. was rude , did not call and communicate the problems that were delaying the project. In all took 6 months to complete. Phone call after phone call did no good. Filled out survey for lowe's never heard a word. Not looking to get my money back just would like someone in the company to acknowledge the problem.

Lowes special installation department in Oakland Park, FL is the worse and has the most disorganized unprofessional, unprincipled people I have ever dealt with. I should have trusted my intuition and let Home Depot install my fence. Now I have to take my case to court to sue Lowes for faulty material and poor workmanship and in summation, a very foul installation, overpriced and theft of my purchased residual material from the installation.

Lowes Fence Installation
Pros
  • Salesman
Cons
  • Project manager lisa
Order processing issue
Let the company propose a solution

Buyer beware, Lowes don’t care….

2.5
Buyer beware, Lowes don’t care….
I thought these review were a fluke, nope, Lowes did a terrible job. List of issues 1.I tried to cancel the order do to the recent bad weather knocking down a large tree, directly in the path of were the fence was to go. There was also the accumulation of a huge pool of water in the same path (It’s a new house, this was not anticipated or I would have had the fence put in another area of my yeard). I explained I need to re-assess the location of the fence because of the water table of terrain. The sale men would not let me cancel the order and simply replied (the fence parts will be dropped off on the 1st and the workers would install it the 5th.) giving me no option to cancel. I guess once Lowes has your order, there is no canceling no matter the reason. 2.It was two months before anyone replied to me to schedule the work. 3.The fence installer showed up unannounced a day early when I was not home and started working. Once again without notice. 4.The fence measurements were wrong; I am 3 feet short of the agreed-upon fence run. Let me make sure you understand what I am saying. Literally, Lowes left a 2 ½ foot gap in my fence. The whole reason for the fence was to keep my dog in the yard. Guess what the fence does not do now? So 3+ grand down the crapper! Thanks Lowes, 5.The installer did NOT consult me on changes to the original layout of the fence. Now I have a random gate at the end of the fence, NEXT TO A 2 ½ FOOT OPENING!!!! We have temporarily put some ugly green mesh up to block it until we can find a permanent solution. 6.The fence installers took it upon themselves to move the tree that was laying in the way (they were notified beforehand it was one of the reasons I needed to cancel the order), they dumped it in my NEIGHBOR’S YARD. Now I have to drag this very large tree and its parts over the fence and place it back into my own yard. 7.The fence posts are now running through topsoil where the water table floods the ground, this means the fence posts have been put in an unstable soil, and in a small amount of time the fence will start to lean at different angles. Also overtime the water will destroy some of the materials used in the fence. 8.They forgot the tension cable that they charged me for. 9.The installer took the remaining fence I had paid for. 10.The one piece he could not fit in his truck, he told me someone would pick it up and give me a refund for it. It is still sitting in my driveway. 11.FOLLOW UP CALL. The person who called me to follow up on the work performed had me take pictures and measure the dimension of the fence, which proved the fence was about 3 feet shy of the original agreed fence run. He did not offer to have the work completed, instead opted to blame the bush located about 3 feet away for the end of the run. At that point I told him I didn’t have time for this crap anymore. I could go on. But I think you get the idea….
Poor customer service

Resolved: Lowes - Lowe’s installed the fence incorrectly which voided warranty

3.0

Update by user Jul 18, 2017

All, as of today Lowe's gave a full refund for the fence. my thanks to everyone that helped get this resolved. My special thanks to my Lord for answering my prayers.

Update by user Jun 01, 2017

All with dad dying I forgot the emails with Fiberon. This is what I received: Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 9:53 AM "My understanding from last week was yes, another manager was taking your claim over as of yesterday and Travis was going to have him up to speed on the claim before he left.

The new manager is Brandon Wilson and he is supposed to reach out to me once they make a determination on their part of the claim. We have agreed to partner with them on a settlement, but I don’t know what they are willing to offer.

Travis wanted to work with Brandon when he reported to the store yesterday as it will ultimately come out of his budget once it is resolved, and then they would contact me. I would assume to hear sometime either today or tomorrow and will follow up with Brandon if I don’t hear anything by tomorrow afternoon."

Update by user Jun 01, 2017

The Review about: is for Lowe's

Original review posted by user May 31, 2017

Lowe's installed my Fiberon WoodShades fence with a 20 year warranty. 5 years later (2016) the fence composite covering is cracking and peeling. One post was not set in concrete and wind from a storms tore out three sections. Fiberon had me send pictures, Marie at Fiberon tells me the fence was not installed correctly which voids the warranty. Marie sent me the install specs and sure enough there are several things not done by Lowe’s such as concrete amount (12" diameter X 24" deep with 6" of gravel in bottom to control moisture thus caused cracking & peeling), screws to fasten rails to post (lose post and no screws 3 section tore out), spacing requirements not met (for post to post & post to rails), Pickets are lose and It goes on and on. I was told today that Lowe’s will do nothing. I am out over $5,670, Lowe’s installed the fence incorrectly which voided the Fiberon warranty. So again the little guy gets beat down by the big guy corporate. Is there no justice for us.

I’m going through the same thing with Lowe’s now. Installed WoodShades composite fence.

In 3 years the composite started peeling off the posts...Lowe’s replaced the posts. Here we are three years later and the same problem, plus pickets warping, etc.

Fiberon said it’s installed incorrectly and Lowe’s said installation is only guaranteed for a year, so it’s our problem. Paid $20,000 for a fence that was supposed to last for 20 years and it looks like *** Lowe’s needs to make this right!!!

This exact thing happened to me. And worse and I am still fighting this fence battle.

Install began in 2013. Most of the fence had to be replaced. Work started 2016 and finally finished 2017. This week the metal hinge broke off.

Lowe’s referred me to manufacturer. Hoping things will work out but warranty was voided originally due to improper installation.

Brooklin
@T.Sanford

After I told Lowe’s about the fence falling apart I was told by Lowe’s to contact the fence maker. After I contacted the manufacturer of the fence they asked for pictures.

After they saw the pictures the manufacture told me that the fence was not installed per the instructions thus voiding the warranty and sent me the instructions for installation. My prayers were answered by contacting the Better Business Bureau who worked with Lowe’s corporate.All I wanted was the fence to be installed according to the manufactures instructions. Lowe’s locally elected to refund what I paid to purchase and install.

I now have to take down and get rid of the fence and decide on a new fence and who to install it.Yesterday I dug up one of the post, there was very little concrete and no grave in the bottom of the post hole. There should have been 12 inches diameter of concrete all the way down to the 6 inches of gravel.

@Brooklin

The local Lowe’s store generously paid to have the fence reinstalled. However, the pivot hinge of the gate broke off 15 months after install.

Sent email with pictures in to Fiberon as directed by Lowe’s. The manufacturer stated the gate installation was incorrect and provided logical reasons (which I raised concerns about during installation but was dismissed by the installer) for the gate failure that are reasonably installer’s fault. When I called Lowe’s back they were hesitant to provide any help because they had already paid to have the fence replaced. Which is illogical because they (the Lowe’s agent) did not follow proper installation procedures and therefore should be liable for repairs and CORRECT installation.

Which is what I contracted for. Certainly not improper installation.

How did you get Lowe’s to refund you? I’m in the same situation. I didn’t realize it was installed incorrectly until it started coming down.

Brooklin
@Tiffany

View more comments (5)
Resolved Featured
Lowes Fence Installation
Cons
  • Customer dis-service
  • Disinterested personell
  • Warranty service
Reason of review
fence warranty void due installed incorrectly
Preferred solution
replace entire fence and install as fence maker instructions

Contact Lowes Customer Service