Knoxville, Tennessee
2.7

I am a handyman working for myself, and pay for leads on homeadviser.com. Service d a customer last week who had an issue with an old craftsman garage door opener.

I had reprogrammed the customers remote after (paying to) receiving the lead and charged the customer only $75 ( -$17.50 for lead + $10 for gas, 45 minutes travel each way), while I was there the door never door worked fine (ice storm was causing power to go on and off while there. Left homeowner happy. Received a call later that door was malfunctioning again and returned at no charge. Discussed the problem with homeowner, who decided he wanted to buy a new opener and have me install it the next day for 150.

When the customer purchased the garage door opener they asked how much he was paying to have it installed. They counter offered for twenty dollars less, and sent someone to install it. It is almost impossible to compete with these stores who have such large volume sales. I know customers want low prices but lowes and homedepots practices are running me out of business.

It's also the luck of the draw, many of there installers have little experience and are not properly compensated for their time. Soon people will call for a problem that needs someone with experience, and no one will come.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States #1041498

Lowe's Treated Deck Lumber -Contaminated!!!! Do NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!