Lowes location:

S. Durham Lowe's

4402 Fayetteville Rd

Durham, NC 27713, Store #2778

In 2014 Lowes replaced the shingles on my roof. I immediately had problems with the install.

1. They were supposed to remove an old exhaust pipe on the side of the house. It is still there.

2. Shortly after that a ceiling light quit working. Lowes sent out an electrician and they found a wire had been crimped and shorted. I am still not sure how they fixed it. The light had 3 switches that controlled it. After the repair, only 1 switch would turn the light on or off. Lowes refused to fix, because the Lowes electrician said it was bad switches and I would have to fix them myself. I brought in a licensed electrician who found that some "travelers" (electrical term for wiring legs with 3-way switches) had been switched and that all the switches worked.

Now after 2 years and 6 months, the roof has begun to leak. Lowes tells me their responsibility ended at 2 years and I would have to get a licensed roofer to determine the problem. If it turns out to be an installation problem, then Lowes MIGHT repair it. If it turns out to be material failure I would have to work with manufacturer. Either way, I will have to pay even more for what I believed to be a simple roofing job.

They have good salesmen. They made me feel comfortable that they would stand behind their work.

I am tremendously disappointed with their service and do not recommend them for any work done on homes.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Roof Installation.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Costumer services.

Comments