2.3
Ease of Use
Layout of Store
Poster decreased review rating.

Update by user Feb 01

Since posting Lowes have delivered a replacement and picked up the defective range. It would seem that by my visiting the store I got my point over and the problem was taken care of the next day! However I stand by my opinion that their customer service is horrible as I should not have had to go to these lengths in order to get them to do the right thing.

Original review posted by user Jan 30

Horrible, horrible customer service. Yes it is so bad I cannot understand how Lowes stays in business.

We purchased a GE Electric Range on Jan 2 2018 from a salesman who, while pleasant, knew absolutely nothing about ranges. We knew more only because we had researched them on Consumer Reports. He did not even know the procedure for processing the sale documentation as was evidenced that he first led us to wait in line along with himself to a key cutting machine, but after a minute I questioned what the key cutting had to do with anything. He then realized his mistake and suggested we try one of the regular checkout registers.

After waiting in that line for our turn , the cashier told us that we would have to go to customer service desk! On our arrival there another staff member confirmed that we had arrived at the right section and the salesman thanked us and left . At that point the other person promptly processed the necessary documentation, without further delay or problem. The salesman had told us that the item was stock in stock but that delivery would be 7 days and we would receive a call the day before.

As we did not get a call when expected I called them and was told that delivery would not be for at least another week. I told them that we had just sold our present range relying on the fact that we would be getting the new one the next day. I was then put on hold for a short time and then informed that on checking they actually had them in stock and could deliver the following day after all! We had previously scheduled a pick up of the old one at time of delivery and I had cancelled that pickup.

Surprise! The new one was delivered at about 7.45 am the following morning. I mentioned to the delivery people that I had cancelled old appliance pick up and he confirmed that was correct as they had no instructions to pick up. However on checking the Lowes credit card online a few days later there was no credit for the pick up fee, so I called the store and was informed that a credit should have been issued but would take about 3 days before it was posted, and if it was not to take it up with the issuing bank.

I called that bank two days after that and was told that no credits were pending. At that point I paid the balance, less the disputed credit and filed a written dispute to which I subsequently received acknowledgment. It is currently still under investigation. NOW FOR THE WORST PART and a good reason why you should never shop at Lowes.

The door on the oven would not stay in the 45degree fully open position but kept springing up to neatrly fully closed. Because of this, the only way to remove a pan was to put one knee on the door while holding the pan with both hands, or get someone else to hold the door open while the pan was removed. As the hinges did not appear to be adjustable we called lowes service dept and booked aservice call. At that time we were informed that if the issue was not covered by warranty we would have to pay for the service call.

I responded that surely you must know whether a door that did not stay open was covered or not? The person responded that it would be up to the service person to decide that, but I would have to agree to pay for the call if it was not covered. I reluctantly agreed only because without a service call we could not use the oven safely. An appointment was then scheduled and "da da" second surprise - the serviceman arrived at the appointed time right on schedule!

After a few minutes he proclaimed that it was beyond repair as the chassis itself was twisted, which was probably caused by having being dropped and advised us to request an exchange. I was surprised as there was no visible damage, but as it was delivered without a box I suppose it could have been dropped and the packing prevented dents or scratches. I then phoned customer service at the Lowes store and explained the situation and asked for an exchange. After providing them with the requested details regarding invoice #, date of purchase etc, etc.

I was informed that I would have to physically visit the store with the stove and make a return and would receive a refund. I told them that I did not want a refund and that I wanted them to deliver a new one and at the same time pick up the defective one. They again repeated their policy. At that point I asked to speak with the store manager at which point I was put on hold after which their policy was once again repeated.

I tried posting a review on their website only to receive a message that "there was a problem posting on our side and try again later" I tried 2 hours later and got the same message. I researched on Google only to find that this is common, they obviously do not want their customers to hear the facts. Following that, I was so mad, I drove that day to the store, without the range of course, and told the customer service that if they would not agree to an exchange I was going to contact the local tv channel and BBB. I was not bluffing, whereupon the person told me she would confer with the"manager" (yea been there before, haven't I?) This time she returned to inform me that they would take care of it and would call me to schedule a delivery and pick up.

We will see what happens. I will give them 2 weeks to take care of it failing which I will contact these third party agencies and others and, as a last resort, file an action in court.

Review about: Ge Appliances Range.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments