I am a 100% DISABLED OFFICER WITH A SEVERE SPINAL CORD INJURY. MY 3MON. OLD 85LBS. DANBY 11K, $430.00 A/C unit SUDDENLY STARTED BANGING/SHAKING at 2 am. a BURNING SMELL DEVELOPED ! I UNPLUGGED IT. LOWES IN HOMESTEAD FL. RUDELY REFUSED ANY SPECIAL HELP LIFTING, MOVING, RETURNING, OR RAPIDLY REPLACING THE NEW-DEFECTIVE UNIT. I CAN NOT LIFT OVER 10 LBS !! I HAVE SURGICAL PARTS IMPLANTED IN MY SPINE ! (PLS. READ MEDICAL REMARKS BELOW). LOWES WAS NOT EVEN POLITE IN IGNORING MY REQUESTS FOR SPECIAL HELP, LOWES BEHAVED SHAME-FULLY AND UN PROFESSIONALLY, AFTER 5 TRANSFERRED PHONE NUMBERS LATER. LOWES CORPORATE SENT ME TO THE "EXTENDED SERVICE" COMPANY . I CAN'T USE THIS POLICY BECAUSE IT ISN'T OVER TWO YEARS YET ! DON'T BUY THIS PLAN THE MONEY IS NOT REFUNDABLE !!...

I EXPLAINED THAT IF IT BECOMES TOO HOT IN MY MIAMI MOBILE HOME, MY HEART GOES INTO S.V.T. (SUPER FAST RATE,OVER 200 BPM.S). I WAS TRANSFERRED TO "DENBY A/C SERVICE" NEXT... NOW, I WAS RESPECTFUL AND POLITE I EXPLAINED I WAS DISABLED LINE OF DUTY,

MY CIRCUMSTANCES MEANT NOTHING TO LOWES, I DON'T UNDERSTAND PEOPLE LIKE "THIS" NOW SO FAR,

1. LOWES REFUSED TO JUST "EXCHANGE" THE UNIT.

2. LOWES REFUSED TO CREDIT IT TOWARD A DIFFERENT A/C. UNIT.

3. WILL NOT REFUND THE CASH, SO I CAN REPLACE IT BEFORE IT BECOMES TOO HOT

4. A SERVICE SUB-CONTRACTOR WILL CALL ME WITHIN TWO WEEKS, TO MAKE APPOINTMENT TO COME VERIFY IT IS BROKEN ?.

5. 1ST. SERVICE PERSON WILL SET-UP A "HOME-REPAIR" APPOINTMENT, AFTER EVALUATING WHAT MUST BE FIXED. REPAIR PERSON WILL RESPOND WITHIN 2 WEEKS TO REPAIR THE A/C UNIT AT MY HOME.

6. IF SECOND REPAIR PERSON CERTIFIES THE UNIT IS BEYOND REPAIR, IT CAN THEN BE RETURNED !!!

7. IF I CAN SOME HOW CARRY THIS HUGE UNIT TO LOWES IN HOMESTEAD FL ??. IT IS UP TO THE FIRST MANAGER WHO REFUSED TO HELP ME AT ALL, IN THE FIRST PLACE TO DECIDE IF THEY WILL HONOR, 1. THE STORES GOODWILL AND GOOD NAME POLICY, 2. THE LOWES 91 DAY EXCHANGE/REFUND POLICY , 3. THE DANBY 1YR. POLICY AGREEMENT. 4. LOWES ALREADY REFUSED TO CREDIT/RETURN THE 2YR. $35.00 EXTENDED POLICY (DONT BUY A EXTENDED POLICE UNTIL YOU HAVE A PRODUCT 11MOS. OLD !!).

IF YOU HAVE BEEN SHOT-UP PROTECTING YOUR COUNTRY DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM LOWES IN HOMESTEAD FL. THAT WEIGHS OVER 10 POUNDS !. DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING THAT MIGHT BREAK AFTER IT LEAVES THE STORE. DON'T EXPECT TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER A SECOND TIME, ABOUT THE SAME SUBJECT, EVER. (COULDN'T REMEMBER THE NAME AFTER THE MORASS OF UNPROFESSIONAL DOUBLE TALK). THIS A/C UNIT COST OVER 1/2 MY MONTHLY CHECK.

I WAS POLITE, I ALMOST BEGGED AT SEVERAL POINTS IN ABOUT 8 CALLS. I DON'T HAVE THE 1ST. APPOINTMENT YET. THIS IS A HORRIBLE WAY TO TREAT ANYONE. IT IS SO DEPRESSING TO BE THIS DISABLED, TO BE IGNORED AND TREATED THIS BADLY. DO YOU KNOW HOW HOT A TRAILER GETS IN MIAMI, WHEN THERE IS NO WIND ?

MEDICAL FACTS I SHOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO EXPLAIN... I have ARTIFICIAL PIECES IN MY SPINE AND AN SURGICALLY IMPLANTED COMPUTER TO BLOCK PAIN IMPULSES, THERE ARE ELECTRICAL "LEADS" GOING UP AND DOWN MY SPINE. I CAN NOT LIFT OVER 10LBS. I HAVE HEART TROUBLE WHEN ITS HOT I MAY HAVE TO BE IN THE HOSPITAL TO RESTORE RATE.

Comments

I work for lowes and we do special pick ups for customers that are unable to bring product back for people such as your self. usually we send our lowes delivery team out to pick up the unit for you and bring you out a new one.

the fact that it was purchased 3 months ago means its still within our 90 day return policy. Generally on merchandise purchased recently we can recieve credit from our vendors. I want to apologize to you for the way the store in florida is handeling your situation. it does not make sense to me.

If you have a reciept they shoud be able to take it back and swap it out for a new one for you.

I hope that sense you posted this they have been able to resolve your issue. Thank you for your servie sir.

How did you get the A/C unit into your mobile home in the first place? Why can't you have a friend or neighbor help you bring the unit back to Lowes?

I'm sorry you got hurt protecting our country and thank you for it. Sorry I don't feel you should get any special treatment from a national store, local companies would have treated you alot better.

This is what happens when you go with bigger name places. You turn into just another customer not family...

NcoClub

I am a disabled vet. First of all, stop using all caps!

It is considered rude and most will just not read your OP when using it. Second of all, sorry to say but no company should give you special consideration because you are a disabled vet.

You are a sorry individual for even bringing any of that up. Man up, and if you have a legal beef fight it!!