Lowes location:

S. Durham Lowe's

4402 Fayetteville Rd

Durham, NC 27713, Store #2778

In 2014 Lowes replaced the shingles on my roof. I immediately had problems with the install.

1. They were supposed to remove an old exhaust pipe on the side of the house. It is still there.

2. Shortly after that a ceiling light quit working. Lowes sent out an electrician and they found a wire had been crimped and shorted. I am still not sure how they fixed it. The light had 3 switches that controlled it. After the repair, only 1 switch would turn the light on or off. Lowes refused to fix, because the Lowes electrician said it was bad switches and I would have to fix them myself. I brought in a licensed electrician who found that some "travelers" (electrical term for wiring legs with 3-way switches) had been switched and that all the switches worked.

Now after 2 years and 6 months, the roof has begun to leak. Lowes tells me their responsibility ended at 2 years and I would have to get a licensed roofer to determine the problem. If it turns out to be an installation problem, then Lowes MIGHT repair it. If it turns out to be material failure I would have to work with manufacturer. Either way, I will have to pay even more for what I believed to be a simple roofing job.

They have good salesmen. They made me feel comfortable that they would stand behind their work.

I am tremendously disappointed with their service and do not recommend them for any work done on homes.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of costumer services. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss warranty issue of lowes roof installation. Lowes needs to have the product delivered according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned lowes roof installation in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Lowes.

Comments