Pulaski, Tennessee

I recently received by Vet ID card from the Virginia DMV. I checked the link on the DMV website of stores in town that offer discounts to vets and Lowes was listed as offering a 10% discount.

I went to Lowes and made a $400 purchase. When I checked out I was told by the 18 or 19 year old "customer service" girl that Lowes did not honor my ID card. I stated that I would just pay, planning to later speak to the store manager. This teenager continued to argue with me even after I told her that I did not wish to argue with her. She acted like she wanted to get the last word!!!

Whoever trained or manages this kid must not have told her that she is NOT to argue with a customer.

I later asked to speak with the manager only to find out the he was just another kid...about 24 years old and the assistant manager. I asked to speak with the real store manager but was told I would have to come back the next day before 5:00 when he works.

It appears that Lowes only hires kids and then gives them little or no training in customer service. This will be my L A S T trip to Lowes. In my opinion there is bad customer service, especially at this store. store. From now on I will spend my money at Home Depot!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Website.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 26, 2012.

Comments

Let me explain the Military Discount.

IT IS ONLY OFFERED TO MILITARY ID CARD HOLDERS, ACTIVE, RESERVE, OR RETIRED, and their ID CARD HOLDING FAMILY MEMBERS for personal purchases only.

THE ONLY TIME A DD214 can be used (indicating Honorable Discharge) is on specified Holidays. (Memorial, Veteran's, and July 4th)

Just because the State DMV put your vet status on your Driver's License means nothing.

They do not honor my DD214

next time try your dd-214 or mil. ID or a retrired mil.

ID card. works for me every time

IHateStupidCustomers

maybe the DMV hasn't updated their site to not include Lowe's? and if you think a 24 year old is a kid then a 15 year old must be a baby.

nikalseyn

JP Morgan Chase had a manager who wanted to argue with me a couple of years ago after I asked why they didn't open more teller windows. If that's the kind of people, especially managers, they hire, then do as I did----go elsewhere.

As you stated, Home Depot is a viable alternative. In my case, I cancelled all my accounts, closed out two CDs early(with a penalty)and went to a local credit union.