Seller: Lowes Product: Lowes Gift Card Clear all filters (0 of 21 reviews match)
filters
Seller:
State:
Show
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Lowe's Next day delivery JOKE!!!

Purchased a Whirlpool side by side on Saturday, they wouldn't deliver until the following Saturday (& we live in a small town). That's one week not next day. So, my husband and I couldn't wait and rented a Uhaul. We have 3 kids, one that needs refrigerated medication. Brought the fridge home in the Uhaul on Sun, husband and neighbor scratched the top of the fridge door bringing it in (never would have happened if their people delivered it next day) So Lowe's contacts me with an offer of a $50 gift card. What about the $100 for the Uhaul, $600 for a new door since it was scratched? You say "next day" delivery...joke! Never again will I purchase from them I am beyond pissed and unsatisfied.
Scarface

If it says next day, it should mean next day! They had medical needs.

Can you people read Or are some of these commentors complete idiots? I think the latter.

You have some nerve. Your husband damaged something and you expect the store to pay for it?

Be thankful you got the $50. I would not have given you squat

OK so they told you before you paid for it that it would be 1 week before they could deliver right? Its their fault you decided to rent a Uhaul?

and YOU scratched it and you blame them? I suppose you are one of the "people of walmart" get a life.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Lowes in Gilmer, Texas - Gift card scam

Last Christmas we bought a gift card for our kids for Christmas, I always place any gift card inside another gift package and have the card inside a card. After our gifts have all been opened we box up special paper we are saving and special ribbon and name tags and put them in storage for next year. This year when I got out that box from last year I found that the gift card was still in the envelope in the box that had been put away last Christmas. Since the kids are now divorced my husband and I took the card to Lowes a few weeks later to use it ourselves. It would not work. They tried several things and finally gave me a number to call the next day. I did so and spent an hour and a half on the phone with them trying to locate the card. I was told that day that within a couple of days we would receive information on how to activate the card for use. Now I have received an email saying that the card was used....all of it last January. I have asked them to tell me when, what store and what was purchased, because it seem physically impossible unless they just wait to see if the cards are used and if not just use them themselves. I have not received a reply.
Lowes Gift Card

Lowes in Atascadero, California - Washer and Dryer on Sale Not Worth the Migraine

This is almost too much of a headache to write about so I will be as brief as I can. We purchased a Samsung front loading washer and dryer in November 2010 from the new Paso Robles Lowe's, about an hour from where we live. I am not using real names, but will if I need to verify any information. We got them on sale from a lady there, we will call her Jill, and thought we were getting a great deal since we researched them and price compared them before we finally made the decision to go with that pair at Lowe's. It didn't take too long initially to get the pair as they were in stock and they had supposedly checked in the back to make sure they were there and in great shape. Either way when they delivered them the dryer had two gashes across the door, a dent on the side, and was missing the legs making it sit lower than the washer. We called Lowe's and they ordered another dryer. We had to keep calling Lowe's to check on the dryer and explain the situation each and every time we called. After at Jill's instruction that it would be a month or more before they could expect anything in (it had already been 3 weeks at this point) and to try back then, we called back in a month. She said that it looks like everything was taken care of and we had already received the dryer. They forgot! Their customer service was horrible! Not only did they forget that we never received our dryer we never received our original receipt that Jill said she mailed to us as we made the purchase over the phone. Without that receipt it makes it harder to receive the rebates, and warranty from Lowes. We went back and forth with Jill and the store manager which, we will call Jack. He said it was impossible to print out another original receipt or a receipt with the Lowe's logo even on it. After two trips to Lowe's we were able to get a similar receipt that PG&E and the Gas Company accepted, thank goodness, as we were coming up to the deadline for the rebates. The dryer ended up taking over two months to receive because it was coming from Korea and it wasn't even the same color! Apparently because it was a different batch it was off color to what we had. So we turned that dryer away and after some calls to the store manager the guys delivering were allowed to switch out the door and put legs on the dryer we originally received. The store manager gave us 10% off the pair and was supposed to send us a gift card reflecting the amount, but we never even got that. When you can't even trust the Store Manager to follow through what does it say about the store? We will not be shopping with them anymore.

I agree that lowes has terrible customer service and cannot deliver products that are on sale. BEWARE before buying from lowes

Lowes Gift Card

Lowes in Shallotte, North Carolina - I'm A Lowe's Customer and want my rebate wahhh wahhhh wahhhhh

I was working at my register at Lowe's and a man comes in and says he wants his last day rebate for buying a bunch of *** insulation. Well,the rebate didn't print out as it was ENDED that day and another associate had to practically wipe his *** to get the rebate from the website for him. THEN he goes back to get more *** insulation so he can get his rebate again and a hundred dollar gift card for buying so much *** insulation. What kind of idiots are you guys that come into our store? Can't you come in without having issues to fix? You all make me want to vomit.

you know he's going to return all that stuff anyway when he gets his rebate back. happens all the time.

retailer4life, you are a ***.

He's also the customer that will be back at the service desk next week screaming as to why his rebate hasn't come in the mail yet.

ktownchris

you are a ***

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Greensboro, North Carolina - Unprofessional warranty service

I would never buy anthing from Lowes again that requires an warranty. On 7/20 my refrigerator broke down I call the warranty and they sent out app.+. the gut came in my home he wasnt friendly at all, i went down stairs so he can handle his business. 45mins. later he calls me upstairs and starts to go ffo on me in front of my kids,to react would have been a bad mistake for me. so i call and made a complaint. a few days later they sent out another mom and pop tech. dont get me wrong I have nothing agaist one person company,but a gaint like Lowes should be using better tech. so the second tech comes out and open the refigerator door and says: this unit is unrepairable. *** this *** didnt even plug the unit up. the 3rd service tech.comes out plugs the unit up unplugs it, *** both panels and say: it looks like a tech. drill *** in the freon line to see what was going on the the line, and the fan is out and the motherboard needs replacing.in any event you're covered and i'll oder the parts. make a long story short we went over 3 weeks with out a refrigerator, sure they replace the unit and paid $250 for food loss. but that is not good enough for me, I wish to be compensated for this ordeal. I was told I drill the hole in the line. i was told a gift was sent out, then i call back to tell them the parts are here but i dont need them, at this point i was told the gift card was cancelled. no one knew what the other was doing, no one check the notes from the GE service tech. and he was the only true tech. in the 1st. place. this is BS. I'm seeking $3,000.00 for compensation

$3,000 as compensation for everything? Are you serious?

It sounded like your problem finally got solved, but is there more to it that you are not telling us? :x

#191813

Ya,"Bozo" should learn how to write first. Also, for a corporate giant like Lowes to honor a warranty properly, you first MUST have people who are willing to do the work for Lowes.

Ask yourself this: How many people in reasonable driving distance are willing to work with the "CORPORATE GIANT" to provide service to others. Just as you are "cracked" on your writing skills because you were taught and practice "Forest Gump" style, maybe the small mom and pop guys who are the only ones brave enough to go head-on with the Giant should maybe be given some courtesy and thank them, even if they were taught and practice yucky people skills. GROW UP!

Maybe if some of the more established services stepped up to the plate, they might just teach the the "Little Guys" how to do things different. Don't be such a clown "Bozo".

#191506

What's up with people that feel they need "compensation" for everything? What happened to this bozo that is worth $3000?

View more comments (2)
Review
#198554 Review #198554 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Ridgeland, Mississippi - 18 Months of *** with Lowe's

18 months of *** with Lowe's. In February of 2008 my water heater went out. I purchased a new water heater from Lowe's for $550.00. 9 1/2 months later it goes out. Lowe's says, "That's between you and Whirlpool!" There is another site just for this model of water heater http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/whirlpool_water_heaters.html. The thing is Lowe's and Whirlpool both acknowledge a problem with the heater but they continue to make and sell them. I had to pay $1000 to put another water heater in. The only thing Whirlpool does is sends you a repair part that is defective as well. April of 2009, my son goes in and talks to someone at Lowe's about donating some materials for his Boy Scout Eagle project. The guy says, I would be happy to donate whatever you need. After loading all of the materials a few weeks later, the guy says "your total is $300.00". Needless to say the next day I returned $230.00 worth of the stuff. August 5, 2009, my wife and I go and order new carpet for our entire house. We have what is considered the main area and a formal living room. We originally thought about using a different carpet for the living room, but changed our mind when we went in to order it. We were very specific with the salesperson that we were doing the entire house in this one carpet. On the day of install,2 weeks later, they find out there is not enough carpet. The salesperson did not add the 2 areas together. So, we are told we have to pay and have more carpet ordered. We call on Tuesday the 25th, they say the carpet should be in by Friday. On Friday we call at 6:00pm and are told the carpet is scheduled for delivery on Sept.2. The manager we finally got to talk to says he asked someone the day before and was told that it had already been installed. Then the installer calls to schedule an appt. We are like "is it in?" Then the manager calls back and says something about how he was going to offer me a $100 gift card. Now, 27 days after the initial order, I am finally getting the rest of my carpet in. This sucks!!!! I have been put on hold for anything else we are trying to do for rennovations for 2 weeks and all they can say is that it was an honest mistake and offer me a $100 gift card.

Sounds like the sales person made an honest mistake and the manager gave you a very generous offer. What did you want them to do, give you the carpet for free?

Your purchase would have been the same amount if the sales person hadn't made the mistake. Yes, there were some inconveniences for you, but everyone makes mistakes. How would you like it if you were ridiculed and unforgiven for every mistake you make at your place of employment. Consumers have this expectation that all retail establishments owe them because they are doing them a favor for purchasing from them.

You have every right to be frustrated, but seriously, give them a break.

I know this post is extremely old, but these words had to be said.

I WORK AT THE LOWE'S IN XENIA OH. WE HAVE THE PARTS TO FIX THE PROBLEM FOR FREE...YOU JUST NEED MODLE # AND SERIAL # SUPPLIES ARE LIMITED SO AS LONG AS YOUR PATIENT, WE WILL DO WHAT WE CAN.. BUT I DO THINK WHIRPOOL SHOULD PULL THEM AND MAKE THEM RIGHT, BUT THATS UP TO WHIRPOOL ..

the water heater policy is set up by whirlpool. if they replace it for free, lowes eats it unless the consumer gets an RA number.

mine went out, called lowes, they explained it, i called whirlpool, got an RA number and returned it no questions asked.

they even gave me a reduced charge for having it installed. things happen!

So pay more and buy from a flooring outlet. You get what you pay for pal'.

Buy from a plumber and you'll see a totally different offering.

Twice the price on a label unknown. Same problems but no recourse.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Gift Card

Lowes in Shallotte, North Carolina - Totally Dumb and Sucky Customers Who Drive Lowe's Employees NUTS!

I work at Lowe's in Southport NC. I can't BELIEVE the attitudes some people have. Now,let it be known I bend over backwards and am nice to everyone no matter what but i have to vent. You lovely customers need to STOP coming in at five till close to do an installed sale. We cannot pull the money from registers till your *** is out of the store and it makes it harder on us. Another thing, you need to get a clue and a BRAIN and not wait till five till close to return 500 boards of lumber at the RETURN desk. That's what the lumbar area is for,though I doubt they appreciate that either. And if you DO bring a return,use some brain cells and BRING THE *** RECEIPT! If not you are getting a gift card. But of course you are going to *** and whine and moan about that because most of you no matter how hard we try want MORE MORE MORE sucking us dry like vampires. We are people too. I don't care if you live at St. James. WE MATTER TOO! THINK before you act. Period. I'm done now.

My favorites are the customer that actually gets pissed because we don't carry the twin male extension cord, that is an extension cord with a male plug on both ends. Or the ones looking for the 3 prong to 4 prong adapter for their new dryer.

Neither of these things actually exist. LOL They are right up there with the board stretcher.

another thing when you bring back the grass seed/ fertilizer throwers that you used to seed your yards ...MAKE SURE to (Wash them OUT) wouldn\'t want another customer who actually wants to purchse something they intend to use several times to see it\'s already been used and returned..might get the impression that the previous customer that purchased it was cheap

well I had a customer come in 5 till 10 with her son who was purchasing a carpet install. First time I've ever seen the woman...had been talking to him and his fiancee for 3 weeks prior about the install and carpet choices and leadtimes.

When she showed up I filled out the contract he signed it and I sold it thru the system. The next thing I know after 10 minutes of contract jots and tittles his mother said they wanted installed in 3 days...wellllllllll he had chosen special order carpet and he and his fiancee were aware of the leadtime of 2weeks. It was already 10:10 and registers were closed so I offered to correct everything first thing in the morning and they could pickout an instock carpet to be installed in 3 days..But what she didn't know the boy and his fiancee had already looked at ionstock carpet and didn't like it. Anyway after she went bonkers I went to my car in the parking lot and this lady was still going ape in the parking lot screaming and grunting like some sort of spastic clown.

Evidently the mother in law had something to prove to her sons fiancee I guess.

I have never seen such a display of lunacy. It also might help after someone asks you 3 times what can they help you with that you actually give them a response associated with retail merchadise you are actually looking for.

@incredible

So now lowe's is spending money to hire spies to watch the aisles for an employee who does not engage every customer so they can fire them. Now that is not saying they should not be enguaging everyone. But this does not give way to a chance of forgetfulness or accident of missing someone or even the fact you have greeted that person to death already but it means that a spy several aisles away from you can tell if you are speaking with a customer or even greeting them what a *** plan make employees anal about doing the job and fearful each day of on the spot termination

Ok so did we just help the problem with all of this positive talk??? Just curious......

You want change?? Have the courage to "CHANGE" your attitude and lead by

example! :)

Lance,

Hehe thank you! you read my mind..

Sapphirerain91.

Go back to the projects where you belong!

Go to home depot if you have problem with lowes then you'll go back to lowes when you have a problem with home depot.you want never be satisfied so go home an cry yourself to sleep.

Sally and Lance,

You miss the point. I don't know what kind of work you do or if you even work.

Think about how you want to be treated when you shop. It doesn't matter what kind of store. Now, think carefully about how you treat the people serving you. YOU may treat the people serving you with some amount of respect but many people shopping do not.

Saphirerain91 is not expecting people to treat her as royalty, she is not even asking people to treat her with respect. She is just asking people to not be disrespectful. Yelling at a cashier (who does not make the rules but must follow them) because you don't like the way the computer system is programed is just ridiculous. What do you expect her to do?.....rewrite the computer code and store policy to accomodate your yelling?

Do you expect the drycleaner to understand how the machines are put together and fix them if they go down? Do you expect the guy who mows your lawn to put together a lawn mower from scratch? Do you expect the pizza delivery guy to 1. fix the ovens if they break and 2.

repair his car himself? Then why do you expect the Lowes associates (or any other retailer) to rewrite the computer program for you? The computer program is what it is. Yelling and being rude to the associates will not give you your cash or whatever else you want.

If you don't like the associates response then ask for someone who has the authority to change it. Bottom line think before you react and be nice. It will get you a lot farther. Many of these associates have the same frustration you do and really do want to help you get the results you want.

Do you really think they want to be screamed at? It doesn't matter if you work a job for $5 an hour or $100. All any of us want to do is come to work, do our best and go home to take care of our families.

All of us want to be treated nicely or at the very least fairly. Remember that before you rush to hurtful words and nasty behavior.

@Been There Done That

Yes , You are soooooooo right. Most customer are good but you have some that are just plain ***.

Either they have money and think they are better than you are or just lead a miserable life and want to bring you down too.

I dont let them get to me anymore. I have worked at Lowes for ten years now and feel it is time for a change.

Your welcome S! Unless people have been there, they just do not get it. I challenge anyone that thinks that these people are parasites go out and get one of these parasitic job for a few weeks and see who the parasite really is.

:eek

My experience has revealed there are some people that are insecure with themselves or they "think" they have a little $$$ so that in turn requires the world to cater to them and they treat others as if they were beneath them. :roll Truth be told, people who have worked these jobs or people that DO in fact have any decent amount of $$$ usually do not treat people poorly. Most crawled though lowly parasitic jobs working for greedy individuals or corporations that denied offering any benefits so they could lined their own pockets. Some people have been there so they do not treat others poorly. Those that ride the coattails of their parents $$$, were handed $$$ from family or just live a lifestyle on plastic (credit cards) in my experience behave poorly. I have run into the occasional self made, independently wealthy ***hole too. ;)

Sapphirerain91

THANKS WHOA!!! :) :grin :grin

Sally, there are people that have Masters Degree that I know that have lost their GOOD PAYING, WHITE COLOR, 6 -FIGURE, ELITIST jobs and had to slum it by taking a job at local home improvement centers, retail shops and the like. Not their fault, just the way the economy is.

I also have friends with college age kids that work these jobs, so maybe they are getting an education while servicing some pompous, self righteous, selfish, better than most of the population, it is all about me minded customers.

Lance, to write such a post may be a reflection of ignorance, arrogance or stupidity. Whatever the case, I am sorry and apologize on your behalf for anyone that has any sort of contact with you. Those same people you may look at as being a "parasite to those that want to do better" may be the same people that mow your lawn, care for your kids, change your oil, clean your home, sell you clothing, check you out at the grocery store.

If not them, who would? You would need to! I hope that you are NEVER in a position where you would need to lower your standards and swallow that pride in needing to accept such a job to pay your mortgage or put food on the table for your family. In this current business environment where people are still losing jobs, GOD HELP YOU.

No one is immune. I have seen hot shot attorneys foreclose on homes, doctors that downsized their homes and their wives having to get a job (being a "parasite to those that want to do better" Ha, they may drive a better car than you do! An MD's wife is a cashier at the local grocer & drives a brand new Jag so go figure!) I know people with JD's that are scraping by working these jobs.

In closing, I hope your cleaning lady never gets a hint of your real feelings (working for minimum wage and no benefits, continuing being a parasite to those that want to do better), She just may use your toothbrush to scrape your toilet bowl. :eek Get a grip, you are NO better than anyone else.

Sapphirerain91

RIGHT ON Head Cashier!!!! :grin :grin :grin

The employee's of Lowes are just a reflection of their company. Poor attitudes, NO customer service, poor screening of subcontractors, dumb cashiers, and returned products back on the shelves because of a no care attitude.

Just keep on bit*chen and let see how Low Lowes can go.

@Another so called loser

Are you serious? It's likely entitled, selfish customers like you who make retail a living ***.

Employees, especially at the retail level (not management), do NOT have any control over the following: what is stocked, what the hours of operation are, what the prices are nor the policies.

Frankly, if you don't know what to do when you can't find a red vest, then I'm surprised you were even able to drive to the store by yourself.

You forgot to mention the person that comes in at five minutes to closing with five gallons of custom paint that didn't look right once they painted half their bedroom and wants a refund.

Or the one that brings in a shower head for a refund after putting it up and not liking the way it works. When you explain that Lowe's doesn't sell products manufactured exclusively for Wal-Mart. You get an ear full about bad customer service.

Lastly, my favorite. The customer that made a large cash purchase and refused to give their phone number at the register and gets upset that they are getting Merchandise Credit instead of cash back. The phone number really is to look up your purchase if you don't have your receipt!!

There, I am done venting now.

Sapphirerain91:

On behalf of consumers, I apologize. The fact that you do not understand the criticality of customer service in the current business environment is underscored by the fact you work for a big box retailer for minimum wage and no benefits. Please continue to be a parasite to those that want to do better.

You're the one that's "dumb and sucky" beacuse it's you that's working at Lowe's. Get an education and maybe you wouldn't have to deal with losers like the one's mentioned in your posting. I do understand your frustration though.

View more comments (17)
Loss

Lowes Scams Customers on Rebates

Promised an in-store rebate to have a dishwasher delivered, Lowes in Oaks, PA, will not honor the $75.00 rebate because we also had the dishwasher installed. They claim that it was not delivered, it was installed, a seperate and additional charge (which we also paid). The sales manager told me the dishwasher met rebate qualifications and the rebate form was printed out at the register. When we stopped payment on the check, the bank clerk remarked, "They won't give you the gift card will they?" We asked if this happens often and they stated that they can not say.

My contact info is below. I'm bringing claims.

Jos. Santoli, Esq

I purchased a $1,200 Kitchenaid Dishwasher online on June 29, 2012. Right under the "Add to Cart" buttom, it stated a rebate was available.

After I paid for the diswasher, I was taken to another screen that said the rebate program was called the "KitchenAid Major Appliance $300-$400 Rebate" and offered me a convenient area to download the form. I immediately downloaded the rebate form and filed it online. Unfortunately, I just received a letter saying I don't qualify for any rebate because I didn't purchase 3 appliances at the same time. MISLEADING!!!

This was stated nowhere during any part of the purchase or rebate process. I even read the Terms of Offere where it states "Consumer may choose one model per appliance type up to a maximum of 4 models, with a maximum rebate of $400 per household." It says nothing about a minimum.

WHAT A SCAM! I would have purchased a cheaper dishwasher!

Joseph Santoli, Esq.

Lowes has a history of this. If it happened to you call my cell at 201-926-9200 or email me at jsantoli@santolilaw.com with your tel no and details.

We are bringing claims to get scustomers their money back.

Jos. Santoli, Esq.

That happened to us as well. Even though we paid almost $1000 for a dishwasher there, they said we can not get the $150 back for the rebate that we filled. I am very upset about that.

I had to comment to upset, if your receipt show that you paid for a delivery, it will state right on the reciept, "delivery", right beside the number 2. Then you are able to get the rebate and I as a manager would make the call to the rebate center after you received your letter denying your claim.

to help you get your money.

BUT, if you did not pay for a delivery, please respond, why would you expect to get moneys for something you did not pay for. Please respond, I would like to know what are consumers are or are not thinking

I love the people who come into the store 2 months after their purchase and say " I didn't get my rebate and they show us the rebate receipt. We ask did you mail it in?

"NO". and they still want us to give them money for their *** mistakes.

What do they expect. For the retailers to always pay for their stupidity.

And most people on this forum do even read the rebates. Their just to lazy to do the work.

@robusto

Thanks for your reply. I will keep your post in mind when I think about going in lowes.

And they do have competition.

People like you make us shop with your competition. Hope you don't get down sized because of slow business.

Working @ Lowes, if you have the dishwasher installed they actually don't charge you to have it delivered so you wouldn't qualify for the free delivery. The free delivery rebate prints out automatically if your applaince is above $397.

The only rebate you may have qualified for was free installation if the dishwasher was above $497. This is a totally separate rebate and at the rebate center we can correct that for you if it happens.

Well, Mr. Lowes Knows, you popped up here, too.

C'mon, now, we @ Lowes you are a little slow and can only write that one little lowes lawsuits line, but step up, try real hard, and think up a complete sentence here.

Or maybe you cannot defend yourself in this forum..... Maybe you were one of the terminated Lowes "do nothing" associates and you too feel like venting with your all too stale lawsuits line......

www.lowes-lawsuis.com

Hey, "upset customer" do you also want someone from here @ Lowes to come over and wash the dishes for you, too? These posts from you guys are getting ridiculous!

Like I said before to CMiller Now read CAREFULLY HERE.... THE $140 INSTALL PRICE INCLUDES THE DELIVERY... THE ***** DELIVERY FEE WAS NEVER CHARGED TO YOU!!! HOW DO YOU WANT OR EXPECT TO GET A REBATE ON SOMETHING YOU DID NOT EVEN PAY FOR!!!!

The dishwasher was delivered, installed, you paid no sales tax, and the old one was hauled away Yes, the receipt prints out a rebate... It's a *** cash register! It even prints out the delivery rebate if you buy something, know it can be delivered, and opt to take it and have us load it up in your usually way too small SUV.

There is NO WAY for us, as humans, to reprogram the register to not print that rebate slip. :(

I have to agree with Cmiller. The same thing happened to us.

When you are promised something, the store should deliver. Ours was for free delivery, installation and haul away for dishwashers over a certain amount. The rebate form printed out.

Now we are told that the model we bought does not qualify. The rebate offer says it does.

Mr. Miller, you say you had the dishwasher installed by Lowe's, correct?

In our Lowes, that $140 D/W install fee INCLUDES the delivery by the installer, the installation, AND the haul-away of the old unit! Plus, if your area is like ours, there was also NO SALES TAX charged if you had the install arranged through the store!! The delivery fee only applies if you have the store deliver it, drop it off (with NO INSTALL NO HAUL AWAY of the old dishwasher).

So, you actually came out ahead if you ask me. Please read my other posts @ POC Lowes, I just get so tired of dealing with customers such as yourself who try to "work" the system on us, you know what your're doing, and get mad and feel you have to post when you get "outed" in forums such as this.

@retailer4life

Actually he has a point. As far as working the system, are you kidding me?!!

I didn't buy a dishwasher, I bought a dryer and requested interest free payments instead of a percentage off. I was also granted a discount as a sale was occurring and the model wasn't in the store. I made it a point to reiterate the price, discount, extension several times to ensure that it was copacetic.

I received my bill and it was higher and as if I had been talking to myself. I was livid and customer service at corporate level are inept or seemingly ignorant/apathetic.

The store personnel were more helpful.

It took close to two plus weeks to clear up. It shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Paint rebates are also scams. Their rebate applies to qualifying items but their is no way to determine what is and is not a qualifying item; the store can't even tell.

The advertised brand and type are not enough information. You are a fool to believe anything that they say.

View more comments (14)

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - Sweepstakes Scam

I recently purchased a Christmas Tree at Lowes in Plano, TX. Upon taking my 2 foot long receipt for the 1 item I purchased, I noticed that the receipt offered instructions for entering a Lowe's Sweepstakes for a $2500 Gift Card at Lowe's. Fine! When I went to the website and began providing my phone number and other personal information, I noticed that 4 pop-ups had appeared in the background on my computer, and one of the windows that was open before going to the site was changed to another site, offering a questionable sweepstakes for "Flip the Quarter in the Jar" to win. There was no "Back" button on the current screen for the $2500 sweepstakes that would allow me to change information I had already entered, and upon trying to right click on the screen and use the back button to change my phone number, the website indicated that the right click option had been disabled. I closed the windows without completing the sweepstakes entry and went about my business. Since that time, numerous pop-ups were appearing on my computer for scam sweepstakes for vacations, computers, and other products. My spyware scanner found numerous spyware programs and cookies installed on my computer that were related with the website. It will take me some time to remove all the spyware and insure my system is clean again. But, I cannot believe that Lowe's would associate themselves with such scams and would even post this on every customer's receipt that leaves their store. Their marketing person should be shot! I will not shop there again and wanted to warn others, DO NOT ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES!!!

I am very disappointed...in Lowes...I tried to enter per my receipt for the register to win a $2500 gift card....used the website designated and was never able to get to this sweepstakes...shame on you Lowes...