2.2

This is great that Home Depot is eating Lowes lunch. I'm a volunteer Vietnam veteran and when I pull my driver's license (which clearly states that I'm a veteran) at Lowes for a minor veteran's discount the kids working at Lowes who don't know anything about the armed forces refuse to accept my ID while Home Depot gladly honors it.

That's why I do all my hardware shopping at Home Depot.

Keep up the good work guys. It's the little things that count.

Reason of review: Poor veteran discount honoring.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Poor veteran discount program.

Comments

I think this is a store by store problem. I use the branch in Saratoga Springs NY, and the staff always give me a discount, along with a cheerful "thanks for your service".

he branch at nearby Clifton Park can be problematical though.

It's Lowe's policy to accept the DD214 (which is what the drivers license status indicates) only on Memorial Day, Veterans Day and 4th of July http://www.lowes.com/cd_In-Store+Services_745829091_

Hopefully Lowe's sees all these negative comments from people who should have better things to do with their time than complain about a few cents and axes the discount altogether.

I always thought vets were tougher and deserved my respect but I have to wonder with all this crying about not getting a little discount in a retail store.